Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Did you ever hear the Black Crowes with Jimmy Page at the Greek Theater? That was an incredible show :drool: As I've said before, my friend, who had seen many a Led Zeppelin show, said it was the best LZ show he ever saw :ohmy: Chris' voice fits right in....

:reject:

May as well get Led Zepplica, they do a better job of Zep covers than the Crowes do

www.ledzepplica.com

Lila64 said:
Did you ever hear the Black Crowes with Jimmy Page at the Greek Theater? That was an incredible show :drool: As I've said before, my friend, who had seen many a Led Zeppelin show, said it was the best LZ show he ever saw :ohmy: Chris' voice fits right in....

I heard the shows were great also...and I'm sure the Black Crowes singing Zep songs with Page lending a hand was great...I just can't stand Chris Robinson...:shrug:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

:no:

I respect the Black Crowes...but the Robinson brothers make me :sick: Talk about overrated...:shrug: That said the Black Crowes debut album is :drool:...but after that...:scratch:

I'd rather have Beav sing...:uhoh:

The debut was their weakest album. "Southern Harmony" and "Amorica" are just the peas knees.

Yeah, but I'm the ever 'mainstream' listener...so I prefer the first album...:shrug:

I got sick of all the in-fighting and firing the bass player/drummer whomever for playing basketball...:eyebrow:...seriously....whatever with those guys...

Aw Reggie - you gotta give 'em another try. It's about the music, man, not the brothers fighting. 'Southern Harmony & Musical Companion' is :drool:

\back on topic :shifty:

Lila64 said:

I have nothing against The Black Crowes, but can someone really say "it was the best Led Zeppelin show" when, in fact, only 1/4 of Led Zeppelin was on stage playing??? :huh: :| :scratch:

a partial video is up on DIME :yippie:

I am d/l'g now :D

Led Zeppelin, O2 Arena
December 10, 2007, London, England

Audience Recording
Master Recording

Taper: IanA. Filmed from Block 405 with a Fuji Z1. Memory card was a 2GB, followed by a 1GB card. Resolution is 640x480, 30 fps (rendered for DVD with original aspect preserved by Jason Peterson)

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Ramble On
3. Black Dog
4. In My Time of Dying
5. For Your Life
6. Stairway to Heaven
7. The Song Remains The Same
8. Kashmir

Notes: Many thanks to IanA for sharing his recording!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be patient if this has any problems- this is my first torrent here, and my first using my webseeder account. All of the info that I have about this is above.

I call this the 'Ian A' version, because as many of you know, there are other versions starting to emerge.

Please don't message me asking where else to find video for this show.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this needs to be stated, although all of the info is above, the format is NTSC. The frame rate is 30fps, and the resolution is 640x480.

according to gSpot - video size is 4:3

audio is DVD LPCM Audio

FitzChivalry said:

I have nothing against The Black Crowes, but can someone really say "it was the best Led Zeppelin show" when, in fact, only 1/4 of Led Zeppelin was on stage playing??? :huh: :| :scratch:

They played Zep songs better than Zeppelin did?

I mean, Zep were always fucking sloppy as hell live.

Brilliant but sloppy.

MrBrau1 said:

They played Zep songs better than Zeppelin did?

I mean, Zep were always fucking sloppy as hell live.

Brilliant but sloppy.

In Jimmy Page's own words: "Tight but Loose"

or maybe he was talking about Lori Maddox?

u2fp

Slipstream said:

This is absolutely hilarious. I do remember watching it at the time. One of the best all time Conan moments along with some "Secrets", Triumph and the Courtney Thorn-Smith/Norm MacDonald exchange.

When Robert Plant appeared on Conan in mid 2005, I remember asking on the Zep message board if they would show a clip of this when he sat on the couch for a brief interview. They dismissed me as crazy and insisted it didn't exist.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

When Robert Plant appeared on Conan in mid 2005, I remember asking on the Zep message board if they would show a clip of this when he sat on the couch for a brief interview. They dismissed me as crazy and insisted it didn't exist.

u2fp

They're all nuts over there.
If Page is producing the sound for the DVD, as I'm sure he is, I can't imagine we'd see it before better-sounding boots have emerged. I'm amazed that slowburn's is the only one to have been released so far. Surely there must have been dozens of tapers there.

