XTC Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asr

Acrobat
About Andy Partridge and Co. of Slough, England?

Great songwriters lost in the wave of other British bands' successes.

My favorite albums are Drums and Wires, English Settlment, Black Sea, and Skylarking.

I only own three albums of theirs, but they're all really good:

1. Apple Venus, Vol. 1 - 8.8/10
2. Skylarking - 8.6/10
3. Oranges And Lemons - 8.1/10

Fuck yes. One of the best bands that for some unexplicable reason aren't more popular.

Drums & Wires is probably my favorite as well, although Apple Venus Vol. 1, Skylarking, Black Sea, and The Big Express are up there, too. Hell, pretty much everything after the first two albums I absolutely love. Probably one of my favorite bands.

Just let me say this as well - "Complicated Game" is a hell of a way to end an album. Utterly cathartic song.

I need to get some of the older stuff. I only have everything from Skylarking onward.

And part of the band's lack of popularity has to be attributed to their failure to play live.

I was there the night Andy called it quits. I'd seen them before and it was rollicking. :up:

The second time, the opening act played, and then we all waited for a very very long time. Andy just decided that he wasn't going to perform and we all went home.

I was with two girlfriends and we went home early. My brother was home and took an especial liking to one of my friends. :sexywink: So I guess we can thank Mr. Partridge for my niece. :D

Back to topic, I only have English Settlement on cd. I have other vinyl I think.

I'm enough of a fan to just have the Upsy Daisy Assortment hits CD, but I've always admired their way around pop sensibilities.

Lane Kim and Rory G. are big XTC fans, I know that.

I really like the few songs I've heard by them.

Especially the song Dear God.

Dear God that song is great. :up:

Back
Top Bottom