Ytterby, Sweden Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, just passing by (sorry for disappearing - visitors), and Ax after seeing and reading that, I don't know whether to cry or vomit. :sad:

My heart goes out to them all. :hug:

It's fucking unbelieveable. They're calling it the worst day in Victoria's history. Possibly not wrong.

So I see just about the whole forum is dead really.

And Australia seems on top in the cricket for now too. :grumpy:

Oh Jesus Christ, the death toll's been updated to 49 and there's presumably more to go ... it's the second deadliest bushfire in Victorian history, exceeding Victoria's share of Ash Wednesday in 1983. Black Friday in 1939 claimed 71 lives.

I'm a bit rattled by all this, really.

Haha, Coffin Bay just got a mention in the cricket! Some cricket player, I didn't catch whom, apparently likes fishing there.

Holy fuck, sixty-five dead now.

This is unbelievably horrible.

Hey Ali, how's it going?
S'orright. Been trying to clean out my room... have moved various messes from one corner to another, and am gradually filling the rubbish and recycling bins.

A friend of mine in Australia just found out that her friend's brother died in the fires :(

Aw, shit. Sympathies to your friends. :(

And Queensland's practically underwater from floods, too. Thank you, irony.

On average, Australia should be doing OK!

... except all the fire's gone to one end of the country and all the water's gone to the other.

God this is depressing.

i'm fine thanks :cute: how are you?

i'm good thanks, ax.

i can't get over those fires.

Glad to hear you guys are well. Though you not got your luggage yet, Ian?

I'm pretty rattled by the fires, and I expected the death toll to rise but the way it's jumped this afternoon has been especially unpleasant. I mean, god, there's probably more to come and this may turn out to be the highest bushfire death toll in Victorian or Australian history. It's terrifying. I can't help feeling nauseous ... last night at 6pm, I was watching the news on the phone to Mum, and I remarked that all things considered, it seemed like yesterday's fires hadn't been that bad ... then I realised that of course, the cool change brought a shifting breeze and the shit was just hitting the fan. Can't believe how much shit has hit.

i think it's in memphis now, but given we kinda slept all day i didn't get a chance to call the lost shit department.

i was clever, and i have enough clothes to last the next few days.

Ah, right, hope it's turned up. I'm Mr Hyper-Paranoia when it comes to luggage.

Following the cricket? This doesn't look good for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom