You Yangs, Lara, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i'm not actually a big fan of christmas, and the gift giving always ends up being disappointing or whatever, but i do like seeing the family and friends that we always see.

I wonder if there are any good lighting displays around here ... I don't normally walk around the place at night.

And I know I won't be getting many presents this year. My mother paid half the price of my Macbook as my Christmas present. I can't complain.

Won't be seeing much family either ... ever since my parents divorced and Mum and I came to Australia, our Christmases have been pretty small affairs. I think this year's Christmas dinner will have eight of us, six family members including myself and a couple of friends of the family.

I'd forgotten how much of a bitch Christmas tree lights can be. :crack:

I wonder if there are any good lighting displays around here ... I don't normally walk around the place at night.

And I know I won't be getting many presents this year. My mother paid half the price of my Macbook as my Christmas present. I can't complain.

Won't be seeing much family either ... ever since my parents divorced and Mum and I came to Australia, our Christmases have been pretty small affairs. I think this year's Christmas dinner will have eight of us, six family members including myself and a couple of friends of the family.
i need to take a picture of the xmas lights at night, but that's really hard with my simple camera.

our xmas dinner is only my family and my one uncle's family, but it's nice, and during the day we always go to this xmas party with this old group of family friends who i'm excited to see. plus other home people who i need to see while i'm there for a week.

i think i've got an internship, confirmation coming early next week, but the one sad thing is i don't get to be home for january and see all my friends and family in various places and go to inauguration.

i need to take a picture of the xmas lights at night, but that's really hard with my simple camera.

our xmas dinner is only my family and my one uncle's family, but it's nice, and during the day we always go to this xmas party with this old group of family friends who i'm excited to see. plus other home people who i need to see while i'm there for a week.

i think i've got an internship, confirmation coming early next week, but the one sad thing is i don't get to be home for january and see all my friends and family in various places and go to inauguration.

Yeah, with a basic hand-held, I find any kind of night shot is difficult. Hopefully soon I'll have a DSLR or something else really sweet.

In New Zealand, we used to spend Christmas Day with local family, which meant my mother's, then on Boxing Day, we'd head over to my paternal grandparents for another meal with my father's family. Now with all the branches split up, Christmas is just such a fragmented and minor affair now.

And best of luck with that internship, hope you get it.

Right now, I am importing 117 GB of music to iTunes on the new Mac. Holy crap. This is ever so slightly insane.

Just played what might be the last song ever on my PC. One Tree Hill, 26 December 1989. A fitting send-off.

Now let's start things on the Macbook with the same song.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is my single favourite five minutes of music ever. Nothing else even comes close.

Fuck, how did it become 3am all of a sudden? G'night, dead thread. :wave:

I don't remember going to bed last night. On moment I was talking to Ax on AIM....the next i was waking up in my bed..

So disappointed, the pic is not as amazing bigger:

paris121208-12.jpg

That would be convenient. Cause I would put the few there that I don't know the codes for. :grumpy:

And who were you stalking :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom