Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:

OK....
Please Mr. Big....let the Pistons lose the next game... :bow:

:lol:

you should be saying "Please let the pistons win" :mad:

just change your state of mind to Detroit :wink:

just because the Lakers have all these star players doesn't mean they are going to win.

so we'll see what happens

Last edited:
Kobe had more turnovers than a Danish bakery; he got into the "I" and "me" mode too many freakin' times...you're right...he blows passes, he loses the balls, if I hear him yell "Hey..." one more time...I think I'll need a new TV screen...

Tonight, even BAW asked "who the hell is he yelling to???"

Lakers by the skin of their teeth....they've got a dogfight on their hands! :worrisomeocresident:

The series just ended. Much like the Fisher .04 second shot vs the Spurs, I think this defeat will deflate the Pissed-ons and they're cooked.

OK...let me try something here.

I have not seen ONE game that the Pistons have played during the playoffs, but, I know a lot of the scores have been low...and this is continuing (somewhat) in the Finals.

I see arguments from Headcase that are similar to the Griffdawg arguments from last year's NHL playoffs: "The games lack excitement due to the low scores."

Could it be the SAME reason for the low scores: stellar defense?

discuss.

While there is some good D being played, in the Pissed-ons/Pacemakers series in particular, there was a whole helluva lot of bad offense, people (and not just Ben "Brick" Wallace) throwing up airballs when they were wide open, lots of missed layups. Real breakdowns in fundamentals in passing and ball movement.

Some of the OC and LA area rags -

"Kobe pops the Clutch!"

"to foul or not to foul, that's the question"

"Three Dog Nights for Detroit"

"Walton Hits Booster Shot"

"Piston Fans in Hairy Situation"

"Prime-time Kobe"

"Piston's go from Crusher to Crushed"

"Wallace in a Foul Mood"

the only time there was good offense played last night was when the lakers had shaq, kobe, walton, fisher and rush on the floor... malone and payton are playing like crap... injury or no injury. overall there has been some piss poor offense. the pistons main problem, and i've been saying it all year... bitches... is that they don't have a legit #1 option on offense. the lakers, despite how poorly kobe has played (last shot and overtime aside), have 2 #1 options.as much as i dislike the fancy hollywood fakers (largely due to my dislike for bryant and payton... shaq, fisher and luke i actually like)... i'm afraid that, much like hewson has already said, the pissed-ons blew their one and only shot to actually win this series by not finishing off game 2 last night.

and to prove that i am indeed the black kiss of death... with 2 minutes left and the pissed-ons up by 6, i told my friend "the pistons are gonna win this game... which pisses me off 'cause they ain't that good." and we all know what happened after that.

My new favorite Doc Rivers quote of the series: In regards to Fisher, "He is such a clutch player."

Clutch? In the first quarter??? You make a jumper with 1:30 left in the first quarter and you're a clutch player?

Do they actually pay this guy?

I'm certain that in hell, the only sport you get on television is seventh grade girls basketball, and the commentators are Bill Walton and Doc Rivers. Just a theory, but I'm still pretty certain.

hate on doc all ya want, but no hating on my main man bill walton :wink:

the lakers are absolutely pathetic... this game is disgusting. i think greg anthony can take back his michael jordan quote about kobe now.

the lakers clearly have the best players, talent wise... but the best players don't win, the best team wins.

as a side note... i said the exact same thing about the lakers after game 2 of the spurs series... then they finally played like a semi cohesive unit and came back to win the series.

kobe bryant just got ran off a screen like a middle schooler by chauncey billups, and doc rivers gave him a compliment about his tenasity. i am so friggin sick of people kissing this guy's ass.

if rasheed wallace was accused of rape, everyone would think he was guilty, david stern would've suspended him, and not one announcer would ever compliment him. perception vs. reality.

i have two words and two words only for the lakers... ball reversal.

Last edited:
i wasn't a huge larry brown fan going into this series... i've become one. what he's doing to kobe is just absolutely brilliant. he knows that kobe will always think shot first, shot second, pass third. he knows that teyshawn prince is sooo damn long and has such a huge wing span that he can give kobe fits on defense. he also knows that the lakers will try to run kobe off a screen to get him free, so he's double teaming kobe on every single screen, and with their defensive rotation being so quick, they've essentialy taken kobe completely out of the game. brilliant coaching job by mr. brown.

bitches.

stammer476 said:
I'm certain that in hell, the only sport you get on television is seventh grade girls basketball, and the commentators are Bill Walton and Doc Rivers. Just a theory, but I'm still pretty certain.

Change Doc Rivers to Brent Mussberger, and I totally agree. Bill Walton needs to get a new phrase. Every time he says "throw down," I want to kill my television. :angry:

OC Register headlines...

"Motown Letdown"

"On'Neal Can't Find the Switch"

"Bryant's Royal Pain" re: Tayshaun Prince

"Battle for the Ball in Motown"

ESPN Radio Dan Patrick now predicting "Lakers in 7"...don't know what games he's watching....????

i believe he likes to do the biting... not that there's anything wrong with that.

and dan patrick is probably watching tapes of the lakers-spurs series when the fancy hollywood fakers were down by 2 games instead of the 1 game they're down in this series, yet still came back to win it, thanks to a humanly impossiable shot by derek fisher (i still won't admit that the basket shouldl've counted... never!)

he's also probably basing his opinion on the fact that the lakers have the best two players on the court, and if they ever decide to get their heads out of their asses and play like a team (which may or may not happen) then they shouldn't have a problem winning 3 out of the next 4 games. but i've been waiting for this team to self implode for about 5 years now... everytime i thought they were about to, they pull something out of their asses (last year doesn't count... they just weren't that good). so even though i want to call them dead again in this series, i just can't do it. not yet, at least. they lose tonight, then we can start getting the bullet proof floats out for the detroit victory parade. but the lakers win tonight, it's a whole 'nother ballgame. then the pressure would be back on detroit

Last edited:
I mean this in a humorous way..

but if the Lakers lose tonight, I'm calling Washington DC to see if they have a horse-pulled caison for 5 and make sure its draped in purple and gold!!!

and the Laker bench players can walk behind in the horse droppings....all the way home! :mad:

1st half over... kobe has been abso-friggin-lutely horrendous... even that three he did hit in the last minute was nothing more than a desperation chuck that just happened to finally go in...

but watch how fast al and doc start making jordan comparisons again in the 2nd half if kobe actually hits 2 or 3 of these shit-poor shots that he's taking... rediculous

woo hoo crazy rasheed is back! i've been waiting for him to get off the zoloft for months now. maybe he'll start playing like crazy sheed on offense again now

now why are the lakers losing? here's the last 8 laker shots... kobe, kobe, payton, medvedenko, medvedenko, medvedenko, kobe, shaq.

the diesel needs the rock.

on the plus side for LA... they've played like shit, detroit has played well, and the lakers lead by 2 with 2 minutes to go int he third, thanks to detroit's ongoing inability to score points when it counts... (bitches)

in an unrelated note... mike james went to amityville high school, who are the biggest rivals of my high school in basketball, thus i have a severe dislike for him. not that anyone cares, i just felt like adding that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom