WWE and other wrestling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i have, its :drool:

in it is:
WrestleMania 20 on DVD (still sealed, i bought WM20 seperate to watch)
5 photos
replica ticket
poster
badge
ticket/backstage pass holder

and a free programme

came in a collectors box that is limited to 6000 worldwide. i got number 3177

i'll try to get some photos of it later

i got an WrestleMania 19 poster

and its signed by:

McMahon
Hogan
Austin
Angle
Trish
Torrie
Undertaker
Rock
Booker T
HBK
Jericho
Brock Lesnar

i'll get some photos of that too :D

a friend of mine got me it.

i have looked on auction.ww.com, you can get cool stuff from there, but the prices are :faint:

^ Rip - off man! :tsk:

Some of the wrestlers do autograph sessions. Better to buy merchandise itself then wait for them to come to th UK than pay crap loads of money like that!

waynetravis said:
i got an WrestleMania 19 poster

and its signed by:

McMahon
Hogan
Austin
Angle
Trish
Torrie
Undertaker
Rock
Booker T
HBK
Jericho
Brock Lesnar

i'll get some photos of that too :D

No HHH? oh, well.. nothing is perfect.
On the other hand, on that list there is only one person that I dislike. Hogan :reject:

you're a lucky guy... I'm trying to save some money to buy a King of Kings Shirt...

Tyagu_Anaykus said:

No HHH? oh, well.. nothing is perfect.
On the other hand, on that list there is only one person that I dislike. Hogan :reject:

you're a lucky guy... I'm trying to save some money to buy a King of Kings Shirt...

i knew i was missing someone off the list, i didn't have the pic with me so could'nt check.
there are 13 signitures on it including Triple H.
i'll try to take a photo of it in the next few days

i don't like Hogan either, i used too but he just started to get annoying, and he was only there to promote his shit reality show.

Last edited:
Triple H :rockon:

the only smiley i have is this:

18_1_30v.gif

i'll see if i can find some.

what do you guys think when people say that wrestling is fake?

i know that the matches and all that are pre-determined before the shows
but the in ring action is real.

i would'nt call Foley and Edge's match at WM22 fake, would you? :huh:

discuss.

Of course it's fake. But they are trained to take falls just like stuntmen. Which is why many of the moves they do don't hurt them as much as it would an untrained person. The ring is on springs and gives quite a bit to take some of the sting out the contacts too. It is extremely impressive though to see the athleticism displayed by these huge men. One of my favourite wrestlers is Ricky Steambout and back in those days, he had some classic matches which lasted an hour with Ric Flair similar to the rare Ironman matches in the WWE except they did it a bunch of Great American Bash events over and over again during the same summer. Some wrestlers are just big dudes with no skill (Undertaker, Kane, etc)but others are extremely gifted both physically and cardio-wise.( Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit) Also, for anyone who doesn't follow wrestling, most of them work injured and that explains why they disappear for months at a time as they heal from surgery for shoulders, knees, necks, etc.

The blood is real, mixed with sweat for great effect especially since the forehead bleeds real good. Ever get a close up look at Dusty Rhodes' forehead, ewww, scar tissue galore. The tables and chairs are real too and most times they get hit in the meaty parts of their bodys or move with the hit. Foley and his kind are destined to live the rest of their lives on painkillers. When the Rock gave Foley, 10 chairshots in a row a few years back, it was a sickening site to see his head swell up. Sabu, Terry Funk and Foley are just sick in the head along with a few other crazy dudes like Tommy Dreamer. Edge, Randy Orton and Triple H all have had their hardcore moment but can't do it over and over like the true hardcore guys. It is a career killer to be a hardcore wrestler.

I'm an older fan who has been following it since the late 70's when I was a little kid. I hate all the talking they do now, next time you watch the 2-hour RAW, time the actual amount of wrestling and don't count the entrance or exit, just pure wrestling. You will probably be lucky to get 30 minutes or so of actual ring action. I don't watch any PPVs anymore since generally they suck with the odd exception of a handful of matches which normally never include the main event which turns out to be a yawner. I heard Foley vs Edge was great and I think someone said the McMahon match was decent too but the rest blew. Sounds like a typical WM event. After you have seen as much wrestling as me, it takes something special to make you go WOW!!!! Brock Lesnar was one of those things, he had crazy strength and his first cage match with the Undertaker was sick. TLC with the Dudleys, Hardys and Edge/Christian was another. Petey Williams Canadian Destroyer is sick too. I miss ECW too, Mike Awesome vs Tanaka matches were just sickening to watch.

Triple HHH is one of my favourites to watch now especially when he is pissed along with Benoit.

Last edited:
:up: excelent post trevster2k.

When someone says to me that wrestling is fake I just answer that's not the point of watching wrestling. The point is to see those guys performing, or at least trying (damn cena). It's like a movie. You know its fake! But you see it anyway. Why? Because the whole point is to entertain yourself and others...
I guess thats why its called sports entertainment...
And those guys they really put their lifes on the line, even more than any "real" athlete, so give them credit of it.:shrug:

waynetravis said:

i would'nt call Foley and Edge's match at WM22 fake, would you? :huh:

discuss.

GOD, what a match! I went :ohmy: :eek: :shocked: :combust: :bow: :rockon: :camera:
when they hit that flamming table!! :corn:
Amazing!!

Even though I laughed so hard when HBK took the kendo stick and started mocking Shane :lmao:

Shawn Micheals is injured and is under going surgery.
Maybe this could also be part of the build up for the return of DX, have HBK off our screens and then return at Vengeance!

:rockon: DX

trevster2k said:
Of course it's fake. But they are trained to take falls just like stuntmen. Which is why many of the moves they do don't hurt them as much as it would an untrained person. The ring is on springs and gives quite a bit to take some of the sting out the contacts too. It is extremely impressive though to see the athleticism displayed by these huge men. One of my favourite wrestlers is Ricky Steambout and back in those days, he had some classic matches which lasted an hour with Ric Flair similar to the rare Ironman matches in the WWE except they did it a bunch of Great American Bash events over and over again during the same summer. Some wrestlers are just big dudes with no skill (Undertaker, Kane, etc)but others are extremely gifted both physically and cardio-wise.( Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit) Also, for anyone who doesn't follow wrestling, most of them work injured and that explains why they disappear for months at a time as they heal from surgery for shoulders, knees, necks, etc.

The blood is real, mixed with sweat for great effect especially since the forehead bleeds real good. Ever get a close up look at Dusty Rhodes' forehead, ewww, scar tissue galore. The tables and chairs are real too and most times they get hit in the meaty parts of their bodys or move with the hit. Foley and his kind are destined to live the rest of their lives on painkillers. When the Rock gave Foley, 10 chairshots in a row a few years back, it was a sickening site to see his head swell up. Sabu, Terry Funk and Foley are just sick in the head along with a few other crazy dudes like Tommy Dreamer. Edge, Randy Orton and Triple H all have had their hardcore moment but can't do it over and over like the true hardcore guys. It is a career killer to be a hardcore wrestler.

I'm an older fan who has been following it since the late 70's when I was a little kid. I hate all the talking they do now, next time you watch the 2-hour RAW, time the actual amount of wrestling and don't count the entrance or exit, just pure wrestling. You will probably be lucky to get 30 minutes or so of actual ring action. I don't watch any PPVs anymore since generally they suck with the odd exception of a handful of matches which normally never include the main event which turns out to be a yawner. I heard Foley vs Edge was great and I think someone said the McMahon match was decent too but the rest blew. Sounds like a typical WM event. After you have seen as much wrestling as me, it takes something special to make you go WOW!!!! Brock Lesnar was one of those things, he had crazy strength and his first cage match with the Undertaker was sick. TLC with the Dudleys, Hardys and Edge/Christian was another. Petey Williams Canadian Destroyer is sick too. I miss ECW too, Mike Awesome vs Tanaka matches were just sickening to watch.

Triple HHH is one of my favourites to watch now especially when he is pissed along with Benoit.

Great post! :up:

Are you a hardcore wrestling fan?

waynetravis said:
Shawn Micheals is injured and is under going surgery.
Maybe this could also be part of the build up for the return of DX, have HBK off our screens and then return at Vengeance!

:rockon: DX

damn you wayne! I was going to post that and you beat me!! :madspit: :wink: :up:

Hope so, I want more degenerate stuff because I never saw them...

Oh and I'm addicted to the King of Kings song :rockon:

this is really a looooooooong shot.

but did you notice on the poster the DX paint is on Edge and not Cena?
i hope WWE aren't making Cena heel by having in join DX :huh: :no:

I will be honest and say I cant see the entertainment in it? Maybe because I am 34?

As I kid I watched Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, the mad scottish guy and Kendo Nagasaki (or something like that) because it is entertaining for a kid.

It never ceases to amaze me in the modern era of sport entertainment wrestling the amount of adults at the shows who aren't there just to take their kids but are there because they are fans.

Sorry guys, dont mean to dis you and your pastimes but I cant get my head around it.:huh:

PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE security confiscated a sign at RAW last night that read "WE'VE CENA NUFF." When the fan was approached by security, he was told that since it was an anti-Cena sign, it had to go.

:huh:

WrestleView.com: Jeremy Evans sent this in in response to a story yesterday about an anti-John Cena being being taken away by WWE: I attended the Raw in Nashville back on Labor day, and security was taking anti-Cena signs then. We had to sneak in blank signs and sharpies because they were checking at the door.

:lol:

Last edited:
Tyagu_Anaykus;

Interference member, Sarah (circa1992), has an Aunt who works for WWE as an receptionist!!

waynetravis said:
Tyagu_Anaykus;

Interference member, Sarah (circa1992), has an Aunt who works for WWE as an receptionist!!

good maybe she could ask some question to her aunt, no? I would love to see some spoilers!

Yes I noticed that. DX over Edge... I don't know... I just can't see Cena joining DX... And I sure hope not... Even though that could help him, don't you think?

And this what I think... Do you guys think that this DX angle was, apart form HBK and HHH having fun, to take the spotlight from Cena? You know take the pressure of him... Because, since the hints of a DX return Cena's boos are becoming less and less...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom