You know you all love "Working For The Weekend"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Loverboy's "Working For The Weekend" is the kind of the song that everybody loves but that nobody will admit to loving, nowadays at least. Too "80s". Too "Passe". But that doesn't stop it from being an all-time classic "Classic even though it's not really that great of a song" song.

At one point or another in your lives, all of you have sang along with

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody needs a new romance
Yeah-ee-yeah-ah-ah-ah
Everybody's going off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance
You want a piece of my heart
You better stop and start

All of you.

If you say otherwise, you're a liar.

:wink:

zoolander-school.jpg

Fun fact:

My dad's band almost went out on tour with Loverboy back in the 80's. It never happened, but they were asked to do it.

It's probably a good thing. I have a bootleg tape of one of their old shows, and they're not very good. :lol:

I prefer Turn Me Loose, when Mike Reno hits that holy-shit-that's-high note on "Gonna pack my bags and FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

But yeah, this is a fun one, too.

And I'm really disappointed that no one has yet referenced Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze auditioning for Chippendale's. :tsk:

:lol:

That's gotta be in my Top 5 SNL Skits of All-Time, right up there with the Synchronized Swimming one with Harry Shearer and Martin Short.

I hate to encourage the derailing of my own thread, but...

I think the Farley/Sandler 'Herlihy Boy Housesitting Service' skit has to be in the top 5. Absolute classic.

That's a great sketch, not sure if it's Top 5 worthy-though. Gotta rank any Walken "Continental" sketch up there, too. It's genius.

Back to the song, it makes me want to throw on a headband and rock out in hilariously awful David Lee Roth-esque spandex.

Come on baby, let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dum-gah-dum-dum-gah-dum dum dummmmmmmmmmmmmm

corianderstem said:
I prefer Turn Me Loose, when Mike Reno hits that holy-shit-that's-high note on "Gonna pack my bags and FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

But yeah, this is a fun one, too.

And I'm really disappointed that no one has yet referenced Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze auditioning for Chippendale's. :tsk:

11539274273562.jpg

Oh, and I knew someone who had a license 'TRNMELS'. Everyone wondered what Turn Mels was. It was Turn Me Loose :| :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom