YOU get it, right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
Just curious. Does anyone else get it? When you use smilies here it's a pretty good indication of your mood, i.e., letting people know you're not serious with, for instance, a :madspit:

That's all I'll say on this . :silent: :censored:

To me, a :madspit: wouldn't indicate non-seriousness. A :wink: or a :sexywink: might (but it could also mean a sort of flirtiness about the statement, too), but a :madspit: indicates scorn or annoyance, for me (unless it's followed by a wink or a smiley or something).

I find it best not to use the pissy/angry smilies unless I really mean them, or unless I'm using them with people I know well who'll know I'm kidding.

Interesting. When I see smilies, I don't take a post seriously if they're scorning. When I'm scorning, I don't use smilies b'c they--to me--denote a playful mood. :hmm:

:madspit: is called mad spit for a reason. i think of those as like mean raspberries. i wish we had something more like a :nicespit: :)madspit: without the mean look on its face) because :tongue: just conjures up too many innuendoes for me. :giggle:

smiley of the week for me

1361.gif

elevation2u said:
:mad: :angry: :| :drool:
are my favorite smilies and it's not like im actually mad , drooling etc...when i use them...
DING DING DING DING DING DING And the prize of the day goes TO...! :applaud: :wink:

pax said:
To me, a :madspit: wouldn't indicate non-seriousness. A :wink: or a :sexywink: might (but it could also mean a sort of flirtiness about the statement, too), but a :madspit: indicates scorn or annoyance, for me (unless it's followed by a wink or a smiley or something).

I find it best not to use the pissy/angry smilies unless I really mean them, or unless I'm using them with people I know well who'll know I'm kidding.

Indeed. :mad:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom