Your Perfect Radiohead Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
So, I have been going through a Radiohead bender (all RH all the time….) for the past week and I want to see everyone put together their ultimate RH album.

Here are the rules:

1. No more than 15 songs
2. Don’t just say “[Insert name of album] is the perfect album.” It may be – but that is boring.
3. Don’t just list your favorite 15 songs. Try to create a complete album – giving thought to the theme and track listing. Make it perfect. Perhaps you love a song, but it just don’t fit. Leave that bitch off – get ruthless.
4. Give your album a name.
5. Give us some explanation on your rational behind your choices.

Prizes:
Over the next few days, I will listen to the albums that you put together and pick a winner. “Winner”, you say, “What will this person win.” Good question – besides mad props, I was thinking about sending the winner to a tropical island for a little vacation, but if I can’t afford that, I will email them a picture of my stomach.

Proceed and God speed.

Last edited:
I really like this idea. Good on ya, Dalton. I'll make mine later today.

Well now, you present us with an interesting challenge. It won't be easy because each record has such a distinctive sound that it will be challenging to choose ones that make a new cohesive record. :hmm:

this is going to be HARD. Catch you all in a bit. I'm going to go to my shed and think about this :wink:

Dalton said:
Make it perfect. Perhaps you love a song, but it just don’t fit. Leave that bitch off – get ruthless.

Haha, that's my favorite rule.

I can see myself getting way too serious about a project like this, but it might be cool to make (and burn) my own 'perfect' R.head album. Looking forward to people's responses, and I'll start thinking about my own. :up:

alright here goes...

------

anticipation on antibiotics

1. airbag
2. paranoid android (quite unoriginal already, isn't it? :wink: )
3. street spirit
4. cuttooth
5. how to disappear completely
6. backdrifts (especially if this were a live version aka london december '03)
7. i might be wrong
8. 2+2=5
9. the national anthem
10. idioteque
11. there there
12. fake plastic trees
13. like spinning plates
14. how i made my millions
15. fog

--------

alright folks, here's the logic behind that.

as every album should strive for, i tried to find some sort of flow to make all these songs work together.

some glaring ommissions such as 'everything in its right place' and '7ust'...and one of my absolute favourite songs 'my iron lung' didn't really fit into this mix.

haza!

Last edited:
All I can think to do is put "Climbing up the Walls" on there 15 times, but I'm guessing that's unacceptable. Back to the drawing board...

No idea how well it flows, I'm just making shit up:

1. "A Reminder"
2. "Kid A"
3. "Cuttooth"
4. "The National Anthem"
5. "Go To Sleep"
6. "Ripcord"
7. "I Might Be Wrong"
8. "Morning Bell"
9. "The Bends"
10. "How To Disappear Completely"

Last edited:
Ok, I've been working on it for awhile and I have completed it. A couple of background points before we begin:

1. I am a HUGE Eliot fan and have for (I think) obvious reasons, I have always associated Radiohead with his poem "The Wasteland". So that is where I take the title from. I also hear the poem being read over the songs on this album (pacing is off - but the mood is very consistent) (N-E-R-D-S :shifty:)

2. I'm gonna rock this bitch old school - put it on cassette tape, so this thing has two sides. I think it still flows pretty well, but side A and B baby.....

The Wasteland

Side A
1. The National Anthem
2. Electioneering
3. Just
4. Fake Plastic Trees
5. Karma Police
6. Paranoid Android
7. Myxamatosis
8. Street Spirit

Side B
9. The Bends
10. I Might Be Wrong (live)
11. Idioteque
12. Go to Sleep
13. Everything in its Right Place
14. How to Disappear Completely
15. Exit Music

Radiohead - Airbag
SIDE ONE
1. Airbag
2. 2+2=5
3. The National Anthem
4. Fake Plastic Trees
5. Idioteque
6. Paranoid Android
7. Lift (Live at PinkPop 1996)
SIDE TWO
1. Everything in It's Right Place
2. Meeting in the Aisle
3. Where I End and You Begin
4. How to Disappear Completely
5. Pyramid Song
6. Myxomatosis
7. Cuttooth
8. [Nice Dream]

i think mine would be 'let down' over and over and over again.

perhaps i need to think about this some more.

