Your Favorite Live Band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
The June issue of Q features Oasis on the cover and talks all about summer tours. U2's PopMart lemon made the magazine's list of the most insane stage props and the band bringing Salman Rushdie on stage while he was in hiding was No. 36 on the list of most bizzare tour happenings.

To tie in with all that, this issue the Q staff was asked to name their favorite live band. So who's yours?

For me, it has to be U2. I've been electrified and thrilled and inspired by every U2 show I've seen and believe that feeling would last through however many shows I'm lucky enough to attend in the future. That band is always worth it.

Even though she's not a band, Madonna is my other favorite live act. Her show always blows me away, is fun and shocking and, again, totally inspiring.

U2 is a given. Besides them...The Rolling Stones put on an amazing show. I also adore Ryan Adams shows, but I'm one of the people who finds his ramblings to be charming and entertaining.

Besides U2 at #1, I also really enjoyed: The Wrens, Radiohead, Juliana Hatfield, Arcade Fire, Archers of Loaf, Buffalo Tom.

Still want to see Okkervil River and a Smiths reunion (which looks like it will never happen).

I don't think I've ever been to a bad concert (lucky me :) )

But after U2 (who changed the way I even attend concerts anymore), my favorites for live shows are:

Snow Patrol
Oasis
Kasabian
Coldplay (don't slam me, they put on a great live show!)

Obviously U2 are #1, but coming a very close second are canadian band The Tea Party - they are AWESOME live - I've seen them 5 times, and everytime was better than the time before!!
Live, Midnight Oil and (original) INXS are pretty damn good too!

After September, I'll probably say the Flaming Lips. Right now, though, the only bands I've seen multiple times are Eisley and Coldplay at four a piece. Despite that, I still think Sigur Ros was the best live show I've ever seen (yes, better than U2).

after seeing radiohead twice, they have to be on the list

I'd heard live bootlegs of them, and didn't think it was too special, but seeing them do it all in person was incredible

U2 - The All Round Show
Green Day - The Energy, The All round show
Matchbox Twenty - yes they are quite good too
I havent seen Robbie Williams, but from his DVD's and Live8 He puts on a good show

Though I still wish to see the Stones, Springsteen and Robbie at somepoint in the future.

Back
Top Bottom