YES!!! Finally a medal for Van Velde! (speed skating)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
YES!!!

Finally the Dutch speed skater has won a medal. Since Albertville (1992) he had missed quite a few medals in some very sorry ways.

Albertville: 500 meters: 4th at 1/100 of a second
World Championships (2001): 1000 meters: 4th at 1/100 of a second
Salt Lake City: 500 meters: 4th at 2/100 of a second

But he has his revenge at his last chance, as he not only won a medal at the 1000 meters a few moments ago, he won the gold medal with a new world record (something like 1:07.18)! (And he's now also the man who has skated the fasted lap ever: 24.6 seconds)

I am so happy for him!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

it was great
truely deserved it!

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Congrats...fastest man on ice. Cool indeed.
**cass thinks anyone who can stay upright on ice skates deserves a medal**

That was an amazing skate! Congrats to all you Dutch on your superb speed skating team...I've been impressed with them all week.
biggrin.gif

Popmartijn, I have just watched the Australian evening news and saw the skating incident that was mentioned in another thread here.
How embarrassing.I was genuinely pleased about your joy at your countryman's success.My comment about staying upright referred to my attempt at ice skating when I was a child. I spent lots of time sitting on the ice and I thought I'd broken my finger. I tried again just recently as they have built a rink near here, but I could not move an inch, totally "froze" up.So I admire people who can do it. We plan to go and watch the ice hockey comp. from time to time, quite and unusual thing for Northern NSW, Australia.
So I feel my comment was in rather bad taste, now I've seen the incident with the Aussie at Salt Lake City today.
I just felt the need to explain. You've always seemed like a cool person who genuinely loves U2, so I wanted to say congratu lations, that's all.
**cass skulks off, taking her foot and her mouth with her**

Back
Top Bottom