Your fave "I found this band"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vinternoll_2 said:
meegannie: oh, you've "found" (the swedish? i don't know if there's more bands with the same name..?) Kent as well? is it "Isola" and "Hagnesta Hill", or..? =)

Isola (English version) was the first album I heard, but Verkligen is my favourite. I tend to like their Swedish albums better than either of their English language ones. I listen to a lot of Swedish music for some reason, though. :shrug:

inmyplace13 said:
Coldplay

but that was a long, long time ago

hahaha... yes. I found coldplay a long time ago, too. I miss those days. :sad:

[... when I'd wear my Coldplay shirt and people would be confused and not know what a Coldplay is [?]. Good times...]

Dredg, if you don't know this band, go download some songs, they are amazing, They released 3 albums, their new single is "Bug Eyes" and is great, their new album "catch without arms" is very catchy, their other 2 albums need more listens to make sense, they are conceptual albuns.

You all should take a listen. :)

The best tracks are:

Symbol Song
Same ol' Road
Sanzen
Ode to the Sun
Bug Eyes
Zebra skin
Matroshka (a lot of U2 influence on this one)
Hungover on a Tuesday (the best)

Tegan and Sara - very awesome Canadian band, getting bigger.

I found them about 5 years ago when they were relatively unknown. It's fun to say you've been a fan of a band since before they became popular.

Even though I became a fan of U2 after they'd been around for a while, I've introduced several people to their music who have now become fans.

ThoraSEB said:
Tegan and Sara - very awesome Canadian band, getting bigger.

I found them about 5 years ago when they were relatively unknown. It's fun to say you've been a fan of a band since before they became popular.

Even though I became a fan of U2 after they'd been around for a while, I've introduced several people to their music who have now become fans.

Yes! I had to change my list of top 3 albums of 2004 when I discovered their "So Jealous" album. It's #2, behind HTDAAB. #3 is Rachael Yamagata (another great discovery). It knocked the Killers debut down to #4...

Oasis

and I've only been able to convert one person to being a fan :D which is good enough for me lol but I listen to them all the time!

And then I guess the Bee Gees is one but so far no one will like them... besides my mother of course lol! she's fricken obsessed :ohmy:

My sister and I saw Kenna open for Dave Gahan a few years back. After his set, he went out to the lobby and signed copies of his CD. We each bought one.

You may have heard of Kenna, his video for "Freetime" was nominated for the MTV2 award at the VMAs a couple of years back.

He's amazing...the album is called "New Sacred Cow" and it's ALL good.

Livi

Back
Top Bottom