Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
interview with Jason:

Led Zeppelin onstage Dec. 10 in London

Gary Graff, Detroit

Still buzzing from Led Zeppelin's reunion show on Dec. 10 in London, drummer Jason Bonham says he's the wrong guy to ask about any future plans for the group.

"I'm still the new guy, and I wouldn't know," Bonham -- whose late father, John Bonham, was Zep's original drummer -- tells Billboard.com. "There's been no talks except to Jimmy (Page) and Robert (Plant) and John Paul (Jones), just to say thanks for the best Christmas present I could ask for. It really meant a lot to me."

"Is it gonna be again? Don't be greedy," he continues. "Just take it for what you've done and be proud to be part of that. If they do it again, of course I would love to. But that's up to them. Only time will tell. If you'd have asked me a year ago, 'Are they gonna do a date next year?,' I'd have gone, 'No way!' So I was proved wrong once before."

Bonham says that even a week after the show, the experience "still ... kinda feels surreal, like it never really happened in some way." But he does feel that the show, part of a tribute to the late Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, provided some vindication after what he felt was a sub-par performance with Zep at the Atlantic Records' 40th anniversary concert in 1988 in New York.

"I had to work at it, really prove that I could do it and not just say, 'Hey, I'm John Bonham's son. I should be doing it,'" he explains. "I put a lot of work into it ... listening to all the different live versions I had. You've got to earn this, 'cause there's a million drummers out there that would love to cut your throat right now and take over."

"I'm amazed. I pulled it off," he enthuses. "So it's very special for me, just ... everything. If you'd have wanted a moment for everyone to get it right at one point, that was it."

Bonham returns to his regular drum chair in Foreigner at the end of the month for a couple of shows in Florida -- where he and his family reside -- including a New Year's Eve date with the B-52's at the Universal Studios Citywalk in Orlando. That show will be broadcast live by Comcast's CN8 network at 9 p.m. EST.

Led Zeppelin tour rumors continue to persist. The latest comes out of the U.K., where the group is reportedly considering a series of stadium shows. But nothing has yet been confirmed, and Plant has already begun scheduling late spring shows with Alison Krauss.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003686690

Last edited:
another audio version on DIME out there...:D

Led Zeppelin
"Ahmet Ertegun Tribute"
O2 Arena, London, United Kingdom
December 10, 2007

Title: "Hey, Ahmet! We Did It!"

Taper: Maia

The torrent has been fixed for SBE (sector boundary errors) that were present on the previous version at http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=175053

This is a different capture (check sample below) from the one previously uploaded at http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=174419.

Audience recording
Lineage: Sony ECM-719 > Belkin TuneTalk Stereo > wav > edited with Audacity > wav > converted with Trader's Little Helper > flac (level8)

This is the complete show, recorded from Block 421.

It is raw material.

Crowd and clapping noise have been left in to keep the whole feeling of the show!

There is a cut during Whole Lotta Love at 5:30.

Lineup:
Robert Plant - vocals, harmonica
Jimmy Page - electric guitar
John Paul Jones - bass guitar, keyboards
Jason Bonham - drums

Tracklist:

- Disc 1 -
t01. Intro (newsreel footage from 1973, Tampa, Florida)
t02. Good Times Bad Times
t03. Ramble On
t04. Black Dog
t05. In My Time Of Dying
t06. For Your Life
t07. Trampled Under Foot
t08. Nobody's Fault But Mine
t09. No Quarter
t10. Since I've Been Loving You

- Disc 2 -
t01. Dazed And Confused
t02. Stairway To Heaven
t03. The Song Remains The Same
t04. Misty Mountain Hop
t05. Kashmir
== encore 1:
t06. Whole Lotta Love
== encore 2:
t07. Rock and Roll

Many thanks to Zeuso and Syb for their help and support!!!

Please remember the concert was given in support of the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund. Feel free to make a donation at www.justgiving.com/ahmetertegun !

Sample: Kashmir (mp3) at http://www. .com/?d=BJXQ9L9D

Artwork included.

Enjoy!!

Please do not convert to lossy.

Do not sell!!
Trade freely!!

ok... i think we really have a winner here folks.. check this out.

LED ZEPPELIN

O2 Arena, London, 10 December 2007

Judging from the other recordings available it was a wise choice standing where I did, although my back did not thank me for standing for over 4 hours. The band got on stage at 9 PM exactly and finally left at 11.12 PM. There were no idiots in my vicinity and I believe that I got an excellent recording of the entire concert, and I would rate it as my best ever. Am very pleased that it was this historic show that it all worked out so well. I still cannot believe that I was there! Enjoy the show and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody. Really nice artwork is included, created by Paul Price, a professional graphic artist, who also created the beautiful artwork for “The Holy Grail” Earls Court 25th May 1975 DVD release.

Recorded by Jules McTrainspotter. A Trainspotter Production. Direct distribution by Royal Orleans.

Recording equipment: Sony D7 DAT recorder & Sony ECM-717 stereo microphone. Maxell DM180 DAT tape.

Location: Standing 30 yards dead centre of Jason Bonham, and about 10 yards in front of the sound crew. I use the term “sound crew” loosely, there were numerous minor problems throughout the show.

Transfer: Playback on a Fostex D-5 DAT recorder using an AES/EBU digital coaxial lead into a Fostex CR200 CD recorder. Extracted with EAC on a Plextor 48/24/48A writer to my PC.

Mastering: Fade ins and outs using Adobe Audition 3. Que stops created in CD Wave Editor 1.91. No other mastering done. This is a pure DAT to CDR upload, identical to my Master DAT.

Disc 1:

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Ramble On
3. Black Dog
4. In My Time Of Dying
5. For Your Life
6. Trampled Under Foot
7. Nobody’s Fault But Mine
8. No Quarter
9. Since I’ve Been Loving You

Disc 2:

1. Dazed And Confused
2. Stairway To Heaven
3. The Song Remains The Same
4. Misty Mountain Hop
5. Kashmir
6. Whole Lotta Love
7. Rock And Roll

i am downloading now.. :D

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Details please...sound wise...:hmm:

I need to find this torrent when I get home....:rockon:

Reggie,

It sounds very good to me. Sounds to me that he was in the sweet spot. I just started listening to it and it's way better than the other versions.. Can't give much detail yet but...

GO GET IT!!!

:D

Led Zeppelin concert off until at least September By Dan Sloan
Mon Jan 28, 3:43 AM ET

TOKYO (Reuters) - British rock band Led Zeppelin enjoyed jamming together again last year in a charity concert but won't have another session before September at the earliest, lead guitarist Jimmy Page said in Tokyo on Monday.

A successful reunion show in London in December rekindled hopes of a world tour, but Page said that singer Robert Plant's tour with U.S. country singer Alison Krauss is keeping him busy for now.

"I can assure you the amount of work that we put into the O2 (concert), for ourselves rehearsing and the staging of it, was probably what you put into a world tour," Page said.

But, "Robert Plant also had a parallel project running and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news."

Page, in Tokyo to promote a greatest hits release, painted a happy picture of the reunion.

"It was exhilarating, fantastic, every week was a week to look forward to," he said. "We did the show and it was great."

The band, formed in 1968 by Page, Plant, bass guitarist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham, became arguably the world's biggest rock group by the early 1970s.

Their fourth album, released in 1971, included their most famous song, "Stairway to Heaven," while the band has sold an estimated 300 million albums worldwide.

The group decided to break up shortly after Bonham died in September 1980, although Page and Plant collaborated at times over the years.

Plant, Page and Jones performed together in London before about 20,000 fans on December 10, with Bonham's son Jason on the drums.

When the concert was announced, the Internet site selling tickets crashed with applications, while the possibility of a new world tour had fans around the globe excited.

Page said after many years the song indeed remained the same.

"That is what was so thrilling really -- to come together after all this time and find that there was so much chemistry and so much electricity involved in these four characters."

Lila64 said:
Led Zeppelin concert off until at least September By Dan Sloan
Mon Jan 28, 3:43 AM ET

TOKYO (Reuters) - British rock band Led Zeppelin enjoyed jamming together again last year in a charity concert but won't have another session before September at the earliest, lead guitarist Jimmy Page said in Tokyo on Monday.

A successful reunion show in London in December rekindled hopes of a world tour, but Page said that singer Robert Plant's tour with U.S. country singer Alison Krauss is keeping him busy for now.

"I can assure you the amount of work that we put into the O2 (concert), for ourselves rehearsing and the staging of it, was probably what you put into a world tour," Page said.

But, "Robert Plant also had a parallel project running and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September, so I can't give you any news."

Page, in Tokyo to promote a greatest hits release, painted a happy picture of the reunion.

"It was exhilarating, fantastic, every week was a week to look forward to," he said. "We did the show and it was great."

The band, formed in 1968 by Page, Plant, bass guitarist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham, became arguably the world's biggest rock group by the early 1970s.

Their fourth album, released in 1971, included their most famous song, "Stairway to Heaven," while the band has sold an estimated 300 million albums worldwide.

The group decided to break up shortly after Bonham died in September 1980, although Page and Plant collaborated at times over the years.

Plant, Page and Jones performed together in London before about 20,000 fans on December 10, with Bonham's son Jason on the drums.

When the concert was announced, the Internet site selling tickets crashed with applications, while the possibility of a new world tour had fans around the globe excited.

Page said after many years the song indeed remained the same.

"That is what was so thrilling really -- to come together after all this time and find that there was so much chemistry and so much electricity involved in these four characters."

I was just gonna post this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippie:

I can so wait for this.. Thank you LZ.... :bow:

Last edited:
flirtheadbang.gif
flirtheadbang.gif
flirtheadbang.gif

From the L.A. Times... :sad:

Plant said to nix Led Zep tour

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nt1march01,1,5051221.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

An offer of 100 million pounds was reportedly turned down.
By Randy Lewis, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
3:56 PM PST, March 3, 2008

Robert Plant has said no to an offer of 100 million pounds -- about $200 million U.S. -- for Led Zeppelin to tour, saying he prefers to leave the band's November reunion in London as the final word on its legacy, according to England's Sunday Mirror.

The paper quotes sources close to the band saying that while guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones were supportive of a hotly anticipated Zeppelin reunion tour on the heels of last fall's performance, Plant would rather focus on, among other non-Zeppelin interests, his recent collaboration with Alison Krauss, "Raising Sand," for which the two will be on tour starting April 19 in Louisville, Ky.

The tour stops in L.A. at the Greek Theatre on June 23 and 24 and at the Santa Barbara Bowl on June 25.

According to the report, Plant has nixed any additional performances by Led Zeppelin. "Despite the enormous offer, the decision did not come down to money," the Sunday Mirror quoted an anonymous source. "They always said they would do the one-off show and then see how they felt.... [Plant] has other commitments and is happier looking forward to those."

:sad: :sad: :sad:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
um the reunion in london was in December not November...dumbasses..:huh:

we'll see but always had the sinking feeling plant was up to it..:sad:

Plant get the reunion thing going with the ahmet show, gets Jimmy all pumped up, gets massive publicity for his Krauss snooze-fest then leaves Jimmy and JPJ hanging

Fuck you Plant, oh and by the way your version of Levee on the last tour was atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom