Your 5 favorite Lead Vocalists! (sad I don't know who's ripoff)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Eddie Vedder :bow:
evbwugh.jpg

2. Roger Daltry
who4.jpg

3. Bono
link.bono.jpg

4. Michael Stipe
8681872-8681875-slarge.jpg

5. John Lennon
_41050018_daylennondied2_bbc.jpg

MrBrau1 said:
lotta love for the franks and beans.

So? I don't have a frank or a pair of beans, and I don't give two stuffs if people choose women or not. Why is it such a bad thing to list only male vocalists? I probably couldn't name a female vocalist I listen to who is worthy of a top five spot on my list. Not a slam against my gender, it's just personal taste! And speaking of that:

1. Freddie Mercury
2. David Gilmour / Roger Waters
3. George Harrison
4. Jim Morrison
5. Bono

Since we're talking LEAD vocalists, I'm going to exclude those who tend to be more solo aritsts (like Bowie, who would make my list of singers in general) and focus on lead singers for a band...at least that's what I get from the thread title. :shrug: And I suppose I'll also focus on only the vocals for these artists, as apposed to being all-around frontmen, in which case the list would also be different.

In which case,

1. Micheal Stipe
2. Thom Yorke
3. Bono
4. Paul McCartney
5. Jeff Tweedy

If we were just talking about vocalists in general (including solo artists), it would probably look something like this.

1. Bruce Springsteen
2. David Bowie
3. Micheal Stipe
4. Thom Yorke
5. Bono

Though I'd hate NOT to at least mention the superlative Nick Cave. :up:

GibsonGirl said:

So? I don't have a frank or a pair of beans, and I don't give two stuffs if people choose women or not. Why is it such a bad thing to list only male vocalists? I probably couldn't name a female vocalist I listen to who is worthy of a top five spot on my list. Not a slam against my gender, it's just personal taste! And speaking of that:

1. Freddie Mercury
2. David Gilmour / Roger Waters
3. George Harrison
4. Jim Morrison
5. Bono

Everyone likes female and black performers.

Just not enough to be a favorite.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
This week, it's

I like that. ...so I'm gonna use it too. :)

This week it's:

1) Steve Kilbey (I can hear everyone giving a great big DUH! to this one. Yeah, I'm predictable. :) )
2) Rob Dickinson
3) Craig Jackson
4) Jeff Tweedy
5) Grant McLennan

Honourable Mention -- Ollie Browne

Obviously there are many technically better singers out there, but this is who I like to hear.

(can't believe I said I was gonna use BonoIsMyMuse's lead in and then fucking forgot to use it. :rolleyes: Good thing for the edit feature.)

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

I probably couldn't name a female vocalist I listen to who is worthy of a top five spot on my list. Not a slam against my gender, it's just personal taste!

I took the topic to be in reference to frontmen, which necessarily involves some degree of theatrics. In terms of pure vocal ability, however, I would say that Sarah McLachlan would top my list. Her voice is simply ethereal.

MrBrau1 said:

I agree.

White male rock bands are the pinnacle of the aural art and musical performance.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, does it better than white male rock bands.

It's not a case of being better, it's just a matter oof me liking certain people voices and song choices better. My favourites happen to be white and male. Big deal. Now get the huge stick out of your ass.

Efrim Menuck
Freddy Mercury
Bono
Bjork
Thom Yorke

and some others of all kinds

Oh yeah, I forgot about Bjork. Shes probably right between Bowie and Stipe on my second list. :yes:

In no order (and I assume this is for male vocalists):

Elvis
Frank Sinatra
Freddie Mercury
Bono
Roy Orbison

Johnny Cash, Eddie Vedder and Michael Stipe for honourable mention.

Back
Top Bottom