Your 5 Favorite Voices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite voices (I know they're far from the best voices but they are the ones that mix with my feelings...) don't call me nuts:p

Bono
Freddie Mercury
Matt Bellamy
Alex Kapranos (it's not a good voice I know... but it's so "warm")
Thom Yorke

Honorary place for Win Butler.

5 is hard. I'll leave Bono off, I think it's implied.

No order here:

Stevie Wonder
Elton John (when he was younger)
Michael Stipe
Natalie Merchant
Harriet Wheeler (Lead singer of the Sundays)

Bone-o
Matt Bellamy
Elvis Costello
The Beatles (can't separate them)
Mick Jagger

Lila64 said:
I can't do just 5 :shifty:

Bono
John Lennon
Peter Gabriel
Michael Hutchence

:yes:
:up:

I'll see your 4, and raise you 5:

Billie Holiday
Thom Yorke
Jarvis Cocker :drool: LOVE his unique breathy sing-speak
Tori Amos
Sade

And I completely agree with U2man who said Bono's voice is very "warm". To me, Bono's voice is like one of my oldest friends . . . . I feel like it's always been with me. :)

Last edited:
Don Henley
Rod Stewart
Peter Gabriel
Sting

Don Henley probably has my favorite voice out of any singer. I don't think he's the best or anything, I just love the voice. :drool: As you can see, I love the slight scratchiness kinda thing. :lol:

FitzChivalry said:

Ok, but this one can actually sing. I'm not saying she's a favorite, but I can admire that she has vocal talent and a wide range. And she can bust out a ballad like nobody's business!

Christina's another of the pop divas that actually has the chops to back it up. :yes:

Mariah got that... in the past, not anymore.
What Mariah does now is releasing some whispers and suddenly some tiny screams enough to break glass.
Her personality help me not to admire her anymore (I never did, in fact).

Christina Aguilera is the opposite. She screams too much, she doesn't need that. Screams where/when the high notes are not needed. Plus, why is this 1940's out-of-context visual style?

Back
Top Bottom