Here are some nice multi-cam versions of stairway and kashmir:

http://www.youtube.com/kire70

Can anyone with a better ear than I have tell me what's happening with jason and jimmy on stairway? On old zep versions of the song, Bonham never counted in, and the entrance of the drums was always more powerful because of it. Here, Jason counts in, and Page walks over to the drum riser to face him. It sounds to me like the rhythm falters a bit - like Jason is trying to make sure everyone is playing at exactly the same pace, because Page is, as usual, following a fluid tempo. Or am I wrong?

bgmckinney said:

They're all nuts over there.
If Page is producing the sound for the DVD, as I'm sure he is, I can't imagine we'd see it before better-sounding boots have emerged. I'm amazed that slowburn's is the only one to have been released so far. Surely there must have been dozens of tapers there.

The probelm with LZ fans is that there are some serious inner trading circles. There's usually a 1 or 2 unheard vintage live tapes that pop up every year.

Another unique problem with the O2 show is that serious tapers would have trouble getting tickets. That or tapers would have to lend gear to those that did "win" the lottery.

Those 2 points said, I would also think there must be many tapers amongst the several thousand VIPs.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

The probelm with LZ fans is that there are some serious inner trading circles. There's usually a 1 or 2 unheard vintage live tapes that pop up every year.

Another unique problem with the O2 show is that serious tapers would have trouble getting tickets. That or tapers would have to lend gear to those that did "win" the lottery.

Those 2 points said, I would also think there must be many tapers amongst the several thousand VIPs.

u2fp

That goes back to the days when most zep tapers grew up - when taping required expensive technology and a serious effort to reproduce and distribute.
I know what you mean about tapers not getting tickets... but when I think how quality boots emerge after nearly every U2 show, for a band that tours regularly and does not have dramatic differences from one show to another, I can't help but think that for O2 there must have been three or four serious bootleggers there. This was basically the concert of the century. People must have found a way.

I'm excited to see the show. Hopefully the dvd will be pretty soon! I love Zeppelin. Their How the West was Won album was the first thing of theirs that I bought and it dropped my jaw.

the tourist said:
How the West was Won album was the first thing of theirs that I bought and it dropped my jaw.

I envy you. I was eased into Zeppelin... took me years to fully appreciate them. But if that album had been the first thing I heard, it wouldn't have taken so long.

bgmckinney said:

I envy you. I was eased into Zeppelin... took me years to fully appreciate them. But if that album had been the first thing I heard, it wouldn't have taken so long.

What can I say? That album happened to come out right when I was really into a riff-writing mood and a friend of mine told me to pick up that album if I wanted to hear some sweet riffs. I'm very thankful I bought it.

bgmckinney said:

That goes back to the days when most zep tapers grew up - when taping required expensive technology and a serious effort to reproduce and distribute.
I know what you mean about tapers not getting tickets... but when I think how quality boots emerge after nearly every U2 show, for a band that tours regularly and does not have dramatic differences from one show to another, I can't help but think that for O2 there must have been three or four serious bootleggers there. This was basically the concert of the century. People must have found a way.

yeah I have to agree with you there.. there must be other tapers that were there that nite.. Just little more patience on our part.. I guess. I am a member of the LZ board I will have to go check out the forums and see if they hinted to other better audio boots..

bgmckinney said:

Being a hardcore fan of certain artists means you are aware of certian things that frustratingly never surface. here's a couple off the top of my head:

Bruce Boston Garden 1978 - his biggest fanbase outside NJ/NYC with some interesting setlists. VERY unusual no tape exits of this, as nearly every other MASS appearance from 73 onwards likely exist.

Dylan 76 - There's no known tape(save Dylan's private 1974-present soundboard audio
collection)of a Blood On The Tracks song that was only performed once.

U2 - So Cruel - only full performance done with no taper amongst the 70,000(?) at the Pontiac Silverdome

Zep - 1970 outdoor show infront of 100,000 festival crowd near London. Though 3 proshot films(one complete) exist from 3 different sources in private collections(Page only has 15-20 minutes) and Page has the full multitrack recording the only thing that circulates in the HORRIBLE audience tape.

Several U2 Vertigo shows(torontos?)

CCR bootlegs of any kind are very scarce.

Several songs Hendrix only publically performed once have never surfaced, including full length live version of Third Stone and his instrumental tribute to MLK the night he was killed. Also missing is the Ready Steady Go tv appearance from Dec. 1966 that made him a household name in the UK, even though every RSG episode from 64 and 65 exist.

A new unrecorded TOOL song was rumoured to played once live at a recent show. Since no tape has surfaced, and many TOOL fans are dumb as dirt, debate continues.

Beatles played "We Can Work it Out", "In My Life" and "Rain" live in 65/66 but there are no known tapes. I think there was also a 1966 NME Pollwinners 2-3 song set that was swiped from an archive and never seen again.

Syd Barrett's 3 post-Floyd live performances.

There is no known footage from the first 2 NFL superbowls from the mid 60's. The NFL has a $1mil bounty for any clip of either game.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom