Yorkeys Knob, Queensland, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, guess I should probably head off down to the police station soon. Hopefully they'll give me some nice stolen property report so that the $20 fee for a new student ID card at uni is waived. Bah, why does it have to be 31C right now? I'm going to diiiieeee.

: procrastinates on leaving :

How do you manage when it hits 40?

Melbourne Cup Day, the horse race that allegedly stops the nation... although it's only a public holiday in Melbourne.

The way people skip school and work in Queensland, you'd think it's a public holiday there too.

I'm surprised there's no public holiday here for the Melbourne Show. I guess Cup Day stands in for that. But the Gold Coast and Brisbane both have their Show Days.

The way people skip school and work in Queensland, you'd think it's a public holiday there too.

I'm surprised there's no public holiday here for the Melbourne Show. I guess Cup Day stands in for that. But the Gold Coast and Brisbane both have their Show Days.

I just love that Kennett cancelled some other, more sensible public holiday, and kept that one.

Wouldn't have put it past him to cancel Christmas... although I might not object to that.

I just love that Kennett cancelled some other, more sensible public holiday, and kept that one.

Wouldn't have put it past him to cancel Christmas... although I might not object to that.

Wow, he cancelled a holiday? How did that not cause a state-wide rebellion?

I could totally support cancelling Christmas.

Right, I better make a move. Damn heat. I'm also nervous, since I've never actually dealt with the police before. But if the wallet has been handed in, I could use the $100 being returned ...

Hopefully back within an hour. :wave:

Wow, he cancelled a holiday? How did that not cause a state-wide rebellion?

I could totally support cancelling Christmas.

No idea which one, but I blame him for the Public Holiday drought between Queen's Birthday (June) and Cup Day (November).

Well, I see pretty much nothing happened in my absence.

God, I'm fucking EXHAUSTED after that walk. 25 minutes each way in the heat.

No idea which one, but I blame him for the Public Holiday drought between Queen's Birthday (June) and Cup Day (November).

I think this drought is even more critical than the weather drought. I insist upon more public holidays! Midweek public holidays at that!

Trade you. I'll take your inconsistent weather if you take my warm weather.

But our weather is inconsistently warm.

And inconsistently scorching sometimes. God. I'm fucked after that walk. Fuck you, bus network and no Sunday buses. I'm going to write an angry e-mail to the bus company AND CC IN LYNNE KOSKY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom