Your favorite Beatles song and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
There's too many for me to decide...so I thought I'd ask everyone else.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Dear Prudence , Happiness is a Warm Gun , I'm So tired , Come Together , Helter Skelter , + many more i just can't decide which of them is my number 1

Oh it's SO TOUGH to choose just one-I'd have to say 'Yesterday'.

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Tomorrow Never Knows - I've read about how that song was constructed, little by little and piece by piece by piece, and it still blows me away that they were able to produce a song that had drum loops and somewhat synthesized effects (the 'seagull' sounds are guitar loops played forward, backward, slowed down, then sped back up again.) That song (and the Beatles for that matter) were ahead of their time. My one gripe about Tomorrow Never Knows is that it's too short a song.
wink.gif

Dear Prudence or In My Life by John, We Can Work It Out by Paul, Here Comes The Sun by George and....maybe...Don't Pass Me By by Ringo.

Tough question...I've been a huge Beatles fan
since 11.I'd name "Yesterday" and all songs
written by my favourite Beatle George
frown.gif

choose one? you must be kidding! here's some of my favorites:

penny lane
yesterday
day tripper
let it be
the long and winding road
eleanor rigby
lady madonna
wink.gif

while my guitar gently weeps
frown.gif

back in the u.s.s.r. (i did tap solo to this!)
norwegian wood
come together

...okay, i'll stop now!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

Eleanor Rigby, Something, Let it Be, Hapiness is a Warm Gun, In My Life...they are all so great...

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

I'm no Beatles expert but I really, really love A Day in the Life. I think that might be my favourite.

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

I would have to say "with a little help from my friends" and maybe "a day in the life" as well. Gah, why George, why??? I cry.

Blah, this is hard. Here are some:

*Hey Jude
*You Never Give Me Your Money
*A Day in the Life
*Lovely Rita
*Long, Long, Long
*Rocky Racoon
*Here Comes the Sun
*Yellow Submarine
*Love to You

Cold meds are messing with me...I know I've left out a lot, lol.

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

"All things must pass
All things must pass away"

Peace George

I cant name just one- there is simply too many, so here is my ten most faves.....

Being for the benefit of Mr Kite
Youv'e got to hide your love away
A day in the life
I am the Walrus
Birthday
Happiness is a warm gun
Get back
Penny lane
Bungalow Bill
Ticket to ride

..........................................................................................

and in memory of George- I have always loved his solo stuff, remember that great tribute song he did about John Lennon, I think it was called 'All those years ago' and the excellent film clip that went to 'I've got my mind set on you'- Peace to you George, and I fully agree with a quote that I read in a Sunday paper by Keith Richards that went something like- 'I hope he is up there jamming away with John Lennon'
smile.gif

I am the walrus, Strawberry fields forever and A day in the life are absolutely classic. There are at least 20 songs I could mention here. Each one my favourite one...I'm not sure...

------------------
Friday night running to Sunday on my knees.

The second side of Abbey Road...I know it's not /A/ song, but it plays like one...It's absolutely brilliantly beautiful!

And I guess here would be the best place to share my happy news! I'm the newest member of an Beatles cover band! I'm the random instrument girl! So far, I've got flute parts in Fool on the Hill and Penny Lane, as well as backup vocal to a bunch more! WooHoo!

------------------
*It's just a moment
This time will pass*

Back
Top Bottom