Worst Christmas Gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
A gift list that would get Santa fired

A Choice magazine survey of nearly 12,000 people found the worst present to give was an electric ice shaver, joking "apparently hairy ice isn't a big consumer issue."

"It never really worked properly and we always ended up with a big mess and not enough crushed ice to be worth the effort," said one person who owned an electric ice shaver.

A close second was an ice cream maker and the third was a foot spa.

My parents gave me the Friends Board Game (the tv show)once......:coocoo:

I have no idea why, I never even hinted to them that I like the show. Twas an odd choice......

I'd have to say the

"Hanging Santa"

is worst

5490947.jpg
5490946_240X180.jpg

http://www.local6.com/news/5491296/detail.html

A few years ago my brother told me "I didn't know what to get for you."

So he got me nothing. :|

I think the worst christmas present I got was from one of my married friends. Him and his wife gave me a jiggly silver w/glitter candle. I didn't have the heart to tell them I hated it. :slant:

Barunka said:

Oh, it´s sad:sad: :|

Well...at least it fit.

....and didn't clash with anything else I had.

...and didn't have to be returned.

:|

U2Girl1978 said:

That's always the worst thing to get. But it's the thought that counts, right? RIGHT? :shifty:

I don't know.... getting underwear and unwrapped (as in unwrapped from it's packaging) soap is pretty disturbing too.

Some strange gadget you have no idea what it's used for - but the giver just "loves it" :|

My dad and his girlfriend "gave" me a sister... OMG the worst thing, that I can imagine:laugh: But DVD U2 go home made me happy:wink:

U2Girl1978 said:

Yup. I've gotten a lot of bad christmas gifts in my life. :slant:

But the socks comment did remind me of the best Thank You I ever got for a present. The gift was to an adult and he said (in part and I'm paraphrasing) "It's like when you were a kid and were excited about what you got! Not like getting underwear and socks."

That still makes me smile. :)

(and he actually still comments about that gift too, which is really nice. I think I had more fun giving that gift than I do getting gifts now. It's a great feeling being able to make someone else happy.)

....and then I feel justified in buying my own damned gifts! :reject: :wink:

Last edited:
Barunka said:
indra, when you´re 14 aged girl, you´re hate your father:wink:

Oh yeah, I know the feeling. ....well I never was presented with a younger sibling.... I was the younger sib. :D But I remember 14. :yes:

indra said:

Yup. I've gotten a lot of bad christmas gifts in my life. :slant:

But the socks comment did remind me of the best Thank You I ever got for a present. The gift was to an adult and he said (in part and I'm paraphrasing) "It's like when you were a kid and were excited about what you got! Not like getting underwear and socks."

That still makes me smile. :)

(and he actually still comments about that gift too, which is really nice. I think I had more fun giving that gift than I do getting gifts now. It's a great feeling being able to make someone else happy.)

....and then I feel justified in buying my own danmed gifts! :reject: :wink:

I like getting gifts for people. It's fun :)

In my family if when asked what you wanted for Christmas went unanswered, or if you said nothing, that is exactly what you got.

On the other hand, my Ex's family would start compiling Christmas wish lists in August or September and it was a sure thing you'd get everything on your list. What fun was that?

I'd much rather give gifts than receive them. I enjoy buying and wrapping and the thought process that goes into just the right gift to get for people. :wink:

^OMG! Festivus:bow:

my co-teacher and myself started Festivus in the classroom:lmao: all the kids are like :huh: wtf?

:lmao:

DeadMansParty said:
Instead of getting gifts for all of you, Im donating your gift in your name to the " Human Fund".

Happy Festivus!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OMG my sister and I were laffing about this the other night on the phone! She is going to make up Festivus cards and give them out with the donation note in them! :laugh:

Carek1230 said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: OMG my sister and I were laffing about this the other night on the phone! She is going to make up Festivus cards and give them out with the donation note in them! :laugh:

:lmao: omg we going to do that at my work too! We are having our "airing of grievances" next week :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom