ye olde englishe/european footballe threade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MUTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! and Kaka what a great game :hyper: we lose a big chance and hit the pole but a tie against Milan means alot...I love this season!

europop2005 said:
FORZA AZZURRI!!!

ITALY FRANCE RE-MATCH TOMORROW!

Del Piero plays from the first minute, Inzaghi only forward. Guess all the Milan player will give out a full power match, I'm confident we beat those french, so Domenech shuts his full of shit mouth..............once again

^ Well, we italians always are targeted as cheaters, thieves etc etc. BULLSHIT! There's so much ignorance out there, people talk of fair play and then they hang themselves over those stupid stereotypes. Just watch within your home, everyone.
We won a great worldchampionship, and we showed the whole world what we're up to, all those bashers just have to shut up.
Beside this, Domenech is the first one who has to shut, does he remember when he wanted to sell fake tickets in the american worldcup in 1994?!?!? It's just a miracle he didn't go to jail

Actual quote from Ray Hudson on GolTV's broadcast of Italy-France:

"There's a big hole in the couch of French football that only Zidane's beautiful backside can fill."

babyman said:
^ Well, we italians always are targeted as cheaters, thieves etc etc. BULLSHIT! There's so much ignorance out there, people talk of fair play and then they hang themselves over those stupid stereotypes. Just watch within your home, everyone.
We won a great worldchampionship, and we showed the whole world what we're up to, all those bashers just have to shut up.
Beside this, Domenech is the first one who has to shut, does he remember when he wanted to sell fake tickets in the american worldcup in 1994?!?!? It's just a miracle he didn't go to jail

Well several of the top football clubs in Italy were found guilty of 'cheating' and I'm sure most Australians would contend that your last world cup championship is tainted.

Dalton said:

Well several of the top football clubs in Italy were found guilty of 'cheating' and I'm sure most Australians would contend that your last world cup championship is tainted.

Tell me, when and where, please. Leave out all the Moggi affaire, tell me when Italy or italian clubs have cheated in international games. Look around in other countries what's happening. I guess english, spanish or german football aren't so clear in the end. Just look in your home, first of all.
So, please, it's the usual game, bashing italians is many people favourite attitude, and the same people come to me and want to give lessons about honesty, let it out, please.
The story about Australia is silly, I just remember Materazzi sent off for nothing and a clear penalty kick, the rest is history, we won deserved, if you want to throw shit on this, then, you're free to do it. But if you tell that our worldchampionship is tainted, I just piss myself laughing

Last edited:
if you want to see true Italian football...look up Italy Germany 2006, we won that game with heart and skill, probably the best game i've ever watched. I'm still unsure about Grosso's tackle, but then again, wasn't this the same world cup where a referee issued 3 yellow cards to the same player?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CQf4zYJ2fY

You normally need to have your swim suit on to dive like that.

Leave out the Moggi affair? Because it proves my point? The fact of the matter is that there was sufficient evidence to either drop our deduct points from 4 of Italy's most prominent team.

So, you may be pissing yourself, but you were probably bribed to do so.

^it was nothing to do with the national team and no players were ever implicated in anything so I see no reason to say Italy's World cup was tainted...if anything it provided a morale boost for the Italian game.

The Italian league teams were punished...Juve were stripped of their title and dumped down a league...would the FA had the balls to serve a similar punishment to the likes of Man Utd? I doubt it....Personally the whole Tevez affair and the punishment that West Ham received initially was a farce...everyone knew West Ham never owned him as shown by the pitiful £4 million they received for him...or you could point to the FA declaring Man City's new chairmen 'fit and proper' when he has human rights charges put against him....it is laughable.

Football globally is in a state clubwise...the English premier league is in a worse state than probably many of the others....it isn't even that English anymore.

Dalton said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CQf4zYJ2fY

You normally need to have your swim suit on to dive like that.

Leave out the Moggi affair? Because it proves my point? The fact of the matter is that there was sufficient evidence to either drop our deduct points from 4 of Italy's most prominent team.

So, you may be pissing yourself, but you were probably bribed to do so.

Don't you see how clear it is?? The player takes the legs of Grosso, should he have learned to fly or what? Oh, come on, I don't want to argue over this, it's so clear like daylight. If you want to throw shit on our win for an episode that you have in football every game, do it. This doesn't cancel our honesty in having put all the spirit we had. Leave out the Moggi affaire because it is circumstanced to a couple of thieves who wanted to make their own money, having zero and less than zero interesting in the teams destiny. And it was circumstanced in the national affair, never in international. Fucking Joseph Blatter neither reached us the cup, the president of my balls, he was so tremendous angry that night! His worst nightmare was to give us the cup, he couldn't sleep for nights and nights I guess! HA! KISS OUR ASSES, WE WON, OLD BLATTER! Juventus payed for other faults and got relegated, as much as other teams payed, too. You know what the true scandal would have been?? IF NO ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN PUNISHED! You always mark italians as cheaters, but we do punish the ones who do this things. Moggi and co. are out of business now, forever, what do you want more? I know many of you couldn't wait for anything better to see finally Italy go down, but you had a veeeeeeery bad luck, I'm so sorry about this! We have the fourth star on our shirt, and shines so bright! And once again we've proved our strenght by winning also the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, where AC MILAN showed BAYERN MUNICH and mostly MANCHESTER UTD how to PLAY FOOTBALL, and a couple of weeks back they won even the supercup against Sevilla, becoming the most winning football team of all the world, with 17 INTERNATIONAL CUPS........................So, there you see it, we win with passion, strenght and heart, probably others don't have the same passion we have, it's an old story................ How to dismantle the italian monster................ We're used to it by now, we don't get a damn anymore, it's good to see all the toursists coming to Italy, with ice creams in the hands, wearing a t-shirt of Rome, taking photographs even from the birds shit, and then talk falsely about Italy. LJT brought up a couple of interesting points, too. ....................All I say is not to generalize like goats. If someone cheats, you can't say there are only cheaters. If Man UTD has done a couple of tricks to buy Tevez, you can't say that the whole english football is dirt, ain't it?

babyman said:

AC MILAN showed BAYERN MUNICH and mostly MANCHESTER UTD how to PLAY FOOTBALL, and a couple of weeks back they won even the supercup against Sevilla, becoming the most winning football team of all the world, with 17 INTERNATIONAL CUPS

i didn't know you were a secret ac milan fan...:wink:

england finally decided to play well yesterday which was nice too see after all the awful performances of late. fantastic to see owen back and scoring, we've missed him so much and heskey played well too.

barry and gerrard were excellent in the middle. lampard is a good player but everyone knows him and gerrard can't play together so for the next few games it should be gerrard and hargreaves/barry in the middle. this pairing looks for more stable and more workable.

1stepcloser said:

i didn't know you were a secret ac milan fan...:wink:

You don't know how much blood runs to my head by doing such statements..................................:mad: :mad:

What can I do, Ac leads the city of Milan, we will always be the poor cousins...........................:(

Italy played the absolute zero against France, Donadoni really sucks, this is the worst man on earth who could ever take the place of Marcello Lippi! Even my cat Tommy would be the right one instead of Donadoni! This man can't trasmit anything to the team, he has no spirit, no strenght, no will to win! He was a good player, but as coach, he should maybe try to coach an under 6 team!:mad:
I'm so frustrated with Donadoni's Italy, he couldn't held the same group and the same spirit of the worldcup............. Ucraine makes me fear on Wednesday, not talking about Scotland....................

well well, 2 england wins in a row and 2 good performances. just when you think all hope is lost they finally pull out a couple of good results. owen showed again he is world class and barry and gerrard were superb in the middle again. i think some of the big teams may start sniffing around barry come the january transfer window :(

also france 0 - 1 scotland :ohmy:

well done scotland, didn't see that one coming.

can you imagine if scotland and england both qualified... man that would be awesome to see in 08. a match between the two that actually meant something.

think there'd be fireworks? :wink:

Finally Italy showed a bit character yesterday! This team needs always lots of critics to wake up. Good game, though Ukraine was tough to beat.

Scotland is living the dream, I don't know what's happening with them, I think they were never as strong as this time!

Looks pretty tight now:

1Scotland 21
2Italy 20
3France19

3 games to go, plus Scotland-Italy in November.
I think this match is gonna be a deciding game, despite of the classement now, the french look better to qualify, right because of that game. Scotland may play even for a draw, if they beat Ukraine in October, then I think they're at 70% to qualify..............if they don't lose against Italy...............:wink:

Zoomerang96 said:
can you imagine if scotland and england both qualified... man that would be awesome to see in 08. a match between the two that actually meant something.

think there'd be fireworks? :wink:

Imagine if they would go in the same group!

That would be a fine one:

Austria, Germany, England, Scotland

Boy!

1Scotland 21
2Italy 20
3France19

3 games to go, plus Scotland-Italy in November.
I think this match is gonna be a deciding game, despite of the classement now, the french look better to qualify, right because of that game. Scotland may play even for a draw, if they beat Ukraine in October, then I think they're at 70% to qualify..............if they don't lose against Italy...............:wink: [/B]

i can't imagine a tournament without italy or france but scotland now look well placed to maybe advance if they keep this form up.

then again england and france didn't qualify for USA 94 so who knows what might happen...

It would be a tragedy for Italy missing Euro2008, but my feeling is that one between Scotland and Italy stays home. Happy for England they're coming up, but they still have the game in Russia,right?

Great result for Scotland! Yip, the real clincher is going to be the away match in Russia for England, I'm confident we can do it though. I really hope that McClaren is going to field the exact same team but pundits are saying that he might end up throwing in some of the guys that are currently injured. I want to see Becks and Rooney in there but you can't mess with what's working.

the game in russia will probably be difficult cos it's on an artificial pitch so i don't know how the players will respond to that.

sad as it is because he played really well, i think hargreaves should play instead of barry against russia because he is more defensive and if we beat estonia at wembley then a point in russia will be enough to see us through hopefully. i'd probably bring rooney in for heskey but leave beckham out. i'd rather have a real quick winger like SWP or lennon play than becks.

babyman has donadoni ever coached a team before the italy job?

^ He coached Lecco in 4th division, and got fired, coached Genoa in 2nd division and got fired after 2 games, coached Livorno in Serie A two times, and got fired two times..............................are you seeing it now in what kind of hands we are??............

As a player, he was a symbol of Ac Milan one of the best right and left wings they had, but as a coach,he has to eat yet tons of grass and onion!

Donadoni's first act as coach of the nazionale: hire Lucarelli...former Livorno striker...i really can't stand him, but the team is out of form too, nowhere near what we were in 2006...my dream coaches for the job:

Prandelli (but leave him at Fiorentina for now...hes working miracles :wink: )
Ancelloti
Cappelo

babyman said:
It would be a tragedy for Italy missing Euro2008.

i would have thought so too, but with nesta and totti not playing it's not the same for me.

i know they have loads of other great talent to watch, but those two are my favourites by a long shot.

i think scotland should qualify for the quality of their national shirts alone. those are sharp kits they've got! it's nice to see a national kit that has it's logo across the whole shirt as opposed to being confined to a badge.

^ Well, Totti has bad defect, he's too touchy. Before the worldchampionship he went into a very bad accident in a game against Empoli, and he stayed out for almost 4 months. He did such an incredible recovery, but as usual in Italy the journalists can take you to the stars and bash you to hell in the same moment! Totti got a lot of critics during the worldchampionship, and he decided to retire from the nationalteam in those days. He still has screws in his ankle, and he affirmed that he wants to play just for Roma because he does not want other games beside them from his club team, to not take other risks.................it's obviously a clear excuse, you play 5,6,7 times a year for your national team, it's not that impossible bunch of games.................
Totti got the worldcup and said adieu because he can't stand critics. Anyway, how can you critic someone when he comes from a 4 months injury period??? Italian journalists........... :shrug: We have 57million of national coaches in Italy! :wink:

Nesta, he actually is injured every 3-4 games, his whole career is a lawn studded with bad injuries. He really has problems, but actually he got not so good with Donadoni, and prefered to leave.
Luckily Italy has well juniores teams, there's the hope to find some new talents

Back
Top Bottom