World Cup Draw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vorsprung said:
I think we got a great group (C)... Four teams with good offensive qualities that also want to play in a more offensive way.
It's probably the toughest group , but we're capable of defeating all of them. Besides, we have to beat everyone anyway if we want to become World Champion.

PS: Why are the Germans always so damn lucky? :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am looking forward to a rematch of that very unfair France 1998 match... and hope to relive some of the 1978 magic :evil:

Damn Pele who drew Argentina and Holland in the same group... :tsk:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Dennis. Bergkamp. :drool:

Pure luck.

Will not happen again.

This is more accurate:

picfinz.jpg

Quote me on it.

Go Argentina!!!

roy keane said:
Argentina will lose against Serbia

Serbia beating Argentina...

:D

:lmao:

Sorry, my friend, I think Serbia would have had a good shot of making it through the first round, but not in this group. Only if you beat Holland...

We have learnt our 2002 lesson.

Argentina was much stronger in 2002 and what happened? Don't get me wrong , you have certenly better team then Serbia but you don't have discipline and good atmosphere in team and you will for sure underestimate us . But you will beat Holland.

the rockin edge said:

which was?

Thou shall not suck in the first round.

Thou shall be more humble and play as team.

Favorites shall not win World Cups.

Oh, and most importantly...

best time to meet with England is in the quarterfinals... :evil:

Last edited:
roy keane said:
Argentina was much stronger in 2002 and what happened? Don't get me wrong , you have certenly better team then Serbia but you don't have discipline and good atmosphere in team and you will for sure underestimate us . But you will beat Holland.

That is exactly the point... this team is much more humble and they know that they do not come as favorites like we did in 2002, where we thought we had already won the Cup. This time around we have several younger players that, in my humble opinion, will make a difference and do a much better job than 2002.

I always remember the group we got in 1986: Italy, Bulgaria and Korea.

Don't get me wrong, I very much look forward to the Argentina - Serbia match. I think the first two matches in the group will be critical as both of the teams have to win them.

the rockin edge said:

:up: to the first 2

weren't brazil the favorites last time?

Not really.

They barely qualified last time around (I think they were third in the South American qualifiers) and did not come as the superpower like they are today. After all, Ronaldinho was 19-years old at that time.

Regardless, Brazil is always Brazil. And, much to my regret, they have the quality, depth and luck to make it very far... again.

U2@NYC said:

Not really.

They barely qualified last time around (I think they were third in the South American qualifiers) and did not come as the superpower like they are today. After all, Ronaldinho was 19-years old at that time.

Regardless, Brazil is always Brazil. And, much to my regret, they have the quality, depth and luck to make it very far... again.

oh, ok

Brazil :madwife:

One thing that many people overlooked is that the two that make it out of group C (Argentina, Holland, Serbia, Ivory Coast) will face the first two of Group D, arguably the weakest in the competition (Mexico, Portugal, Angola and Iran) so they have a relatively easy ticket to the quarterfinals... :up:

On the other hand, Brazil may end up facing Italy or the Czech Republic in the round of 16... :evil:

U2@NYC said:
One thing that many people overlooked is that the two that make it out of group C (Argentina, Holland, Serbia, Ivory Coast) will face the first two of Group D, arguably the weakest in the competition (Mexico, Portugal, Angola and Iran) so they have a relatively easy ticket to the quarterfinals... :up:

On the other hand, Brazil may end up facing Italy or the Czech Republic in the round of 16... :evil:

true

and there's no 'may' about brazil playing the czechs or italy:wink:

the rockin edge said:

true

and there's no 'may' about brazil playing the czechs or italy:wink:

Yup, and England needs to win its group. Otherwise, they may have to face Germany in the round of 16.

UltraVioletMofo said:
woo more people that care. I wish there was a place locally I could go and drink and enjoy the draw with people. instead its me driving my wife nuts with news and tidbits I find on the net.

She will become a fan of the game.. oh yes she will

aheem .. i will, will i? bet you didn't think i'd notice this dear. :ohmy:

your not driving me crazy yet :rolleyes: just know i'm not staying up to watch the games in the middle of the night again :yawn:

:heart:

the rockin edge said:

aren't Denmark and Sweden big rivals? :scratch:

:yes:, but only when we are actually in the same tournament, if only one of us makes it, we support eachother, like brothers.

....and Johan Elmander plays in my club :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom