You NEED to listen to this band, you hear me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
You'll probably ignore me if you're into slightly less popular bands, but a band named Dredg has released a new album very recently called Catch Without Arms. It's by far the best album released this year IMO. Every track is great and full of emotion. Plus the CD is very cheap.

The music is kind of hard to explain. It's not really obscure but it's unique. Take a sample on Amazon.com.

Buy this album, you won't regret it.

They're not emo sounding really at all. Their songs sound much more than emo bands. More along the lines of bands like Radiohead, Muse and Tool.

Please listen to them :(

I just read a topic at another board about this band....you wouldn't happen to post at nex would you?

You can also go to Barnes&Noble.com and listen to snippets of all the songs. Sounds pretty good!

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=tI5rFUiBvC&EAN=602498821770&ITM=1

Has anyone heard Manic Street Preachers. Some of their music is pretty good too. I saw them on a special in High Def from the 2004 Isle of Wight Festival recently. I was impressed, especially since there are only 3 of them.

That looks like a great festival BTW.

wow, i really like them. thanks alot for the recommendation shart1780 (they kind of remind me of Muse) :up:

and I'll look into Manic Street Preachers. thanks U2FloridaFan

is there room for another 'emo/radiohead - on - testosterone' rock band?

seriously...there's nothing new or interesting here....to be frank..it's boring.
Though it is more tolerable than Muse...at least the lyrics are a tab more mature...and the music is not screaming, "i have a big penis"

And it IS tolerable. not offensive. I'll give it some more listens and then, if I know this kind of thing, I'll put it on the back burner forever

Dredg is awesome! My brother and cousin absolutely love this band. I recommend listening to "Ode to the Sun", and "Bug Eyes". Both very catchy tunes although the rest of the album is fairly weak.

U2FloridaFan said:

Has anyone heard Manic Street Preachers. Some of their music is pretty good too. I saw them on a special in High Def from the 2004 Isle of Wight Festival recently. I was impressed, especially since there are only 3 of them.

Manic Street Preachers :bow: my 2nd favourite band.. you should definitely buy one of their albums, I recommend The Holy Bible! And there are only 3 members but they perform with another guitarist :up:

I don't have Catch Without Arms yet, but I recently got their 2002 album El Cielo and it is absolutely brilliant. I love it. It's almost prog-rock, really. I definitely wouldn't call them "emo." Seriously, give this album a shot. Fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom