Yoda......little green bastard!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ballistic Tweed said:

You're absolutely right! It IS INAPPROPRIATE to fly airliners into skyscrapers! It IS INAPPROPRIATE to murder 4,000 innocent people! I'm sick and tired of other countries telling us Americans to "get over it and move."

WE WILL NEVER FORGET! WE WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF THE REALITY OF WHY WE ARE FIGHTING THIS WAR AGAINST THESE INTOLERANT BARBARIANS!

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

I knew that was coming.

The USA was certainly not at fault for what happened on 9/11 and there is certainly no legitmate reason for the attack. The act of terror which is the exclusive targeting and murder of civilians with no military or political role, is simply evil and is unproductive in achieving any goal. I have heard the arguements before about the conditions that much of the third world live in comparison to the first world. While this poverty that exist does create breeding grounds for terrorist activity, the poverty in 2002 in most of the third world is the result of political instability, dictatorship, overpopulation, waste and inappropriate use of available resources by those in charge of those countries, not the foreign policies of the west or colonialism from over a century ago. Certainly the demands of the west for repayment of old loans does not help the situation, and the west is in the process of forgiving much of this debt. What is needed in most of these countries is sustained economic and political development to create an environment in which the problems of poverty can be accurately targeted and eradicated. Countries and provinces like South Korea, Maylasia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Hong Kong of been outstanding successes. All of them were poor thirdworld former colonies 50 years ago and now all rank in the top 40 of economically devoloped countries. Most people who live in the above countries have a standard of living better than that of Eastern Europe and comparable to Western countries and better than a few.

Bin Ladens has the goal destroying the governments of most Muslim countries and replacing them with a Taliban like Islamist fundamentalist regimes. He feels he can do this by tapping into the huge young impoverished populations of many of these countries who are largely uneducated and uninformed about the West and easy prey to be brainwashed and used like robots to perform Mr. Bin Ladens evil deeds. The fact is most people in the Taliban and Al Quada new nothing about 9/11 until the day of. In fact it has been widely speculated that some of the hijackers themselves did not know what their real mission was.

Terrorism is not the natural response to ones position of poverty. But one living in such conditions is much more likely to be convinced and believe in radical perversions of Islam spread by Bin Laden. Bin Laden uses his wealth to recruit, brainwash, and use youth living in poverty to further HIS agenda. Bin Laden will co-opt any Muslim cause including the Palestinian one to gain recruits and more brainwashed robots so as to further HIS goals. 9/11 is Bin Laden's and Al Quada's fault. This is a person who's terror organization Al Quada has cells in over 60 countries of which Afghanistan was one.

I also consider the idea of US terrorism against Communist to be a misinterpertation and gross generalization of US Foreign policy during the Cold War.

But back to the main point. Continuing to try and achieve sustained economic and political development in the third world and hunting down and destroying Alquada and other terror organizations is the solution to this problem.

Gina Marie said:
I AM an American-and who are you to judge me? I guess you assumed incorrectly that I'm not.Yes, I live in America, and 2 people from my town DIED that day, and dozens from my state.

This isn't Free Your Mind, and that's why I stay away from that place, because of stuff like this. I stated my opinion on you posting that picture, because it offended me, for the reasons I've stated. And no, I don't think that's inappropriate, because I'm frankly tired of ignoring stuff like this and being intimidated into remaining silent.

So please don't lecture me, as I am very familiar w/ that tragic day. I don't need a lecture, or to see that picture, to tell me how to feel about it either.

Oh, I see...... I didn't know the proper Lemonade Stand etiquette. So, apparently you can attack my values, but I can't defend myself. Okay, thanks for letting me know.:rolleyes:

Oh! and by the way.... My town lost an entire plane full of people that day. But I didn't know this was a contest to see who was victimized more.

nyfd_heroes_small.gif

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Ballistic Tweed said:

Oh, I see...... I didn't know the proper Lemonade Stand etiquette. So, apparently you can attack my values, but I can't defend myself. Okay, thanks for letting me know.:rolleyes:

Oh! and by the way.... My town lost an entire plane full of people that day. But I didn't know this was a contest to see who was victimized more.

nyfd_heroes_small.gif

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
-- George Bernard Shaw

OK, Balistic, Gina Marie never attacked your values. She simply stated that she found your signiture offensive, and it is, or at the very least, inappropriate for this forum. That is a long way from attacking your values. There are many other ways for you to show your solidarity, grief, sorrow outrage... etc, but I would think that you would want to do so in a positive way. Several other pics you've used were great, they were a powerful and respectful reminder of what we lost that day. Showing the plane just before impact is not. While I agree that the truth should never be hidden, and it all to often is (see George Carlins thought on this matter) there is also a time and place for such jarring imagery. I included a nice picture, should you want to use it...Just my two cents...

Attachments

• wtc.jpg
    wtc.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom