Your Idol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ryan Adams :love: He has really inspired my writing. He tends to have a bad reputation as far as his personality goes, but I'll never forget the awesome things he did for me. He is a sweetheart...and so damn talented.

:heart: Ryan :heart:

Ditto for Joe, but some other idols would be George Harrison and Kathleen Hanna.

I guess I would say my Idol is Pete Townshend. Cause thats the only person I can thing of that I really admire for his talent. His song writing his guitar playing, how he is on stage! Its all great in my mind!

Does Bono count? Even though, it is pretty obivious! My iodol is also my parents!

Not because Bono is cute. Don't Be fooled by my username! But because his personality, his love for music, and faith in God! Plus lots of more reasons!

Last edited:
peter buck

i don't know what it is about him, but as of late i have fallen in love with his arpeggiated style. he cracks me up when he's doing his moves, he is a great song writer, a funny guy, and most importantly, he's as grounded now as when he joined the band.

and i met him already...he's so very cool. now my only goal is to one time in my life touch his rickenbacker (if not play it...but i won't kid myself that far...heh)

Last edited:
Musically speaking if Bono, Stipe, Ryan Adams, Vedder, Grant Lee Phillips, Tim Booth, Sinead O Connor, and Tori Amos all donated DNA that person would be my idol.

Cute Irish Bono said:
Does Bono count? Even though, it is pretty obivious! My iodol is also my parents!

YEP! I would say Edge, but I think I like him more for his looks:(, I mean I love his talent too, but I like Pete's more!

Bono and Michael Franti- musically

and in everday life I admire people (not idolise) who are environmentally conscious and needful and tolerant of all species on earth..................yes, call me a tree-hugging, lefty!!!!:wink:

Bono
The Edge
Bruce Springsteen
Mick Jagger
Keit Richards
James Hetfield
Toni Iommi
Bob Dylan

:bow:

There are more but those are the ones I really, really admire for their amazing talents. They're basically perfect songwriters! I'm a big fan of my parents too. I'm getting more and more into the Fi?dor Dostoi?veski club too. :)

Music Idols:
Bono
Kurt Cobain
Jim Morrison

literature
Tolkien

Art - design
Mucha
Alan Lee
Richard Avedon
Paul Klee
Alexander Calder

I love:

~ U2 (well, that's obvious, hehe) ;)

~ The Wallflowers - I can't wait to meet them, they are talented, awesome and really good guys! :yes:

~ Pete Yorn - one of the coolest singers I've ever seen

~ Johnny Depp - my fav actor :cute:

~ Jude Law - he's another great actor.

Steven Kilbey -- Musician, Singer, Writer, Artist. Because he is a beautiful, beautiful man, in every way which matters. Incredibly intelligent, brilliant writer (of songs and much more), delightfully, wickedly funny, but with an underlying gentleness, a kindness, that is completely, disarmingly real.

Is he perfect? Of course not, perfect would be incredibly dull. No, he's lived the life of a brilliant artistic man, filled with both incredible highs, and lows which scrape the very bottom. But he is still here, still creating, and perhaps more happy than ever with his life. And, that, to me, makes Steven Kilbey my idol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom