1 Week for COBL single....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cobl.bmp

Do u2 really have a chance of getting to number 1 with COBL,who else is bringing out singles next week.Any info anybody?

have we heard the radio edit yet? have the completely butchered it? (i heard it's down to like 4 minutes:rant:)

hell, at any rate, id like to see a u2 song do well, go COBL go!

and for those of us not in the UK, would someone please explain what the deal is with that stupid frog? :confused:

i am gonna get all 3 singles! how great would 3 number 1 singles be!

Come on UK lets get this awesome track to number 1!

VertigoGal said:
have we heard the radio edit yet? have the completely butchered it? (i heard it's down to like 4 minutes:rant:)

hell, at any rate, id like to see a u2 song do well, go COBL go!

and for those of us not in the UK, would someone please explain what the deal is with that stupid frog? :confused:

:mad: The frog is a :censored: irritatating cellphone ringtone that some evil DJ has combined with Harold Faltermyer's "Axel F", to make a single. To say it's annoying is the understatement of the year!

To give you an example of its marketing power, it's currently outselling Coldplay's new single someting like 4 to 1! God help us all if this is the shape of music to come.

Remember folks, the DVD single of COBL does not count when it comes to record sales. If you're gonna buy 3 copies, buy 3 copies of CD1 instead! :up:

Last edited:
I'm not sure that Crazy Frog is any worse indicator of the state of pop music than 'Amercan Idol.'

Anyway, if you must torture yourself, Crazy Frog is availiable on iTunes in the U.S.

I already pre-ordered the 3 UK COBL singles, plus the German 3" CD.

The 3" actually has a different b-side this time, Out of Control from Under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't ever want to hear someone from england complain about america's taste in music ever again... a ring tone is the # song in your country.

What about someone in Scotland? :wink:

We also had that damn Pop Idol before the evil Simon Cowell renamed it American Idol and subjected you to it - we're just glad it's gone LOL.

As for the frog, it's those damned kids that keep buying it - they should all have mobile phones confiscated and not be allowed to buy music of any description...until maybe they're 21 or so anyway.

Wow, that doesn't really look like too much competiton.......I think we might have another #1 on our hands...

i think crazy frog may still be #1 and COBL will only make #2.

greenday - wake me up when september ends, i predict top 20 at best

that frog thing is all over europe. i know i saw him everywhere in poland, holland and lithuania...what an evil bugger.

I don't know about UK charts, but in Australia, Good Charlotte is gonna be tough to beat.
(Good Charlotte is NOT better or even close to as good as U2 -- I'm getting a little tired of 'punk' bands who all sing in the same tone of voice in every song -- I can't tell them apart anymore.)

God, I sound old. I'm not! My friends are the ones who like them!

But anyway, Good luck, City Of Blinding Lights!! Make our guys lots of money -- They need a space station.

Oh, and is that fucking frog a whole song?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That had better not come to Australia -- Cos I'm sure it'll go to number one here too. :madspit:

Everyone's so stupid

:wink:

Meghan said:
But anyway, Good luck, City Of Blinding Lights!! Make our guys lots of money -- They need a space station.

:lmao:

PS Last time I looked at sanity.com.au I was the only person who has ordered any of the City singles. In the "Customers who bought CITY OF BLINDING LIGHTS also bought" section it is STILL displaying as ABBA and The Church ie stuff I bought over a month ago.

Not looking good for the Australian charts.

fucking crazy frog, i thought us aussies were the only ones getting it but obviously not

im so looking foward to the new singles, especially the stellafield b-sides :D :D :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

LOL It's not the actual ringtone itself that is #1 - it's the crazy frog character's "voice" over a remixed version of 'Axel F'...

...Still shit tho' :wink:

Back
Top Bottom