Your First Rock Album/s?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bildo

The Fly
My first one was Red Rocks, I discovered the tape in an old case under my parents bed. Also around that time I obtained Stone Temple Pilots' "Purple", The Offspring's album with the skeleton on the front, and Green Day Dookie. My first U2 obsession was short in coming.

I kinda adopted my parents records. They had a turntable back then and I used to flick through until something sounded familiar lol. Then I got my own interests and I believe my first ever was Dire Straits Alchemy, but it wasn't a new release.

:silent: My very first record (tape) was Michael Jackson's "Thriller", but seeing as though that's not really rock... we must fast foward a bit... :hmm: First rock eh?

It was either Aerosmith's "Greatest Hits"
230753.JPG

or Whitesnake's "Slide It In"
22295.JPG

:reject:

My first album ever was "Like a Virgin" by Madonna. But my first rock album was soon to follow:

Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi!

:reject:

To my own credit, though, my uncle lived with us when I was in kindergarten and I would always listen to his Blondie 8-tracks, and later, his U2 War tape.

Last edited:
First one I bought with my own money was The Eagles' Hotel California, and I'm dating myself by saying that yes, it was current at the time. <g>

Creedence Clearwater Revival... inherited the dilapidated vinyl when I was little... it still often shows up in the player though...

I know I had stuff before this but I think I will say my first ever rock album was Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue when I was 10 or 11. I saw Wild Side on MTV and then I begged my mom to take me to Target to get the tape!

My Dad has this CD he would always play. This band kept singing "IN THE NAME OF LOVE.........WHAT MORE IN THE NAME OF LOVE". It was Rattle and Hum. So one day, I put it in and listened to it by myself. This is kinda bad, but the first U2 song that I remember liking was "Helter Skelter." I later found out it was a Beatles song. I was like 13 or something.....gimme a break! But I soon fell in love with most of that album. Still don't give Freedom for my people a listen.......

RATTLE AND HUM WAS MY FIRST ROCK ALBUM!

First album I bought, was Bob Marley Legend! I used :heart: that album as a kid! Still do! :D

But first true rock album... um... U2.. JT! I was just a kid.

HeadsOnSticks said:
Duran Duran: Seven & The Ragged Tiger.
:up:

my first rock album? geez i honestly can't even remember my first album. but since i can't remember i'll have to take a guess. it would either be "never mind the bollocks" by the sex pistols, or perhaps "message in a box" by the police.

My parents bought me a cassette tape of the Beach Boy's "Greatest Hits".

I probably listened to it about 3000 times. I still have it in a drawer at home somewhere. I should probably buy some cd's by the Beach Boys in memory of them gettng me excessively into music.

Pop Artist said:
First one I bought with my own money was The Eagles' Hotel California, and I'm dating myself by saying that yes, it was current at the time. <g>
Scary, that was the first album I bought with my own money as well, also when it was current <insert Twilight Zone music here>.

hmmm....Weezer, Blue album is probably my earliest exposure to some good rock music
okay...well....60's "geek pop"...but it did/ and still does rock my world

"In the garage, I feel safe.
No one worries about my ways"

bear...Naveed is a good first album too. Too bad they slid down the shit tubes

I was in the fifth grade and i really like Queen. (im sixteen right now do the math im lazy :drool: ) everybody made fun of me cuz i loved them. I bought their tape for greatest hits. soon after i bought my very first CD "Queen: Live Killers". Then i proceed to buy 16 more of Queen CD's. Yes i was a weird sixthgrader. I'm not a quiet person though so dont think its a creepy kind of weird. :wave:

Pet Sounds is excellent

u2popmofo said:
My parents bought me a cassette tape of the Beach Boy's "Greatest Hits".

I probably listened to it about 3000 times. I still have it in a drawer at home somewhere. I should probably buy some cd's by the Beach Boys in memory of them gettng me excessively into music.

My parents had a Beach Boys album on vinyl. There are audiotapes of me at the age of 3 belting out "Help Me Rhonda" at the top of my lungs. It was my one of my favorite songs ever. (When I was really little - like 3 and 4 - the other songs I would sing constantly were "Ebony and Ivory," "Video Killed the Radio Star," the theme song from Love Sidney, and "Mr. Roboto." :eyebrow: ) My sisters are 9 and 11 years older than me, so I was always listening to their stuff too.

But the first cassette I bought of my own volition, with my own money ... was New Kids on the Block. :silent:

Angel in the Centerfold - Freeze Frame - piss on the wall

My parents albums aside (dad listened to some good music), and some not-so-rock music, my first "rock album" was purchased at K-mart, and it was on tape:

:eeklaugh: :eek: :reject: :uhoh: :yikes:
J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame

Back
Top Bottom