Yann Tiersen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I know that the Amelie soundtrack is very popular with lots of people here, but I was wondering what you all think of his other releases (and the Amelie ST too, of course :) ? I didn't even realise that he was a 'proper' recording artist until a year or so ago, but I've really loved everything I've heard by him - especially L'Absente.

What do you all think of him?

Great thread :up:

I love Yann Tiersen! He was very popular in Spain, you could buy all his stuff there. In France I heard him on the radio a lot but he's not known here at all.

I really like his live album, "C'était ici". I listen to it a lot.

Monochrome :up:

If you like Yann Tiersen, you might also want to check out Ludovico Einaudi.

:heart:

I just own the 'Amelie' soundtrack and I love it, my favorite ost ever... :up:

I also have heard the 'Goodbye! Lenin' soundtrack, also great

that' it, I want 'Les Retrouvailles'

I also have the Amelie soundtrack which I very much love.

I still haven't got around to checking out the Goodbye Lenin! sountrack since you recommended it ages ago, b2d.

I also didn't realise he'd released work other than sountracks :der: so I just looked up some of his stuff. He has collaborated with Liz Fraser (amongst many others) on one of his albums - I think Les Retrouvailles- so I shall be checking that out at some point too! :)

Lara Mullen said:

I really like his live album, "C'était ici". I listen to it a lot.

Monochrome :up:

Monochrome is so hypnotic. I can never listen to it just once - always a few times in one go.

Tils, it took me quite a while to figure it out too. I blame it on my sheltered musical existance ;)

beau2ifulday said:

Monochrome is so hypnotic. I can never listen to it just once - always a few times in one go.

:up:

Same here. I always listen to it on repeat when I'm flying to calm my nerves :lol:

has he got any good (school appropriate) songs with vocals in french?

we have to listen to french songs in french class and I'm really really REALLY sick of having to suffer through Celine Dion. :|

she said if we could find something better...

Has anyone heard Les Retrouvailles? I'm very interested in purchasing it but it's really pricey so I'm a bit torn.

Only have L'Absente with the live disc...awesome stuff. I also have a few live tracks he did with Neil Hannon, the guy who sings on Les Jours Tristes (also where my username comes from LJT), such as Life On Mars.

Back
Top Bottom