Your favorite childhood bands/artists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I listened to some pretty bad music when I was about 10, 11, 12:

-Hanson
-Backstreet Boys
-Nsync
-Spice Girls

And then there was the good stuff:

-Alanis Morrissette
-No Doubt
-U2
-Madonna

DiGi said:

wait till you see the picture I am going to post in the picture thread...

I can't believe I am going to admit to this but I talked my mom into making me a glitter glove when I was in 1st grade. I thought MJ was the man. dead serious. How embarrassing.

I had a Michael Jackson doll :reject: I think it was a birthday present when I was seven or eight - the red "Thriller" jacket with the zippers, the glove . . . :reject:

I like the fact that the Monkees were childhood favorites of several people - when I was five or six, my sister and I used to watch Monkees reruns :lol:

cass, my sister also had a crush on Davey Jones - I liked Mickey :)

I really didn't start buying music for myself until high school. Queen was a big favorite (this was right after Wayne's World and Bohemian Rhapsody was a hit again :wink: )

Last edited:
AvsGirl41 said:
I liked Ace of Base... :reject:

I liked a couple of their big hits. :).

Originally posted by kellyahern
when I was five or six, my sister and I used to watch Monkees reruns :laugh:

:yes:...my mom and I did that when they aired them on Saturday mornings. And at the Cash-Wise in my old town, they had a video store that had a couple of tapes of Monkees episodes, and anytime my family would go to rent movies from there, we'd always rent those. Now my mom has this box set of all their episodes she ordered from the Rhino catalog a long time back, and I watch those with her every so often. :).

Originally posted by kellyahern
cass, my sister also had a crush on Davey Jones - I liked Mickey :)

My mom liked Davey when she was a teenager. Now she likes Mickey.

I think when I was little, I was a Davey girl, too.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
-The Bangles. Loved "Walk Like An Egyptian", thought the video was funny. And I still like these guys as well.

:crazy:
:laugh:
:tongue:

And no, this is not about their music. :D

:heart: Susanna Hoffs

When I was a kid I liked ELO and I still like them. I also liked some lame stuff like Undercover Angel, Boogie Nights, Heaven on the 7th Floor, Grease soundtrack, but I am proud to say even as a kid I never liked disco! :yes:

Around the age of 5:
Blondie
Michael Jackson
Hall and Oates
Kiss
Cyndi Lauper

Around fourth grade when I started buying albums for myself:
Madonna
Bon Jovi
Beastie Boys
Miami Sound Machine

Of all these artists, I'd say that the Beasties and Blondie are the only ones I still listen to, although I respect Cyndi Lauper and have love for Michael's Jackson's older music. It wasn't until junior high and high school that I started liking music where I still listen to most of it, like Tori Amos, U2, Morrissey, Concrete Blonde, Oasis, James, etc., etc., etc.

Edit: Actually, I remember listening to the War album when I was in the third grade. I didn't start buying U2 albums for myself until junior high/high school.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom