yeah Canada!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
great way to start things off, I am so excited to see Brodeur starting in nets!!!

Canada looks like they are starting to gel, I can't see how Finland or Belarus can beat them, hope to see you in Gold Medal game!!!

btw, you ass Gretzky, when Canada scored the place cheered as if it was the USA scoring the goal, but wait, I thought we all hated Team Canada... ?

hmm, I am watching short track speed skating. But Go Canada in hockey! *sends them good wishes*
biggrin.gif

Canada has been flawless defensively, no more odd-man rushes and free lanes to and around the goal, they look dominant, just need to start putting the puck in the net

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
btw, you ass Gretzky, when Canada scored the place cheered as if it was the USA scoring the goal, but wait, I thought we all hated Team Canada... ?

there are a lot of canadians in that crowd-i know 5 people there from saskatoon alone.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
there are a lot of canadians in that crowd-i know 5 people there from saskatoon alone.

there are more than five people living in saskatoon?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

either way, this is some great action, Canada got the lead but then has an immediate mental lapse and watched the Finnish player feed a wide open teamate in front of the net, Canada was still celebrating the goal at that point...

yeah that was a pretty weak moment for canada-a goal brodeur should have had, if anyone shouldn't be celebrating the goal it's brodeur. but he hasn't been that busy at all so it's still hard to fault him.

if canada can pot one early they should have it.

my early pick is gonna be canada-us final, how about you wanderer?

I'm surprised you thought that was Brodeur's fault, that was a quick centering feed from behind the net, not usavable, but not a soft goal by any means

well, Canada is looking shaky in the 3rd here...

Shaky or not, we got it!!!!!!

Yeah Mario!!!!!!! (I'd salute him even if he wasn't playing!! )
smile.gif

My blood pressure is taking a loooong time to calm down............

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 02-20-2002).]

I love Canada!!!! Thank-you guys for making it thus far!!! Woo Hoo here comes Friday!!

Missed the whole game due to school. Man!! So was Mario not playing tonight???

kobayashi--> nice prediction, but let's get passed Friday.
wink.gif
How intense would that be? Canada and USA battle for gold.
eek.gif

why is it you are ecstatic about that jezebel?

but yes, congratulations to the Canadian women
smile.gif

it's strange how things work out, Canada beat the US seven World Championships in a row, then lost in the 98 Nagano Gold Medal game to the USA; this time the US women beat Canada 8 straight times and were on a 34 game winning streak before this game, go figure...

Hayley Wickenheiser said, "The Americans put our flag on the floor of their dressing room. Now I want to know if they want us to sign it!"

they really did that??? oh well, if that's the kind of attitude they had, then I'm kind of glad they lost, and at least their win will be appreciated in Canada

they really did that??? oh well, if that's the kind of attitude they had, then I'm kind of glad they lost, and at least their win will be appreciated in Canada

Yeah. They said it was to remind them that Canada was looming large, but as you can imagine, the Canadians weren't too impressed.

it's refreshing to hear attitudes like that from the silver medal nation.

it is not so refreshing to hear what was coming out of the mouths of some of the drunk fekkers i had to kick out of my house after the game-they were showing no respect for the american team, something i cannot deal with.

I was really happy Canada won. They had to go through a lot of adversity to get it though. Even though they got 15 penalties they only let in one powerplay goal, they didn't let the unfairness get to their heads and frustrate them.

TELL ME, how does it make sense to have all american refs at a canada/USA game??? I found that confusing!!

------------------
"Here it is, revenge to the tune;
your no good.
your no good, your no good, your no good
Can't you tell, it's well understood?"
Elliott Smith - Waltz#2

Woooo HOOOOOOOOooooOOOOooOOOOOO!!!!

Nice to see Lindros and Iginla both get the monkey off their back. Iginla's really been working hard for that goal, and there was an almost instant turnaround in Lindros' play.

So who will it be in the finals - Canada-Russia, or Canada-US?

WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo Canada!!!! We ordered pizza here at work and bought some brewski's and had a hocket party!! Way to kick their ass Canada!! I think the entire Canadian Team should send Belarus a Thank-You card for eliminating Sweden, or today's game could have had a much different result!

I personally would like to see Canada vs. USA on Sunday.... but only if we could secure that win!!
biggrin.gif

Bring home the Gold boys!

At school they showed the hockey game in the auditorium.. it was sweeeet.

Yeah, and at my work they set up t.v.'s all over the office so we could watch!!! (and this is for the federal government!!!!! lol!! talk about priorities!!)

This is the only time I'll excuse the government for slacking off. Hockey should be priority, it's Canada after all.

First off, way to go Candian Woman's Hockey Team!!!

1- You win on American ice after having to endure 8 straight prior losses in a row to this American team.

2- You win despite an American referee calling the game who had the gull to call 8 straight penalties against the Canadians. No where have I ever witnessed such poor lop-sided abuse of officiating in a winner take all game.

3- What is a flag doing lying on the floor of the dressing room? Find other ways of motivating your team there coach! How could this NOT be understood as a sign of disrespect. I wonder how many feet were on it. Poor class. It should practically be considered a criminal offence. What you choose to do with your own flag is your business, but if you choose to have another country's flag in your hands you better raise it or leave it alone.

For the men's final, I cannot wait to see an entertaining game! Go Canada Go!

17 medals!!! Best ever Winter Games for Canada!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom