Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm already getting nervous about tickets. Not sure how valid this info is but if there's smoke there's fire.

LED ZEP: NOW WE'LL TOUR

Led Zeppelin will announce a world tour within days following last night’s triumphant comeback gig. Box offices are primed and ready to print millions of tickets for the shows, which will devastate those who splashed out thousands for the supposedly one-off 02 Arena concert.

A ticket agent source said: “There is definitely a full tour coming. We’ve all been told to get ready for the dates to be confirmed.

“It’s expected to be within days to capitalise on the excitement of the reunion. Promoters have been falling over themselves to get the band to agree. They’re also being courted by festival bosses to headline something like Glastonbury.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/23616/Led-Zep-now-we-ll-tour/

we'll see.. that is a tabloid newspaper in the uk... :hmm::shifty:

we're getting closer... :hyper:

the article states that they set to headline bonnaroo.. but the promoters for that have clearly said no they will not..

not buying this source at all...

Last edited:
lol....ya. Well it's definitely getting closer.

Btw, the audio downloads on the last page I have just listened to. They are a mix of stuff from YouTube, etc. Most sound like crap so I'd probably wait till the boot comes out tomorrow.

So today or tomorrow what we're waiting on is the boot from the "Wendy" label, which was posted at Bootleg Encyclopedia saying there will be more details tomorrow about it.

We also need this dude I've been waiting on to upload his 2 hours(600mb) of vid. Most likely it's going to be shit anyway as he sounds inexperienced. Cool nevertheless.

Slipstream said:
So today or tomorrow what we're waiting on is the boot from the "Wendy" label, which was posted at Bootleg Encyclopedia saying there will be more details tomorrow about it.

We also need this dude I've been waiting on to upload his 2 hours(600mb) of vid. Most likely it's going to be shit anyway as he sounds inexperienced. Cool nevertheless.

Exactly. Something's better than nothing, right :)? Hope things work out with that "Wendy" label and stuff, too. I imagine many will be clamoring for that.

JCOSTER said:
I have a feeling that this will be the hardest ticket to get ever!

My dad said he's heard people predict that this could be the first tour to go into the billions as far as sales go or something along that line. It'll certainly be HUGE.

Angela

U2Fanatic4ever said:

the article states that they set to headline bonnaroo.. but the promoters for that have clearly said no they will not..

What were the promoters supposed to say...:eyebrow: Of course they denied it, I don't believe anything was certain until after last night...:yes:

The tour is most likely a 'go' after their performance last evening...:rockon:

Last edited:
Not to be a downer or anything, but . . .

I'm sure any Led Zeppelin tour would sell out immediately and be immensely successful, but I don't know about "in the billions".

People like my Dad already saw Zep 3 or 4 times in their prime, back in the day, I don't know if those kinds of fans would shell out hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to see them again, when they've already seen them many times at the height of their powers (and with John Bonham).

So I think the tour would be aimed toward casual fans and fans (like me) who were like 5 years old when they disbanded.

So "into the billions" seems like a stretch to me. :shrug:

Just my $ .02

:wink:

FitzChivalry said:
Not to be a downer or anything, but . . .

I'm sure any Led Zeppelin tour would sell out immediately and be immensely successful, but I don't know about "in the billions".

People like my Dad already saw Zep 3 or 4 times in their prime, back in the day, I don't know if those kinds of fans would shell out hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to see them again, when they've already seen them many times at the height of their powers (and with John Bonham).

So I think the tour would be aimed toward casual fans and fans (like me) who were like 5 years old when they disbanded.

So "into the billions" seems like a stretch to me. :shrug:

Just my $ .02

:wink:

Promoter have forecast $300 million for 50 shows with 60,000 per concert. And 20 million requests for tickets (priced at $250) for last night's concert should give you an indication of their potential fanbase...:yes:

Exactly. Like I said, it was just predictions my dad heard, but I personally wouldn't be surprised if they were true. My dad's never seen them, so I know he'd be willing to pay as much as he could to go catch them (unless he's lucky enough to get free tickets at where he works...which would be cool). And never underestimate the nostalgia factor.

Angela

Great setlist! Disapponited no Imigrant Song or Heartbreaker but very impressive! "Black Dog" "Stariway To Heaven"
and "Kashmir." I like it! I would love to see them live!

Last edited:
Fitz - seems to me this would/could be the biggest tour of all time, don't you think? And yes, people who saw them in the 70s will CERTAINLY shell out the money to see them again. Absofukkinlutely. I can name 3 older people off the top of my head (hubby, his two good friends,...). I was 15-16 in 1980 and was looking forward to Led Zep going on tour, as I was old enough to know their music a little at that point. And then Bonham died, and that was that. I've seen Plant a couple of times in the 80s, and Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes (Chris Robinson on vocals :drool: )

So yeah, this is gonna be huge. I just hope they can come up with some fair way to distribute tickets without the general public being gouged & bled to death

ETA: Slipstream - that Getty link is cut off th way you have it. If anyone wants to see the link, just quote Slipstream, and then copy the link and paste into your webbrowser.

Last edited:
Hmmm i dont know how Plant would carry of a long tour, is his voice strong enough these days :(

vaz02 said:
Hmmm i dont know how Plant would carry of a long tour, is his voice strong enough these days :(

i doubt they will do a long tour if they do at all... seriously at this point in their lives plus the fact that plant will be touring with allison krauss to promote the new album.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I am just peachy in all this crazy, insane zeppelin madness... :D

I just watched that kashmir vid and there is over 102,000 views! :ohmy:

It was ridiculously :drool: He sounded amazing!

Back
Top Bottom