Your Favourite Instrumental Regardless Of Genre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Fairly self explanatory title:

To start off the proceedings I would have to say that my favourite instrumental ever is:

Stevie Ray Vaughan; Little Wing

Last edited:
pluxus - psykopotat
nine inch nails - the frail
eric johnson - the cliffs of dover

Joe Satriani - Flying In a Blue Dream

Joe Satriani's my 2nd favorite band/artist, right behind U2.

IrishDawg said:

I can play Summer Song on my guitar :wink:

Great tune; I actually love the video as well.

I can play Satch Boogie. :wink:

No I can't.:sad:

I try.:wink:

Last edited:
lol that one looks hard from the live DVD I have. I can't wait, I'm goin to see him play at the House of Blues Orlando April 21, it'll be my first concert.

King Crimson - Lark's Tongue in Aspic Pt. 1.

Good LORD I love that song sooo soo much. The end when the biiig bubbly bass comes in I get a tear in my eye every time :drool:

You prog fans NEED to buy the album Lark's Tongue in Aspic. It's easily in the top 5 prog albums ever IMO.

Oh god, I didn't even think of classical music! The list suddenly becomes so much longer. :drool:

Shostakovich - Symphony No. 5 in D Minor, Op. 47: IV. Allegro non troppo

Shostakovich - Symphony for Strings, Op. 118a: III. Adagio

Shostakovich - Chamber Symphony for Strings, Op. 110a: V. Largo

Chopin - Etude in C minor op. 10, No. 12

Beethoven - Piano Sonata in E flat major, op. 23 (Pathethique) - 3rd mvt.

Mozart - Piano Sonata No. 11 in A major, K. 331 - Rondo alla Turca

Stravinsky - The Firebird

Stravinsky - The Rite Of Spring

I'll stop. :reject:

inmyplace13 said:
I guess anything from Explosions In The Sky?

absolutely

or anything by: Godspeed You! Black Emperor and 65daysofstatic

mi favorite song of all-time is: "Sleep" (by GY!BE)

"Jerusalem" by Sleep (the band, not the song) too, 70 minutes of pure and heavy drone metal

GibsonGirl said:
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

Hey... that's not an instrumental! You forgot Mason's 'Quiet in the studio!' or something like that. :wink:

Seriously, outside of that line it's one hell of a classical/jazz/prog rock/avant garde instrumental piece! :drool:

Also... Joe Satriani's Always With Me, Always With You. :love:

And Def Leppard's criminally underrated Satriani inspired instrumental Disintegrate from their '99 album Euphoria! :rockon:

Zootlesque said:

Hey... that's not an instrumental! You forgot Mason's 'Quiet in the studio!' or something like that. :wink:

Seriously, outside of that line it's one hell of a classical/jazz/prog rock/avant garde instrumental piece! :drool:

Pfft, spoken word doesn't equate to vocals. :wink: Another one I love is A Saucerful Of Secrets. The end is beautiful, especially the live versions with David's "ohh"s. Can't forget Interstellar Overdrive either. The part (on the stereo version of the album) that rapidly pans between the left and right channels makes my head explode when I'm listening on headphones. :drool:

GibsonGirl said:

Can't forget Interstellar Overdrive either. The part (on the stereo version of the album) that rapidly pans between the left and right channels makes my head explode when I'm listening on headphones. :drool:

yes yes yes!!! :combust:

aSoS... :drool:

pre DSOTM Floyd :combust:

Maurice Ravel - 'Bolero' is brilliant, especially with a good helping of Torvill and Dean, but I want to categorically state my favourite instrumental ever is 'Miles Runs The Voodoo Down' by Miles Davis from 'Bitches Brew'. It's just plain badass.

Instrumental music is something I need to check out more....but a personal favourite is U Boat of Kasabian's album...it rocks:drool:

Bugger..I can't change it now...I meant Ovary Stripe not U Boat as it most definitely has vocals...

Rush - YYZ
Rush - 2112 Overture

Mark Knopfler - Going Home (the Local Hero/Wild Theme)

Iron Maiden - Genghis Khan

There's also some classical (or, perhaps more properly 'baroque') music that I have on my computer that I ripped from a burned cd... but the CDDB evidently doesn't have the original cds listed, and so I'm not sure what the pieces I liked were... so, I'll have to get back on that once I do some research.

This is a great question! Technically, my all-time favorite piece of music, Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, is an instrumental. I also love Copland's Appalacian Spring.

But I think you're asking more contemporary instrumentals--in which case, I would say a song from the 60's, "Java" by Al Hirt. It makes me smile.

baba o reily (off of pete townshend's lifehouse chronicles)

10 minutes of brilliance:drool:

if that doesn't count then: sparks-the who

Back
Top Bottom