XX Olympic Winter Games - Torino, Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:

This is going to be a massacre. You may not want to watch. :huh:

My prediction: 13-0. Italy gets a grand total of 2 shots all game. :|

Well, being Ice Hockey probably the ONE AND ONLY sport where you can beat us..........................I hope even for a 15-0.......................

:wink: :wink:

Did anyone else mind that they were playing disco from the eighties during the Parade of Nations? I thought that was rather tacky.....maybe they shouldn't have played music, period. Also I didn't recognize the Israeli ice dancer Galit Chait, who was carrying the Israeli flag, out of a costume. :reject: Then Carolina Kostner came in carrying the Italian flag at the end of the Parade.
Just got word about the Canadian gold medal in moguls by e-mail.

The U.S. has its first gold medal. Chad Hedrick won the gold in the 5,000 meters in speed skating. He's scheduled to compete in four more races. Maybe he'll equal Eric Heiden's five gold medals in Lake Placid.

babyman said:

Wasn't it 70's disco music?

Well, actually yes. Did you catch the comment about the Slovenian delegation and the song "YMCA"? If they'd been playing eighties music I guess it would have been Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet.

In other news, in the pairs short program, pairs skaters Rena Inoue and John Baldwin just hit the first throw triple Axel in the history of the Olympics. I don't know their placement, I'm waiting for tonight for that.

Italian commentator: "It's 8 minutes that Canada doesn't score us a goal, that's already a triumph!"................:huh:

Stupid wanker, we're losing 7-0, what the hell do you want more?!?!?

NBC is the shittiest broadcast network as far as the Olympics are concerned. I feel sorry that you guys in the US have to watch it.

While medals are being given out and there is live competition, they're showing Bode Miller's practice runs. Grim.

Speaking of Bode - can't stand him or his elephantine ego.

Did anyone else watching the CAN-ITA hockey game just catch Vertigo being played on the arena pipe organ? :laugh:

Oh, and babyman, we regularly kick Italy's ass at many sports. You can beat us at soccer and F1 racing. Woo! :wink:

NBC's coverage has already raised my pulse. Last night they showed the opening ceremonies on tape delay but showed an hour of fluff before. I haven't been watching this afternoon as I don't have a TV in my computer room. But yeah, Olympic coverage in the U.S. is always terrible.

Last edited:
It's strange that such a huge competition is being so maltreated by NBC, is there any good reason for this? I'm wondering actually, isn't there any other channel broadcasting the Olympic games live in USA?

anitram said:
NBC is the shittiest broadcast network as far as the Olympics are concerned. I feel sorry that you guys in the US have to watch it.

While medals are being given out and there is live competition, they're showing Bode Miller's practice runs. Grim.

Speaking of Bode - can't stand him or his elephantine ego.

:yes:

or fluff pieces on Bode Miller :mad:

I don't know much about him, but thanks to NBC I already hate him *grrrrrrrr*.

Oh, speaking of hate, it's the first appearance of NBC commentator Al Trautwig :banghead:.

phanan said:
No, only the channels associated with the NBC network (CNBC, Universal HD, etc.) are giving it to us in the USA.

You'd think they would have learned how to do this by now.

WOW! :shocked:
The Olympic Games aren't gettin broadcasted live in USA?!?!
Oh, my, I would have never thought it!
Here in Italy there's a channel where they're broadcasting it for 24h, and it's not because we're hosting the games, it's usual in Italy, there's always a channel broadcasting such competitions live all day long

The Canadian women's hockey team would also beat the Italian men. :wink:

NBC never runs anything live. Usually they have a block of programing in the evening which is about 80% fluff, like a Hallmark movie of the week.

anitram said:
The Canadian women's hockey team would also beat the Italian men. :wink:

The funny thing is that it is true!

:wink:

Ah, Ice Hockey is not a thing for Italy, we have just 400 players in the whole country, we have no tradition in this. The italian commentator said that Canada counts more than 60.000 Ice Hockey practising, is it true? Wow..................You probably play more Hockey than doing sex!

:wink:

babyman said:

The italian commentator said that Canada counts more than 60.000 Ice Hockey practising, is it true?

That's only women - about 62,000.

There are also about 530,000 boys playing hockey...

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom