You took the words right out of my mouth...DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12.jpg

24.jpg

Hey kite & vp, seeing as you are local(ish) maybe you can help me out.

My cousin is coming from Ireland on Good Friday for 3 weeks with his GF. He is 26, and i think he has picked a really awful time to come. Nothing is going on and we are kind of stuck for things to do. Any ideas?:eyebrow:

Fly, so it can also be caused by just a run-of-the-mill flu virus that happens to invade the tissues or bloodstream of one person, and then could have little or no effect on another? That's sort of the way I took what I read on webmd, although they didn't come out and say that exactly. I wish that when they report things like this, they'd give us the full story, so we don't have to sit around being paranoid. :sigh:

VintagePunk said:
Fly, so it can also be caused by just a run-of-the-mill flu virus that happens to invade the tissues or bloodstream of one person, and then could have little or no effect on another? That's sort of the way I took what I read on webmd, although they didn't come out and say that exactly. I wish that when they report things like this, they'd give us the full story, so we don't have to sit around being paranoid. :sigh:

That does suck, they could have at least said if there were concerns about it being contagious:huh:

VintagePunk said:

Yep you're exactly right. I don't quite understand the pathological process of the invasion in one person versus the non-invasion in another with the same bacteria. All I know is that the bacteria can come from things like pneumonia or a UTI, or can come from regular bacteria living in the nose/throat/intestines that happen to enter the bloodstream.

Man, there's this gameshow on here called World's Brainiest Kid, and one girl was super intense :yikes:, she scared me

snowbunny00774 said:

That does suck, they could have at least said if there were concerns about it being contagious:huh:

Thanks. My daughter would have been in Europe whenever the poor girl came down with whatever it is that she had, but still, if there's something going around at the school, they should be telling us, you know? Even if it's nothing, just to set our mind at ease.

VintagePunk said:

Snowbunny, it would depend on their interests, I guess. And that time of the year, other than the typical activities in Niagara Falls/Toronto, I'm at a loss.

That's the thing, I don't really know their interests. They just keep saying "oh, anything is fine"...arrghh
The london knights will be in the playoffs and I know they want to see a hockey game. Thats pretty much it. The weather won't be warm enough to go to Bend or anything...Falls & To are fine, 3 weeks is a long time though!!

FlyYourKite said:

Yep you're exactly right. I don't quite understand the pathological process of the invasion in one person versus the non-invasion in another with the same bacteria. All I know is that the bacteria can come from things like pneumonia or a UTI, or can come from regular bacteria living in the nose/throat/intestines that happen to enter the bloodstream.

Okay, that's what I thought. That puts my mind at ease somewhat. Thanks. :hug:

snowbunny00774 said:

That's the thing, I don't really know their interests. They just keep saying "oh, anything is fine"...arrghh
The london knights will be in the playoffs and I know they want to see a hockey game. Thats pretty much it. The weather won't be warm enough to go to Bend or anything...Falls & To are fine, 3 weeks is a long time though!!

How about maple syrup-type activities? Is it too early/late for that? Again, I'm clueless, but that seems like a touristy thing to do. :lol:

VintagePunk said:

Thanks. My daughter would have been in Europe whenever the poor girl came down with whatever it is that she had, but still, if there's something going around at the school, they should be telling us, you know? Even if it's nothing, just to set our mind at ease.

Absolutely. the only thing is I think after SARS everyone is paranoid, so if there is even a slight concern it probably would have spread like wildfire by now. :shrug:

confirming one way or another would be nice though. Are people in Brantford generally concerned?

edited to make sense ;)

Last edited:
I think it might be maple tapping time then...I have no idea, I have never done it! Did go to a maple place near BTFD last year though - very good.

where did you get good waffles here Tre??:eyebrow:

snowbunny00774 said:

Absolutely. the only thing is I think after SARS after is paranoid, so if there is even a slight concern it probably would have spread like wildfire by now. :shrug:

confirming one way or another would be nice though. Are people in Brantford generally concerned?

I just found out about it this evening. My mom called me and told me there was an article in the local newspaper about it, and all it said with regard to the illness is what I said to Fly. I asked my daughter about it after, and she said that they have a memorial set up in the main hallway for the girl, and that the first she heard of it was today.

I'll just try not to be paranoid, and go under the assumption that if there were anything to worry about, they would have said something. Meanwhile, my heart goes out to the girl's family. :sad: I can't even imagine...

And Fly, you were helpful! I wasn't sure if I was understanding what I read correctly, or not.

snowbunny, another suggestion - not sure if they'd be interested or not, but the Brantford area is rich in native culture, if that's their thing.

Other than that, or standing outside of Wayne Gretzky's parent's house, there's not a great deal to offer around here. :lol:

the rockin edge said:

i don't really remember, i think it was somewhere near the downtown area. oh, it was across the street from some restraunt that had garlic in every dish.

that's what i remember. :wink:

Maggies!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom