Yeah, Peyton!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Congrats, Peyton Manning, for breaking Dan Marino's record of most touchdown passes in a year! 49! :applaud:
capt.nad11212262209.chargers_colts_nad112.jpg

:applaud::bow::applaud::bow:

My sister lives in Indianapolis with her husband and daughter so naturally I called yesterday and as we were talking on the phone she kept screaming as we watched the last minute and overtime because she was so excited. Yesterday was a big day, good or bad, for the NFL.

That was the most intense game! I was thinking, it's now that champions show through, you can't lose a game like this late in the season if you expect to get far. Peyton and the rest of the Colts showed they do have something special. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the end because the station lost the feed here with 9 minutes to go :grumpy:

Congrats to Peyton on the record, glad to see he did it in the flow of a competitive game instead of throwing for it in the 4th quarter with a 42-7 lead (Hello Houston) or a 34-9 lead (Hello Detroit).
Dungy's lucky Manning lead them back to win, he would have looked like a real idiot for saying SD was "not an elite team" if they beat the Colts in the dome. Coaches are supposed to know better than to provide bulletin board fodder for the opponent.

U2democrat said:
Ah that sucks.

So, U2kitten, Newport News got over 1 foot of snow!!! Are you still stuck?

Yeah, I'm just over the river from NN, we got almost a foot. I dug the car out and even though it's little it has front wheel drive so I got out. The neighborhood streets are covered, the next road is flattened mostly but icy, even in town they're not totally scraped. That's another thing about this area, because we don't get much snow they don't have the plows and snow removal stuff people up north and out west have. :huh: It's still bad, it looks like it will melt Wed. You have a safe trip to NC, the interstates should be okay!

and again Peyton :bow: :up:

the best thing is how he did it, tying a score in the final minute to go to OT in a crucial game. Congrats peyton.

U2democrat said:
Eli is definitely in a huge shadow now. Poor kid is going to be compared to Peyton the rest of his career.

Yeah, well, Eli stinks and is guilty of general douchebaggery, so I don't feel too bad for him.

Don't know about Peyton, but my insurance agent has never given me anything to cheer about.

I was surprised to see just now on espn.com that the Colts are currently ranking 1st in the league in offense and 28th in defense. I was going to say has anyone ever been first and last at the same time, then I remembered there are now more than 28 teams :crack: that's the number they had for years. Anyway that is a big drop. They are so awesome to be able to compensate for it. If their d matched their offense they'd be the most incredible team ever.

They left all the stars on the bench to save them for the playoffs so they wouldn't end up losing someone crucial in a meaningless game the way the Eagles did T.O.

Of course last year Denver employed this "rest all the players" philosophy in week 17 in Green Bay, and remember how well they fared in the wild card game at the RCA dome?
There's something to be said for momentum and continuity in the NFL.

Yes there is but not at the expense of losing a star like T.O. If I were coach I'd at least have played them the first half. But since they didn't get a 'bye' this was like their 'vacation' and it's no worse than the teams who get next week off.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
47 of 48 votes for MVP go to Peyton Manning

the other vote, jokingly, goes to Michael Vick... apparently Vick got credit for atlanta's defense.
That was my vote...although Manning clearly was MVP, if you check our predictions thread, I predicted Vick and since I'm a stick to my guns type of guy, I had to cast my vote for him. Just another day at the office.

Back
Top Bottom