Your 2006 Concert Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
revised list:

so far:

stars
controller.controller
gorillaz
metric
death cab/franz ferdinand
the strokes

upcoming shows:

wilco
front line assembly \m/

Hello there from Spain!!

Here it is my 2006 Concert Calendar:

- March: RINOCEROSE, SAINT ETIENNE
- April: DAYNA KURTZ
- June: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
- September: GEORGE MICHAEL (yes, yes I know, I know... my girlfriend forces me, :sad: )
- October: BEN HARPER

Let see what's going on the rest of the year.

greets!!

I saw NIN on Saturday night. Good show. Bauhaus opened, but I missed them. :sad: Jones Beach doesn't serve alcohol :mad: so I was getting my drink on in the lot and got in too late. Actually missed the first NIN song.

Here's mine
going - to reading festival, u2 (honolulu),madonna (if i can get tickets off ebay) and brand new.
been to - taking back sunday, kerrang tour, fallout boy (to my complete and utter shame), morrissey.

Hi All!

Last two shows I've seen were The Church (in March) :dancing: and in April, I got to see .. Daniel Lanois and his band :heart: .. heavenly!

Next week I will be going to see Jeff Martin (ex singer of Canadian band the Tea Party) ... twice :love: :love:

And have just bought tix today to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in concert in July!

Pretty good so far, this year :wink:

TranceEnding said:
Hi All!

Last two shows I've seen were The Church (in March) :dancing: and in April, I got to see .. Daniel Lanois and his band :heart: .. heavenly!

Next week I will be going to see Jeff Martin (ex singer of Canadian band the Tea Party) ... twice :love: :love:

Oh! You were at the Melbourne ULTC launch gig? Excellent! Congrats on scoring a Tin Mine. :)

planning on seeing bloc party, broken social scene, and mew in LA in this coming august.

aimee mann is playing the 'burgh this sunday - solo acoustic. i think i'll have to catch that...

all else is open. plans for the austin city limits festival aren't really taking off. sigh....

I've got Wilco coming up on July 16, which I'm really excited about.

I found out today that the Flaming Lips and Sonic Youth are playing a double billing at the New York state fair in Syracuse on September 1, so I'd like to go check them out.

I kick myself for not driving up to Saratoga Springs to see Bruce last night, but 2 1/2 hours one-way was just a little too much since I would've had to make the whole trip in one day. Oh well. Hopefully they'll add some dates in the fall?

So far:

Coldplay/Fiona Apple

Upcoming:

Elton John
Dixie Chicks

Will get tix for Sheryl Crow

Disappointed that Petty, Springsteen and Pearl Jam are not coming to my town :(

Thinking of getting tix for Blue Rodeo, Sarah Harmer and Bedouin Soundclash...

I want to see Cirque du Soleil too

Possibly Keane at Summerfest in Milwaukee on the 29th :hyper:...still working on convincing my mom...it's their last U.S. gig for the summer, and Elvis Costello is playing that day too :drool:

onebloodonelife said:
Possibly Keane at Summerfest in Milwaukee on the 29th :hyper:...still working on convincing my mom...it's their last U.S. gig for the summer, and Elvis Costello is playing that day too :drool:

So, I'm definitely going to Summerfest! :hyper: We're leaving sometime later today!

Wow, its so cool to see that we all have such an ecletic taste in music! Here's my schedule for this summer:

Jonathan Coulton in May
The Temptations & Four Tops in June (was a Father's day gift for Dad)
Carbon Leaf in June
Guster in August
311 in August (I'm actually hosting the concert...kinda nervous because the fans tend to get rowdy)

TranceEnding said:
Hi All!

I need to read this thread more often!

I agree, Daniel Lanois was magnificent! :yes:

I'm also going to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, in a fullish month of:

Split Enz just the other week, Coldplay next Wed, and You Am I the following week, with Karen O the next night.
:hyper:

lmjhitman said:
front line assembly \m/
i was supposed to go to this tonight, but the rest of their north american dates got cancelled.

:grumpy:

I'm probably going to see Bob Dylan at the minor league ballpark in Cooperstown on Labor Day weekend. Can I get any more American than that? :drool:

That's going to be one crazy week leading up to that, as X and the Rollins Band are playing at a nearby club one night (I'll see X and leave before the Rollins Band, most likely), and there's a great billing at the NY state fair that Friday: Ween, the Flaming Lips, and Sonic Youth.

I was going to take my mom to see Emmylou Harris in October, but all the good seats are sold out already :grumpy:

I feel so jealous of all you guys who live in areas where good bands actually travel to! :( Reading through some of these lists makes me want to move.

got_edge said:

Come to Miami - we'll catch a million Reggaeton shows!

grumpyhyper2.gif

I've covered a lot of different genres this year:

Regina Spektor
Sigur Ros
The Streets
Dixie Chicks
Madonna :rockon:
Dredg
Of Montreal

Popmartijn said:

OK, a small update here, seeing as this schedule is now almost 2 months old. :D

Concerts in the past:
10 March: Admiral Freebie, Melkweg, Amsterdam
10 April: Morrissey, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam (not a highlight)
6 May: Waterboys, Vredenburg, Utrecht (excellent concert!)
5 June: Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris, Ahoy, Rotterdam (Emmylou! :drool: )

Concerts in the future:
25 June: Robbie Williams, Arena, Amsterdam
18 to 20 August: Lowlands Festival (too many acts to mention, but Urban Dance Squad is playing a reunion concert and Spearhead is coming too! :hyper: )
30 August: Pearl Jam, Sportpaleis, Antwerp
6 September: Elvis Costello and Het Metropole Orkest, HMH, Amsterdam

Only a small update this time compared to one month ago. :)

Concerts in the past:
10 March: Admiral Freebie, Melkweg, Amsterdam
10 April: Morrissey, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam (not a highlight)
6 May: Waterboys, Vredenburg, Utrecht (excellent concert!)
5 June: Mark Knopfler & Emmylou Harris, Ahoy, Rotterdam (Emmylou! :drool: )
25 June: Robbie Williams, Arena, Amsterdam (I think I was one of the few Dutchies who had a nice evening that day :dance: )

Concerts in the future:
18 to 20 August: Lowlands Festival (too many acts to mention, but Urban Dance Squad is playing a reunion concert and Spearhead is coming too! :hyper: )
30 August: Pearl Jam, Sportpaleis, Antwerp
6 September: Elvis Costello and Het Metropole Orkest, HMH, Amsterdam
13 October: Bruce Springsteen & The Seeger Sessions Band, Ahoy, Rotterdam ( :hyper: )

saw Thé Lau yesterday in Het Rivierenhof in Antwerp (Deurne) and it was simply amazing

wonderful show

Back
Top Bottom