Yippee-Ki-Yay, Interference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
Live Free or Die Hard is coming out soon, so why not have a Die Hard lovefest thread? It's only one of the best action series' ever.

Welcome to the party, pal.

Die%20Hard.jpg

die_hard_two_ver2.jpg

die_hard_with_a_vengeance_ver1.jpg

Livefreeordiehard_american_poster.jpg

The release of Live Free or Die Hard should be the last reason to have a Die Hard lovefest.

:grumpy:

I also watched the first one all the way through for the first time, so that was a big factor in it, too.

Live Free or Die Hard could be either really fun and action-packed and great, or just a nostalgic attempt to be as good as the other Die Hards. There's a 50/50 shot of either one.

I don't see going to see that any different than seeing Transformers.

Both are going to be mindless action flicks based off of the nostalgia of the '80s generation.

One has Bruce Willis, one's going to be directed by Michael Bay.

It's completely different. The Die Hard series (#1 and 3 anyway) has set a precedent of being quality films. They're a popular culture icon.

Live Free or Die Hard is effectively aiming to destroy the reputation of the franchise.

Transformers is a movie based on toys from the 80's and seems to have managed to make a decently entertaining flick from it.

Oh yeah, and Die Hard 4 is rated PG-13. End of discussion. :down:

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?! :sad:

DIE HARD 4 IS PG-13?!?!?!?!

this changes everything.

You do have a point, but look at all of the other franchises doing 4th movies. Indy IV is an exception because it's fucking Indy IV.

LemonMacPhisto said:
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?! :sad:

DIE HARD 4 IS PG-13?!?!?!?!

this changes everything.

You do have a point, but look at all of the other franchises doing 4th movies. Indy IV is an exception because it's fucking Indy IV.

What are the other ones? The only other one I can think of is Jurassic Park 4, and JP3 already destroyed that franchise, so what harm could a fourth do...

And Indy IV is an exception...because it's fucking Indy IV. :wink:

Beverly Hills Cop IV is coming whether we like it or not.

Rambo IV is coming. :|

that's all I can remember right now.

Oh yeah, John Rambo. Forgot about that. Not like the original films were anything special to begin with though. But have you seen the trailer for J.R.? It looks pretty friggen badass. I'll go see it.

I haven't seen the trailer, I shall check it out.

First Blood Part II is the best and III is fucking stupid.

The JR trailer is one of the most kickassery-filled 3-minute blood orgies of violence I've seen. I love it.

Holy shit, he just cut a guy's head off and blew one guys to bits with the biggest gun I've ever seen.

Maybe this 4th movie shit isn't a bad deal after all.

Stay on topic peolpe :grumpy: (I never thought I would have to say that :wink: )

It sucks that Die Hard 4 is going to be PG-13 but I am still willing to bet it's better than Transformers...

robots in disguise my ass...

Micheal Bay, pfft... He's like the big budget Uwe Boll :down:

And btw, Die Hard 2 was pretty awful... #1 and 3 are gold.

Samuel L. Jackson plays a guy named Zeus Carver. I cannot get over that name.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Stay on topic peolpe :grumpy: (I never thought I would have to say that :wink: )

It sucks that Die Hard 4 is going to be PG-13 but I am still willing to bet it's better than Transformers...

robots in disguise my ass...

Micheal Bay, pfft... He's like the big budget Uwe Boll :down:

And btw, Die Hard 2 was pretty awful... #1 and 3 are gold.

Would you like to create a wager on this? :hmm: I don't disagree about Michael Bay (although comparing him to Boll is like comparing the smell of shit to the smell of rotting flesh+shit), but I'm fairly confident Transformers will come out being the more enjoyable and well-executed film than Die Hard 4, given each films respective goals.

It's a dangerously subjective issue though, so it would probably have ot be determined by maybe an Interference poll, RT tomatometer, and maybe metacritic. You up for it?:wink: Could be fun.

Lancemc said:

Would you like to create a wager on this? :hmm: I don't disagree about Michael Bay (although comparing him to Boll is like comparing the smell of shit to the smell of rotting flesh+shit), but I'm fairly confident Transformers will come out being the more enjoyable and well-executed film than Die Hard 4, given each films respective goals.

It's a dangerously subjective issue though, so it would probably have ot be determined by maybe an Interference poll, RT tomatometer, and maybe metacritic. You up for it?:wink: Could be fun.

I'm in... Gotta wait till they have come out and then we will combine a critical/Interference poll to determine the results...

To the winner goes the spoils and to the loser... :hmm:

Sounds good. Rules will include both of us having to see both films in theaters (damn, and here I thought I might actually excape seeing Die Hard 4 :wink: ), as well as anyone who votes in the Interference thread. And unless you have objections, we'll use the three media I suggested to determine the result: Interference Poll, Metacritic #, Tomatometer %. The movie to win 2 or more of those three "judges" shall be the winner.

But for this to be remotely interesting, we need some real stakes. Any ideas? How about an embarassing avatar change for the loser?

I'm in with this bet, I say we have to change an avatar to something Coldplay-related.

chrismartin2jy.jpg

Lancemc said:
Sounds good. Rules will include both of us having to see both films in theaters (damn, and here I thought I might actually excape seeing Die Hard 4 :wink: ), as well as anyone who votes in the Interference thread. And unless you have objections, we'll use the three media I suggested to determine the result: Interference Poll, Metacritic #, Tomatometer %. The movie to win 2 or more of those three "judges" shall be the winner.

But for this to be remotely interesting, we need some real stakes. Any ideas? How about an embarassing avatar change for the loser?

agreed...

If Die Hard Wins you get the "I Love Die Hard 4" Av, if Transformers wins I get the "I Love Transformers" Av...

LemonMacPhisto said:
Has to see Norbit?

sweet jesus... that's just sick..

Back
Top Bottom