Your all-time favorite acoustic song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you mean acoustic versions of songs that weren't normally acousitc?

cos if you do, i've got two:

"they stood up for love" by live (on the cd single for the radio version of that song)

and acoustic SIAM

"fake plastic trees" because the bulk of it is acoustic guitar.

and it's one of the greatest songs ever written.

"Behind Blue Eyes"... Pete Townshend with or without The Who. Favorite U2 acoustic... Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

ya fake plastic trees or how to disappear completely or true love waits or, or, or...

Acoustic Staring at the Sun, True Love Waits, or acoustic Ground Beneath her Feet.

Hello,

Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue and then specifically the version on The Bootleg Series Volume 1-3. It's sad, it's great, it's very moving. You can even hear the buttons of his denim jacket hitting the guitar.

In Rotterdam last October Bruce Springsteen played an acoustic The River (solo). IMO, The River is the saddest song ever, sad but beautiful. So in it's acoustic version this also counts.

C ya!

Marty

God, I'm rubbish at pickin what's acoustic and what's not. Here's a few I liked, but not sure if they're all acoustic...

James Dean Bradfield - Little Baby Nothing
Gemma Hayes - Night On My Side
Oasis - Married With Children
REM - Country Feedback
Richard Ashcroft - On Your Own
Richard Ashcroft - Bittersweet Symphony (it's excellent acoustic)
The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
Ryan Adams - When The Stars Go Blue
The Clash - Spanish Bombs
The Jam - That's Entertainment!
The Smiths - Panic
U2 - Staring at the Sun

I haev a feeling this is all wrong.

Anything acoustic by Bruce is great-definitely The River, also For You, and Thunder Road-the version he did at the Zakim Bridge last year was incredible. The Bruce MTV "plugged" CD has some great ones.

Another all time favorite of mine is All Apologies-Nirvana, from the Unplugged CD

I went to see The Cult and they did an acoustic version of "Edie." That was pretty cool.

Queensryche's "Silent Lucidity"

Kansas's "Dust In The Wind"

U2's "In God's Country" 11-25-2001

All Apologies, Where Did You Sleep Last Night, Dumb ~ Nirvana
Please Let Me Get What I Want ~ The Smiths
Drive ~ REM
Talk Tonight, Half The World Away, Sad Song, Live Forever ~ Oasis
On Your Own, So Sister ~ The Verve
Bullet Proof, How To Disappear Completely ~ Radiohead
Stay ~ U2
Fast Car ~ Tracy Chapman
Smells Like Teen Spirit ~ Tori Amos
The River ~ Bruce Springsteen
Jeremy ~ Pearl Jam

Yeah, ACROB@T, you have a :up: list. :)

I also love 'Stay' acoustic...
Doves 'Caught by the river' done acoustic is great too. :) Oh, and Elbow 'About time' or 'Scattered Black and Whites'...or...uh, I'll stop now. :)

ACROB@T said:
On Your Own, So Sister ~ The Verve
I forgot how good On Your Own acoustic is... :heart: It's probably my favorite verve song, but i hadn't heard the acoustic in a while...

Back
Top Bottom