Worst Christmas Songs Of All Time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
You know em, but you don't love em.

Trainwrecks, absolute messes of classic holiday songs. Anyone have their "favorites"? Is there a song that every year you hear it it just seems to get worse? A song remade by William Shatner that you aren't dying to hear? :barf:

Mine are:

- I Want A Hippopatumus (sp) for Christmas :)censored: annoying!)
- Holly Jolly Christmas (just hate the way the guy sings it)
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (do I have to say more??)
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (everytime I hear it it makes me want to yak, I have NO idea why, lol)

Discuss. :tongue:

I can't stand that "simply havin' a wonderful Christmas time" song by the Beatles or "Blue Christmas." :yuck:

i want a little hippo for Christmas

Hello,

A few weeks ago a Dutch radio station did a survey for the worst Christmas song. The winner (or loser, that depends on how you look at it) was Wham with Last Christmas.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. There are many great Christmas songs recorded the last 40 years. :p

after reading this, i thought i'd be more specific...

simply having a wonderful christmas time: paul mccartney
santa baby: madonna
merry christmas baby: bruce springsteen
winter wonderland: eurythmics (this is solely because i'm fucking sick of it, thanks to my dad for playing it literally for a half hour straight every day, every year)

any depressing christmas song that sounds more like a funeral song. i thought this was supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year! :rant: :)

whenever any teeniebopper group records some lovie dovie "new" christmas song. they're like all oh boo hoo i don't have my baby for christmas type songs. :rolleyes:

meegannie said:
I can't stand that "simply havin' a wonderful Christmas time" song by the Beatles or "Blue Christmas." :yuck:

how dare you, thats the king of rock n roll baby!!!

I'll have a blue......(ohhohhoo) Christmas,,,,,,without you....

:wink:

Santa Baby!

I like most old Christmas songs from the 30s and 40s (I'm hopelessly old-fasioned when it comes to things like Bing Crosby) and carols. But I haven't heard any "new" Christmas songs that I have liked. :no:

I like:

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Coldplay
Maybe This Christmas by Ron Sexsmith
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Jack Johnson
Sweet Secret by Neil Finn
Merry Xmas Everybody by Oasis

uh....that's all I can think of.

Slade - Merry Xmas everybody
Wizzard - I wish it could be Christmas every day
Anything by Paul McCartney
Anything by Cliff Richard

lots more but those are the ones I can think of atm...

I *hate* "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." It's always sung by some purely irritating six-year-old of indeterminate gender with a bad lisp. It is, far and away, my least favorite Christmas song. Although Wham's "Last Christmas" is pretty bad too.

Good ones:

"Christmas Rap" (or whatever it's called) by the Waitresses
"The Christ Child's Lullaby" Shawn Colvin
"Oi to the World" No Doubt
"I Saw Three Ships" Sting
"Children Go Where I Send Thee" Natalie Merchant
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Bruce Springsteen

(and, the absolute champs of Christmas songs)

"Hark the Herald Angels Sing" A Charlie Brown Christmas
"O Holy Night" Nat King Cole

senrab said:
Wonderful Xmas Time - Paul McCartney
Springsteen's version of Santa Baby

:barf: :der:

[color=royal blue]Springsteen did "Santa Baby" ???? That's disturbing!!! I can't stand Madonna's version... but a MAN singing it? That's cracked out... [/color]

Cleasai said:
"Santa Baby"

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! That song is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

One time, I put that song on when we were puttin' up the tree, and my sister started dancin' and lip synchin'...it was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen! I put that on every year now, and she always gets excited and does her little performance. :lmao: I didn't get to see her last Christmas, so I have to make sure I bring the CD with me this year!!!! :D

Hurry down the chimney tooniiight....

MonaVox said:

[color=royal blue]Springsteen did "Santa Baby" ???? That's disturbing!!! I can't stand Madonna's version... but a MAN singing it? That's cracked out... [/color]

It was on the rotation last year in the store I work at. My co-worker and I found it to be verrrry disturbing, too. lolol :lol: :der: :no:

I can't stand christmas music where all the instrumentation is synthetic -- like where they're using Casio synthesizers, or whatever. And that kind of music is ALL over the place. Play some real friggin' horns, piano and guitars, for christ's sake.

We SoCal'ers have KROQ to thank for the "Kevin and Bean" Christmas CD's that they've released the last several years. They've got some really great tracks (including Coldplay's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" on this year's CD). I'm eventually gonna burn a compilation of the KROQ CD's which will give me one kickass xmas album.

yes, "simply, having, a wonderful chritsmas time" is my least favorite. too bad it is from a good artisit. VERY Closey followed by Ricky Martin's garbage.

I also heard "Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey" in the taxi ride from the airport on CHristmas Eve. I found it hilarious, but it is one of those songs that could be easy to hate in about ten minutes.

Back
Top Bottom