10 most played U2 songs live.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
As of their last gig in February of '02.

I will follow - 606
Pride- 599
New years day- 577
Bullet the blue sky- 506
Where the streets have no name- 505
Sunday bloody sunday- 484
With or without you- 470
Bad- 433
I still haven't found what I'm looking for- 383
One- 369
Until the end of the world- 362
40- 350
The first time- 9
Babyface- 6
Do you feel loved- 6
Zooropa- 3
When I look at the world- 1
Red hill mining town- 0
Acrobat- 0
Summer Rain- 0
Grace- 0

they played "the fisrt time" 9 times????????

:ohmy:

:mad:

I must have been living under that rock back then.:der:

They have never played it entirely, but they would add a verse of it at the end of "Bad" during ZooTV, right before shredding it into "Bullet the Blue Sky."

The bottom list is odd, anyway. I don't think they've ever played all of "When I Look at the World," although Bono might have tagged it onto another song sometime during the Elevation Tour. And I know there are many other B-sides, rareties, and even album tracks that have never been played live, but only four are mentioned here.

As for the top list, I wonder if they're sick of "I Will Follow' yet. :)

Last edited:
bullet the blue sky being played more than sunday bloody sunday doesn't surprise me... they didn't play the song for the majority of the popmart tour and it was off and on durring the zootv-zooropa shows. btbs has been pretty much there throughout. what surprises me is that they've played btbs one more time than streets... i imagine they've played both of those songs every live show since the joshua tree came out, so the question now is, what's the one show where they didn't play streets? hmmm

There must have been two concerts where they played BTBS without playing Streets, because only the latter was played at the Superbowl last February.

Which are those two concerts?

I don't know what your source is Acrobat, but thanks for posting this.

Streets and Bullet. Those are 2 songs that I can not imagine them leaving off of future tours. It wouldn't suprise me if they squeeze their way up to 1 and 2. Also, I think Beautiful Day and Walk On will become concert staples of the future. They may not reach top 10, but they will definetly shoot up the play list.

I know they didn't play it 11-11-87, in San Fran (save the yuppies concert) but that wasn't a full show. However Bullet wasn't played either. I'm almost certain that there were a few dates on the Lovetown tour in which streets wasn't played.

Peter said:
There must have been two concerts where they played BTBS without playing Streets, because only the latter was played at the Superbowl last February.

Which are those two concerts?

My source first of all is www.elevation-tour.com/alltours. Since I was there, I can say that they did NOT play "Bullet the blue sky" in Notre Dame last year. I think that was the only Elevation show that they didn't play it. I'm sure that there are a few concerts where they didn't play one or the other, for whatever reason. I emphasize the word FEW.

I don't think they are tired of playing "I will follow". I think that when they wrote that song, they were so excited about writing it, and it was their first hit. Playing it probably reminds them of the good ol' days, and it maybe makes them feel youthful. Who doesn't like to reminisce? I've played in a band for I think 7 years. We started at 15 and we were shit. We have a lot of originals now that we primarily play. But the first song we learned to play well was "Mary Jane's last dance" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. And occasionally we'll bust that one out, and it feels so good to play. I don't think "I will follow" will ever be dropped out of the set list permenately.

pub crawler,

Bullet The Blue Sky has been played live since their debut on April 2, 1987 ( Tempe, Arizona ), except rare shows or similar.

SBS has only been played in every concert during the Joshua and Elevation Tours. In 1989 was absent and was on and off during de 1992-1993 ZooTV Tour.

Headache in a suitcase,

Streets was not played in some Joshua Tree concerts! In Europe Streets dissapeared in Paris, Munich, Leeds, Cologne, Munich etc

In terms of continuity, Bullet The Blue Sky is the most played song of U2.

Vox

The_acrobat said:

I don't think they are tired of playing "I will follow". I think that when they wrote that song, they were so excited about writing it, and it was their first hit. Playing it probably reminds them of the good ol' days, and it maybe makes them feel youthful. Who doesn't like to reminisce? I've played in a band for I think 7 years. We started at 15 and we were shit. We have a lot of originals now that we primarily play. But the first song we learned to play well was "Mary Jane's last dance" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. And occasionally we'll bust that one out, and it feels so good to play. I don't think "I will follow" will ever be dropped out of the set list permenately.

You're probably right. I just find myself listening to bootlegs every now and then and thinking "if I hear that riff ONE MORE TIME..." :)

Back
Top Bottom