World Series: Marlinx VS. Yankees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ah yawn you zoney... she asked a friggin question so i answered

and here we go... the ratings are in, and here are the three lowest rated world series' of all time...

1. 2002- giants vs. angels
2. 2000- mets vs. yankees
3. 2003- marlins vs. yankees

bud selig was right... contract everyone. leave only the cubs and the red sox and let 'em play each other every year

Last edited:
Well then, I'm glad the misfortune of the Red Sox brings you so much joy. It's really a prime example of sportsmanship for you to rub their losses in the faces of the fans. As much as I hate the yankees, I have never, and will never, mock their fans when their team loses, no matter how many times they have done it to me. Nor would I mock any other fans when their teams lose. I just hope that something comes along in your life that brings you joy, so you won't have to get it at the expense of others.

i'm sorry i'm not allowed to have any fun... it's unsportsmanlike. i will never mock a single team, player, fan or person again in my life. i mean afterall, this is sports... it should be taken seriously. no one should ever try to make a joke, have a laugh, or bring some levity to the situation. really... i won't do it anymore... honestly... i sware... no sarcasim here whatsoever...

1918.gif

I'm not saying you can't have any fun, and I wasn't telling you to stop. I was just saying what I think. No need to get so defensive. There's nothing wrong with poking fun at other teams or fans, it just gets a little old when it's the same thing over and over again, ya know what I mean?

But by all means, continue showing pictures of Buckner and Dent and posting 1918. I'm glad doing so makes you happy.

i like this stat better

the marlins have won 2 more world series in the past 7 years then the cubs and red sox have won in 180 years combined

the teams i mock the most of any are the knicks, mets and ny giants... which also happen to be the teams that i root for. i've played sports my whole life... right through college, and continue to be involved now as a coach. i take sports very seriously... but shit... if you can't laugh and joke about sports, then you shouldn't be playing/watching/coaching etc.

and when you make a comment like this...
I just hope that something comes along in your life that brings you joy, so you won't have to get it at the expense of others.
then i'm damn sure gonna respond... and it isn't being defensive, and it has absolutely nothing to do with sportsmanship. i have plenty of things that bring me joy in my life. and i feel sorry for you, that you get annoyed by things like a picture of bucky dent or bill buckner and can't just laugh them off for what they're worth.

here... i'll mock myself instead. at least i can laugh about it
2torre.jpg

I wasn't getting annoyed, my original question was just to ask you if the stat about the Marlins and Sox was necessary, and then I asked why because I was curious. I've been curious for a while now about why people tend to pick out Sox fans to make fun of, not because I'm bitter but because I just want to know what's so appealing about it. Both Chicago baseball teams have longer Series droughts than Boston, but you hardly ever hear things against them (especially ChiSox fans) - in comparison to what you hear about BoSox fans. Maybe it's because Boston fans in general overreact to both wins and losses, and those overreactions are always played on by the media. As a Boston fan, I tend to just take the razzing and not question it because I'm used to it, and I'm really just curious about the reasoning behind it. And to tell you the truth, I did laugh at the pictures of Dent and Buckner because, honestly, they don't bother me. Heck, I even made an error exactly like Buckner's during a little league game 10 years ago and I think it's pretty funny. I didn't mean to make you all upset about this, and I have nothing against you, it's just that your poking fun seemed to have a meaner edge to it than usual, and that's why I said what I did.

sox fans... in general (not all of them) tend to act after they've won a game or two that they're the team with 26 championships, not the one that hasn't won in 85 years. one would think there would be a little more modesty considering their history. it just rubs me the wrong way. before i went to school there, i didn't have an opinon on boston sports fans at all. but after spending time there... they just absolutely despise everything to do with new york that it's actually quite sad and pathetic (again, not eveyone). i wore a jeremey shockey jersey out to a bar when i went up there for alumni weekend, and some local hick guy looked at me and said "you from new york?" and i said yeah and he gave me a dirty look, walked away, and gave me a bump as he did... for no reason other than that i was from new york. there's a big inferiority complex going on up there, and thus where my hatred and mockery has come from. i hope this explains myself a little more.

Last edited:
U2girl02 said:
I wasn't getting annoyed, my original question was just to ask you if the stat about the Marlins and Sox was necessary, and then I asked why because I was curious. I've been curious for a while now about why people tend to pick out Sox fans to make fun of, not because I'm bitter but because I just want to know what's so appealing about it. Both Chicago baseball teams have longer Series droughts than Boston, but you hardly ever hear things against them (especially ChiSox fans) - in comparison to what you hear about BoSox fans.

i think the only reason you think people only tend to make fun of red sox fans is because you are in boston and a red sox fan, so obviously you will hear more insults towards them, and be more sensitive to it because you are such a fan.

to be honest i think making fun of the cubs streak and their fans ir more prevelant than making fun of the red sox. but thats probably because im in st louis and we are their rivals so those are the kinds of things i hear about.

so my point is, every team has rivals and other teams fans will make fun of them for something, the best thing to make fun of the red sox about is the curse, so thats why you hear about it a lot.

so thats just a part of all of sports and so you really shouldnt think the majority of bad comments are just for the red sox, every team has bad things said about them, but youll only pay attention to the comments made about your team.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
sox fans... in general (not all of them) tend to act after they've won a game or two that they're the team with 26 championships, not the one that hasn't won in 85 years. one would think there would be a little more modesty considering their history.

haha, thats exactly the same with cubs fans

here's your baseball trivia question of the day...

i was drafted out of high school by the new york yankees in 1998. but the free spending yankees only offered me a 1 million dollar contract, when i was asking for 1.5 million. so i said screw the yankees, turned down the contract and went to college instead. who am i?

and on a side note... the Florida Marlins, in 10 years of existance, have 2 more world championships than the Red Sox have in the past 85 years.
On a side side note, your side note to be fair should also mention the current droughts of the White Sox and Cubs, both longer than the Red Sox.

And big congrats to the Marlins.
Steinbrenner was seen buying dynamite yesterday to blow up the Yankee coachinmg staff.

i was drafted out of high school by the new york yankees in 1998. but the free spending yankees only offered me a 1 million dollar contract, when i was asking for 1.5 million. so i said screw the yankees, turned down the contract and went to college instead. who am i?

josh beckett?

You of course are none other thatn David Gest, aka Mr. Liza Minelli.

let's not go nuts over beckett just yet... yeah, he was great in the post season... but he only won 9 games this year. until he does it over a full season, i'm still taking prior.

oh ive alreay gone nuts

prior choked in his last star, beckett thrived, thats all i need to know

well it was 5 runs total, and that was good enough to lose

even the stats you listed arent that great for him

beckett pitched a complete game shutout in the world series in a game they had to win, on 3 days rest no less

im just saying, beckett has proven he steps up in the big games, while prior just does what is average for him

like i said, give me the guy who will step up his game when it matters most

Back
Top Bottom