Dalton said:
Here are the rules:

1. No more than 15 songs
2. Don’t just say “[Insert name of album] is the perfect album.” It may be – but that is boring.
3. Don’t just list your favorite 15 songs. Try to create a complete album – giving thought to the theme and track listing. Make it perfect. Perhaps you love a song, but it just don’t fit. Leave that bitch off – get ruthless.
4. Give your album a name.
5. Give us some explanation on your rational behind your choices.

First of all, I'm a casual fan at best and don't have all the albums or put the kind of thought behind this that it deserves or that a serious fan would give it. So please, no quizes about my track selection or the deep thought I've given or why I chose this track over that one given my overall theme. I'm not knocking the band or you hard core fans, I just don't have the time or inclination, plus I'll be leaving town over the 4th and won't have get to reply to this thread anyway until the end of the week. All I can tell you about this is I thought of the title first and randomly chose songs that loosely fit the theme, don't have the newer albums, Amnesiac & HTTT, and didn't include my fave song (Just) because I didn't think it fit in or SHA cause it's just to freakin obvious. So here goes (good thread idea, btw)

Title:
Yes, your suspicions were correct. We are representatives of a master alien race sent here to infiltrate your society through it's popular culture and determine which of you pathetic earthings are worth beaming up to our planet before we destroy yours, that is, unless you can decipher the secret code found in our music. I think there was something else I'm forgetting here......oh yeah, BWHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!BWHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!!!BWHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!, HAAAHAAHAA!!!HAHA, hee,hee, tee he, he he.......hoo boy.

Tracks:
1. Planet Telex
2. Creep
3. Anyone Can Play the Guitar
4. The Tourist
5. Paranoid Android
6. Electioneering
7. Optimistic
8. Karma Police
9. High & Dry
10. Morning Bell

Last edited:
OK, Kid Amnesiac's got the Bends

1) You never wash up after yourself
2) Paranoid Android
3) Just
4) How to disappear completely
5) Planet Telex
6) Creep
7) You and whose army?
8) Karma Police
9) Black Star
10) Fake Plastic Trees
11) You
12) Airbag
13) I might be wrong
14) street spirit (fade out)

OK
1- Airbag
2- Where I end and you begin
3- How to disappear completly
4- In Limbo
5-Let Down
6-No Surprises
7-Kid A
8-Idioteque
9-Black Star
10-Subterranean Homesick Alien
11-I Might Be Wrong
12- Knives Out
13- Everything in it's right place
14-Nice Dream
15-Tourist, The

The logic behind it, is that I like how it flows, and I like all the songs, and I wouldnt skip a song if I had this album, never.

Last edited:
let it be known that there is a grand total of TWO discs containing the Radiohead composition 'Creep'. Next time you meet someone who says "Radiohead? Aaah, I'm a creep! Haw haw!" I implore you to chuck wine in his face, [because you're at a snobby wine party and I say 'his' because women SING that line] tip over tables and start a full scale riot, leading to the deaths of several elephants and two brandy related explosions.

yes.

Im also going to add to my cd, a bonus track-
# 16- Street Spirit Music Video(the best radiohead music video)

best radiohead video or best video period? it's great, i agree.

anyway, when is it time for you to present me with the prize?

Zoomerang96 said:
good thread idea, you could do this for a few bands. :up:

I agree, you could do it for Oasis, David Bowie, and U2 :wink: those would rule IMO

but no Coldplay... :mad: :madspit: :censored: :angry: :sick: :down: :banghead: :yell:

This is fun.

1) The National Anthem
2) Scatterbrain
3) Optimistic
4) Karma Police
5) Let Down
6) You and who's Army?
7) Where I end and You Begin
8) Lucky
9) Gagging Order
10) Street Spirit

And OH YEAH BABY!, I got a hard on for this one...

11) Bonus Track: True Love Waits (top secret studio recorded version)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was tough. Karma Police and Let Down shall NEVER be separated, Best one-two punch EVAR!!

So many choices I had to leave off (Sub. Homesick Alien, There There, Fake Plastic Trees, Everything in it's right place, 2+2=5, Pyramid Song)

Must "Go to Sleep" now :huh:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I agree, you could do it for Oasis, David Bowie, and U2 :wink: those would rule IMO

but no Coldplay... :mad: :madspit: :censored: :angry: :sick: :down: :banghead: :yell:

Coldplay ones are good...we've just had a thread with this down at coldplaying

Back
Top Bottom