Your Favorite Classic Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss becky

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Mine is Casablanca. I never miss this when it's on TV. I love everything about this movie. Rick's bitter cynicism, and his later selfless courage. Louie's humor and his attitude toward the world. I love the doomed romance, although I will always think Ilsa was an utter idiot for getting on that plane.

So what classic movie is your favorite?

The 1930's (I think) version of King Kong. I still get chills as Kong approaches the giant fortification the villagers put up. Spielberg borrowed alot from this movie when he made Jurassic Park.

I have so many favorites, I would never be able to pick just one. Anything with Marilyn Monroe would be in my top 5 :up:

The Seven Year Itch
Some Like It Hot
Niagara
Don't Bother to Knock

They aren't "great" movies as some classics are but anything with MM in it is worth watching IMO.

I love Casablanca too! Also:

Any Marilyn film (Esp Some like it hot - hilarious!!!! :lmao: )

Brief Encounter

The birds

Psycho

Zulu (Michael Caine is just sublime!)

The Sound of music (Spectacular scenery&music!)

A matter of life or death

All of the older Disney films plus The lion king!!

Brief Encounter

I adore that movie :heart:

I've always wanted to see "An affair to remember"

I'd echo "Casablanca" or "Gone with the Wind" but... "A Lion in Winter" ranks pretty high on my list... :hmm:

I also like "Harvey" and "It Happened One Night." At least I think it's the title--Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable?

And the second half of Cleopatra, where Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton get together--that's some good chemistry! :combust:

Last edited:
Gone With the Wind is another one of my favorites. And I agree with the person who said Lion in Winter. :up: Also, I don't know if this counts as a classic, but I've always been fond of The Quiet Man.

I have to agree with a lot of the sentiments already expressed.

Citizen Kane
Touch of Evil
Rebecca

Melon

Its a wonderful life

I dont know if you can call it classic, but in my opinion, the best horror flick ever

1962's Last man on earth
starring Vincent Price

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom