Zing, San Pablo de las Salinas, Tultitlán, Mexico Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha you bet :)

You're staying in Melbournetown for the holidays aren't you?

Indeed I am. I'm looking forward to a Christmas at my own place, with no travel anywhere. It'll be a quiet one but I'm happy about that.

Indeed I am. I'm looking forward to a Christmas at my own place, with no travel anywhere. It'll be a quiet one but I'm happy about that.

We should do something. I'm not planning on heading down till maybe the day after boxing day at the moment. but subject to change with me, as always.

We should do something. I'm not planning on heading down till maybe the day after boxing day at the moment. but subject to change with me, as always.

Yeah, let's! That'd be pretty cool. You planning on going to the Boxing Day Test? (I assume it's on as usual!)

I'm so glad we don't have big stressful family Christmases. We just have the three of us, it's a totally stress-free affair with lots of delicious food! :love:

Yeah, let's! That'd be pretty cool. You planning on going to the Boxing Day Test? (I assume it's on as usual!)

Not sure about the cricket. I dunno what we could do, I'd be happy with anything. do we know what the rest of the Melbourne crew is up to over boxing day?

Not sure about the cricket. I dunno what we could do, I'd be happy with anything. do we know what the rest of the Melbourne crew is up to over boxing day?

Alison will probably be up in Castlemaine. Not sure about the rest.

How'd you fancy meeting up some day in the city for poutine! :lol:

(I swear to you that it's great.)

I'm so glad we don't have big stressful family Christmases. We just have the three of us, it's a totally stress-free affair with lots of delicious food! :love:

That sounds like fun!

Will this chirstmas day is gonna be a little bit tough. its the first one without my Pa, and we always went to Nan and Pa's for Chrissy lunch. And this is the first year without him.

And also, my aunty has just started Chemo Therapy, and we aren't going over to her place for dinner as per usual.

Night Vlad! :wave:

That sounds like fun!

Will this chirstmas day is gonna be a little bit tough. its the first one without my Pa, and we always went to Nan and Pa's for Chrissy lunch. And this is the first year without him.

And also, my aunty has just started Chemo Therapy, and we aren't going over to her place for dinner as per usual.

Oh, that does sound like it could be rough. I haven't been back to New Zealand since Grandpa died, but when I do ... yeah, that's going to be ... a difficult thing. I used to often go and have late Christmas or late birthday with Grandma and Grandpa.

Its always a tough thing the first time around. This time last year he was so happy and upbeat.

I saw Grandpa for my 21st birthday. He was talking about coming to visit me in Melbourne.

He was dead less than a fortnight later.

Oh, that's terrible Ax. So it was a sudden thing, he wasn't sick or anything?

Oh, he was sick, I'd been to visit him in July 2007 because we knew he only had a limited time, then I made a point of seeing him for my 21st in January 2008. But he was receiving treatment; he was optimistic he could make another trip.

But cancer's a bitch and he took an extremely sharp turn for the worst. We kind of think he'd been holding out for my visit and that was it.

Oh, he was sick, I'd been to visit him in July 2007 because we knew he only had a limited time, then I made a point of seeing him for my 21st in January 2008. But he was receiving treatment; he was optimistic he could make another trip.

But cancer's a bitch and he took an extremely sharp turn for the worst. We kind of think he'd been holding out for my visit and that was it.

:( :hug:

That's what happend with my Pa (Lung Cancer) he took a bad turn on a monday, and died on the Wednesday.

Fucking Cancer.

:( :hug:

That's what happend with my Pa (Lung Cancer) he took a bad turn on a monday, and died on the Wednesday.

Fucking Cancer.

Damn. :hug: My Grandpa had some fairly uncommon cancer, I can never remember the name, but it was to do with his neck. He became very weak not long after I left, then he had to be admitted to the hospice and was gone about three or four days later. At least the Kiwi-based family had time to get there. I could've made it too, but my memories of Grandpa from my last visit were so good (and his of my visit were the same) that we thought it would be best to end on such a good note. I think that was for the best. My last memories are of him smiling and laughing after a very good day.

:up: Its always best to keep a good memory!

My Pa died at home. So we got to spend the last hours with him. He came good for about half an hour and we all said our goodbyes and stuff...well not goodbyes but we talked to him, and he was upset....., I'll always remember the last thing he ever ate was an Ice Cream, and he LOVED Ice Cream :)

Back
Top Bottom