Worst 11 Songs... yeah right....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been posted here before. I thought it was pretty damned funny. I've noticed that the negative reviews, especially the really over the top ones, are often very fun to read.

You really think that article is very anti-U2 and anti-Bono? I didn't find that at all. I don't read many interviews or articles on musicians, but I was a bit surprised at how much Bono side-stepped various topics. I didn't find anything particularly offensive and wish he would have answered.

A few things did make me chuckle though -- like his comment about U2 not doing irony...then all of a sudden (in the 90's) oh U2's doing irony. that made me laugh.

I dunno it just seemed to me the person interviewing Bono was more worried about telling him about criticisms and such than about finding out new things. I think those who don't know Bono very well could interpret some of the things he says as just another pompous rock star, even though its just Bono's sense of humor coming in.

No-one has ANY reason to make a fuss over this. Maddox is funny, and if he doesn't like U2, there's very little anyone HERE can do about except whinge and go on about it like he's gonna take it down...!

email him, maybe he'll put you on his next hate mail section...

*ps. not saying that to anyone who posted, before you ask.

just saying

Lemon&Lime said:
He actually said "War kicks ass" :| :huh: :tsk:

I thought that website was hilarious.

It doesn't come as a shock some people don't care for U2. :|

Closer than I would think, in that he's considered sex-crazed, while critics regularly describe U2 as nearly sexless.

I'm deeply insulted to hear you say that, and shocked, and mesmerized. I don't think they could have been to too many U2 shows. You'd have to ask our audience.

I thought this was an interesting/amusin quote

~BrightestStar~ said:
"This song exemplifies the reason I hate songs with lyrics."
(this is from that 11 worst songs guy)

Wow..I guess it's classical all the way then!
( nothing against classical btw)

Not necessarily...one of my favorite instrumental albums was made by my favorite rock singer and lyricist. He (and his bro, who did the album with him) also are very good musicians, and they turned out quite the album, even without lyrics.

indra said:

Not necessarily...one of my favorite instrumental albums was made by my favorite rock singer and lyricist. He (and his bro, who did the album with him) also are very good musicians, and they turned out quite the album, even without lyrics.

billy joel also has a very good classical album...
and who can forget 4th of july???
:)

Back
Top Bottom