Your Favourite Beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beer with nutritional value :drool: it is like dinner and breakfast and lunch :up:

I learned how to make the shamrock. It was a big moment for me :nerd:

Dorian Gray said:

bottle_keiths.jpg
:yes:

and of course:
Stella.jpg

:drool::drunk:

Stella
Corona
Guinness

and, topping all those in a class on a totally different stratosphere:

Alexander Keith's, there really is no better imo.

I think Heineken is bitter and overrated, and damn I've had alot of it. Plus it gives me a nasty headache.

Depends on a few things... for example, I like Kingfishers when eating curry, but I don't think they hold up too well on their own.

I guess my very favourite is probably Carlsberg. I have been enjoying a share of Heineken and Grolsch lately, though. Guinness too.

LJT said:

Yeecch!

It changes all the time, but lately I've been buying mostly Guinness Stout.

(If I'm out to dinner though I always order one of my favorites from the dinners' country of origin... for example had a Tsingtao the other night at a Chinese restaurant)

Dalton said:
Stella's a great beer, but its really f-ing expensive.

You can't drink that leisurely. Hell they have to serve it to you in a gold rim glass so you feel like you're getting your money's worth.

What??

What does a pint cost roughly in the states?

£2.40 for a pint of Stella is probably one of the cheapest pints here. Some of my local haunts try to con you though...on Saturdays they do £1.50 bottles of Stella...getting a pint you get more plus it's cheaper than buying two bottles.

For cider you can not go wrong with Magners...

3369.jpg

Then there is Baileys...

Baileys.jpg

Baileys and hot chocolate:drool: But Baileys in general is great.

Harvey's Bristol Cream is also quite excellent...

5e6f602b44262d8ce7338eb4f0431d8c.jpg

As for Whiskey:

mp-spirits-bushmills.jpg

I'm getting decidedly thirsty:wink:

It's the same here in Australia, for a pint of Stellas. Something of 6-7 dollars or so, and in an all purdy glass. Meh, not really worth it.

LJT, just curious, what is it you like about Brahmas? I think the only time I liked one of them was when I was too drunk to figure out how it tasted... and I find my friends seem to think the same way. Do you like washing your mouth with soap, or something? ;)

I generally only drink it in the summer...it certainly doesn't taste like soap to me...I just find it quite a refreshing summer beer...it is Brazilian after all:dancing:

Though i'm a bigger cider drinker in the summer than anything else.

If you do want to talk about piss water though, go for Tennants...they sell the bottles for a pound each...It tastes worse as you get nearer the bottom, but its soo cheap it kinda makes it worth it:wink:

I'm surprised Stella is considered quite expensive...it is expensive at the actual Stella Bar here in the town centre, you must be paying over the top for the fancy glass...everywhere else i've been, it has been one of the cheapest pints to get.

LJT said:

If you do want to talk about piss water though, go for Tennants...they sell the bottles for a pound each...It tastes worse as you get nearer the bottom, but its soo cheap it kinda makes it worth it:wink:

I was in Scotland last month and I drank Tennants quite a bit. I rather like it actually. It's hard to find in the states.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

My new favorite :drool:

Yeah? It's good? I keep hearing it;s good. I wouldn't know. No one's ever brought me a bottle. :grumpy:

UberBeaver said:

I was in Scotland last month and I drank Tennants quite a bit. I rather like it actually. It's hard to find in the states.

Yeah? It's good? I keep hearing it;s good. I wouldn't know. No one's ever brought me a bottle. :grumpy:

And she won't buy you a beer, either. Pfft, Canadians. :tsk:

I got my Canadian wine and some shots this weekend, but keep forgetting to get a case of Keith's.

Piss off - I brought him Keiths once....

but then I drank it :reject:

and you missy - you 've had open season on my Keiths. Did you remembner to grab a bottle of Baileys on your way out the door? :eyebrow:

Just to clear up the whole Stella thing...
In Canada, not sure about the US, Stella is considered a premium beer, it is very popular in the summer in particular. It is more pricey than other imports in some bars, but is nice and refreshing.

Last summer my cousin from Ireland was over and as we were walking around TO we were desperate for a drink so we headed towards some patios. I saw a sign for Stella and announced I was going to murder a large pint of it. At this point my cousin nearly fell over laughing and mocking me for having shite taste in beer and who the hell drinks "wifebeater" let alone puts out a sign for it. When I finally got him to shut up, his GF explained that at home and the UK it is like a trailer trash beer, you drink it if you're broke and are considered to have no taste.

So, clearly a big difference in how it is percieved on both sides of the ocean. I like my perception but I prefer their pricing :(

And to bring up an old topic, Keiths is fabulous, but I like it so much more in draft than bottle form. :drool:
http://forum.interference.com/t165929.html

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:
Piss off - I brought him Keiths once....

but then I drank it :reject:

and you missy - you 've had open season on my Keiths. Did you remembner to grab a bottle of Baileys on your way out the door? :eyebrow:

Just to clear up the whole Stella thing...
In Canada, not sure about the US, Stella is considered a premium beer, it is very popular in the summer in particular. It is more pricey than other imports in some bars, but is nice and refreshing.

Last summer my cousin from Ireland was over and as we were walking around TO we were desperate for a drink so we headed towards some patios. I saw a sign for Stella and announced I was going to murder a large pint of it. At this point my cousin nearly fell over laughing and mocking me for having shite taste in beer and who the hell drinks "wifebeater" let alone puts out a sign for it. When I finally got him to shut up, his GF explained that at home and the UK it is like a trailer trash beer, you drink it if you're broke and are considered to have no taste.

So, clearly a big difference in how it is percieved on both sides of the ocean. I like my perception but I prefer their pricing :(

And to bring up an old topic, Keiths is fabulous, but I like it so much more in draft than bottle form. :drool:
http://forum.interference.com/t165929.html

And for that I thank you :drool: :kiss:

Damn it, I forgot the small bottle I cracked open. Me= phail. :reject:

As for the drinking the Keith's you bought Beav :giggle:

So, Stella is to the UK as PBR is to the US?

maro_chik said:
The only beer I can stomach:

maudite.jpg

:up: I love that stuff. Every Unibroue beer I've tried has been delicious. I've got pretty snobby beer tastes. Loooove Belgian beers or anything in that style - Doubles, Triples, etc. The absolute best beer I've ever tasted is Gouden Carolus Noel.

18375.jpg

My favorite more common beers are New Belgium's Fat Tire or Deschutes Mirror Pond.

Back
Top Bottom