10 seconds of original of the species!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxpouliot

War Child
at sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2001_03_04/story_297.asp

at 4:20

can somebody make a mp3 of it cos i can't see the video?

That video goes back to ATYCLB times, I'm sure the song has moved on since then (I hope so, it's ANOTHER mid-tempo song!!). Where are the rock 'n' roll songs you promised Bono!!

Lo-Fi said:
That video goes back to ATYCLB times, I'm sure the song has moved on since then (I hope so, it's ANOTHER mid-tempo song!!). Where are the rock 'n' roll songs you promised Bono!!

Hmmm... I would say that about 90% of U2 songs could be qualified as "mid-tempo". Upbeat does not equal rock anyways. And rock songs on HTDAAB? What about Vertigo, ABOY and LAPOE? They certainly fit my description of rock n' roll... from what I've heard of them. You can like or dislike Vertigo, but it's without a doubt on the the 'rockiest' song they've ever recorded... And it's a damn good rock song IMO.

But you are right in any case, this is an old clip, and the song might have changed quite a bit anyways.

It's definitely a decent melody. U2fanman, where are you connecting the lyrics? Which article?

I really like this...without it being literal, it contains that U2 ache we've come to like so much.

Its quite Beatle-ish...this is the kind of song (by the clip anyway) that quality-wise, was needed in the 2ndhalf of ATYCLB.

Remember that in the interviews OoTS is describes as the song most resembling atyclb.

I really want to hear this song. The Beatles comparisons are making me very curious.

which preview/review was it that mentioned a song that sounded like george martin could have produced it?
you guys are so right. there is a totally beatles-influenced sound on this.
i love bono's singing in this clip. even if the song has changed a million degrees from this, you know it will have that type of vocal.
so much diversity on this cd--it is getting better with every snippet, leak, clip, bootleg........:drool:

oh wait, here it is from Uncut:

ORIGINAL OF THE SPECIES
If George Martin produced U2, it might sound something like this, with it's "I Am The Walrus" strings and Beatlesque ambience. "Baby slow down, please stay a child in your heart," Bono sings in an intriguing lyric.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST U2 HAVE EVER SOUNDED!!! THIS ALBUM WILL RAWK!!! I CRIED AND CRIED AND THEN I WET MYSELF!!!! TEN SECONDS OF HEAVEN SLICED AND DOWNLOADED TO MY DESKTOP!!!

...sorry, couldn't resist with all the freaking out going on around here...

tkramer said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST U2 HAVE EVER SOUNDED!!! THIS ALBUM WILL RAWK!!! I CRIED AND CRIED AND THEN I WET MYSELF!!!! TEN SECONDS OF HEAVEN SLICED AND DOWNLOADED TO MY DESKTOP!!!

...sorry, couldn't resist with all the freaking out going on around here...

:laugh: Yeah, I am not even going to listen to ten seconds that was recorded years ago. Might not even sound the same now. Give me a real clip.

beatles where the first band i thought about when i heard the sound. so I agree with sleep over jack...

Sleep Over Jack said:
Its quite Beatle-ish...this is the kind of song (by the clip anyway) that quality-wise, was needed in the 2ndhalf of ATYCLB.

I was going to say this! That was my first impression too. It wounds very Beatle-like.

Back
Top Bottom