100 Greatest Albums of all Time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henke_149

Babyface
VH-1 in the U.K are currently doing a run down of the 100 greatest albums of all time which will last a week.
For anyone that can't wait that long to find out whats at number one i can tell you in advance.It is of course the brilliant

JOSHUA TREE.

Cheers.
Henke.

If it's the same VH-1 list from the US with Jeff Bridges hosting you will find:

AB #65
JT #15

There are brief video and audio pieces about the band as each album is brought up so you might want to tape it. There is a lot of crap on that list. I personally believe they went so far out of their way to patronize all genres and eras that many many excellent rock albums were omitted for things that really didn't belong. I mean they have old trumpet playing men from the 50's and Liz Phair at #94? Okay guys so you think she's hot and maybe she doesn't suck but why should she rate when all of U2's other albums were left out along with many other great albums (like Led Zeppelin 4!) and some bands entirely (like Yes, ELP and many others.) I am glad U2 is on the list but I find their methods flawed and unworthy of respect.

Warning: you will endure Henry Rollins and his commentary during the show
eek.gif

Next week someone media will come up with either OK Computer or The Bends as the greatest of all time.I've lost faith in this election.

But thanks for the good news henke_149, its always nice to know that U2 is on top of something.

------------------
I began to understand Indian Sadhus and and the begging bowls of the Hindu Priests that get dignity out of the way.And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

So it's really a different one? I'd love to know their list! How did you find out? Please post where all U2's stuff comes in and a whole list if you can, I want to see if they are as lame as the States!

Sorry, Exile in Guyville is a GREAT album.
Cheers to Liz!

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

No Zep 4? What kind of insane stupidity is that??

Good #1 choice, though!

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

It is a different poll at the moment doing the TV rounds on UK/Europe VH1 as far as I'm aware...you can find the list at www.vh1.co.uk, sorry I can't cut and paste it all so you'll have go there
smile.gif

U2 is indeed #1 Joshua Tree
and #21 Achtung Baby

which is very unsusual because ahead of AB is such classics as Robbie William's Sing When Your Winning, and Eminem's Marshall Mathers, make of that what you will

Reply to:pate20

Actually I wont mind Bends up there too.But what I'm trying to say over there is that these things are very synthetic in nature.Yeah if someone gets a commercial boom out of this, then its very good for the music industry.
wink.gif

------------------
I began to understand Indian Sadhus and and the begging bowls of the Hindu Priests that get dignity out of the way.And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

Back
Top Bottom