Yertle, i am shocked you have not posted a thread about Ronaldinho?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
yertle, my football fan, you have let me down by not posting the latest football news. ;)

[q] from Sky Sports:

DUFF MOVE EXPECTED AS BARCA LAND RONNIE

Ronaldinho, after a summer of painful prevarication, has finally signed a five-year contract to join Barcelona from Paris St Germain.

The Brazilian, who will cost the Spaniards ?21million, will undergo a medical tomorrow (Sunday) before being formally presented as a Barcelona player on Monday.

His transfer represents a coup for president Joan Laporta, but leaves Manchester United, whose overtures were rejected by the 23-year-old midfielder, with a massive problem.

United even reportedly offered goalkeeper Fabien Barthez as a makeweight in the deal before finally admitting defeat in the race to sign the World Cup winner.

Barcelona vice-president Sandro Rosell said: "He's one of the stars of the new Barcelona. He is impressed by the crowds who've come out to see him."

Rosell also promised it would not be the last of the spending, adding: "We are going to sign two or three more players."

Ronaldinho did not speak, but Roberto Assis, his brother and agent, expressed the pair's relief at the deal being done.

"Barca worked very hard with PSG and now we've reached agreement and we're very happy to be here," said Assis.

The Premiership champions end their four-game pre-season tour of the U.S. on August 3 with a friendly against Barca in Philadelphia.

And there is now a strong chance they will be lining up AGAINST the man Sir Alex Ferguson earmarked as the perfect replacement for David Beckham.

Ferguson is now expected to switch his attentions to Damien Duff, although Pat Devlin, Duff's agent, has confirmed that they have not made contact with him so far.[/q]

yes incredibly remiss of me. i need to laugh as man united let yet another player slip through their fingers.

*laughs*

although one thing has to be said - that david seaman chip was a fluke.

the mighty man united seem to have signed kleberson though.

arsenal have been mighty quiet on the transfer front so far. rumours but nothing very concrete, just fringe players like luzhny leaving.

Back
Top Bottom