Word or Phrase that Just Kills You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a guy on one of the game's I play that everytime he dies, he spits out, "Crud"....:lol: who uses this these days?

I like "twit" and "fool" :shrug: Not sure why, but I use them quite alot.

It annoys me when people say "at the end of the day", as some sort of vague attempt to sound intellectual or something - anyway, it doesn't work and it's such an overused phrase it gets on my nerves.

ha ha! I like that one more than "Va-jay-jay."

I also have started replacing my usual "f-word" curse with "fart." Particularly at work. :wink:

After asking someone to do something and the person doesn't respond in any way, I like saying "Did I sutter?" That usually gets them to respond. :wink:

Y'all.

At first I found it amusing but after a while it get's a little annoying after you hear it all the time.

BonoManiac walks into a gas station store in New Orleans.

Station Clerk: How y'all doing?

BonoManiac: Huh? Me? Are you talking to me? (looks around to see if there's anyone else around)

Station Clerk: Yes, I'm talking to you.

BonoManiac: Oh. I'm fine. I'm really loving New Orleans.

Clerk: Y'all from out of town? Where y'all from?

BonoManiac: (Pause) Oh....yeah. I'm from out of town. I'm from Canada.

Clerk: Where y'all staying?

Anyway, you get the gist of it. It was cute at first but after a while.... I shouldn't complain because I'm the stereotypical Canadian that says "Eh" after almost every sentence.

:wink:

People who say "Do what?" when they didn't hear what was said.

I didn't ask you to do anything! I asked why you're such an a-hole.

Oh, and "disrespect" as a verb.

Last edited:
BonoManiac said:
Y'all.

At first I found it amusing but after a while it get's a little annoying after you hear it all the time.

BonoManiac walks into a gas station store in New Orleans.

Station Clerk: How y'all doing?

BonoManiac: Huh? Me? Are you talking to me? (looks around to see if there's anyone else around)

Station Clerk: Yes, I'm talking to you.

BonoManiac: Oh. I'm fine. I'm really loving New Orleans.

Clerk: Y'all from out of town? Where y'all from?

BonoManiac: (Pause) Oh....yeah. I'm from out of town. I'm from Canada.

Clerk: Where y'all staying?

Anyway, you get the gist of it. It was cute at first but after a while.... I shouldn't complain because I'm the stereotypical Canadian that says "Eh" after almost every sentence.

:wink:

Usually a Southerner won't say "y'all" to just one person!

Snowlock said:
People who say "Do what?" when they didn't hear what was said.

I didn't ask you to do anything! I asked why you're such an a-hole.

Oh, and "disrespect" as a verb.

:up:

One thing I really hate is when you're talking to someone (especially online) and they respond with "Right." And that's it. That's all. Nothing else. Just that. :scream:

right...

"what can I do you for" - annoying
"at this point in time" - argghhh
"can I interrupt you for a minute" - it's never a minute
"I know you're leaving for the day" - so why are you buggin' me?
people who sign every email with "have a great day" - crap
people who call every person by one name - got a guy at work who calls everyone "Chief" - even the women - WTF

have a great day

Maybe it's just because I'm in high school that I hear this a lot, but I hate it when people answer everything with "stupid" at the end of their sentences. For example, you ask a question like "What was the homework last night?" and they go "Page 50, stupid".

I also despise your mom jokes. They were funny a couple years ago, and still can be, but when people just have no come back and resort to a your mom joke, I don't even bother answering them. They actually think they're being clever....and I can rant all day about that.

Anyone who uses internet lingo in a normal conversation deserves a place in Hell. It's that simple.

lol, wtf, and j/k belong online, not in real life!

starsgoblue said:
When someone knows they are about to say something assholish by prefacing it with, "I'm just saying..."
It makes me want to punch a baby. (I hope it doesn't kill anyone here to hear Dane Cook quotes :wink: )

Or "no offense..." but you're a complete cunt. :) As if by putting "no offense" in front of something will make it somehow less offensive :angry:

No offense, but I'm going to shoot you in the face if you say it again.

Total U2 Nut said:

Or "no offense..." but you're a complete cunt. :) As if by putting "no offense" in front of something will make it somehow less offensive :angry:

No offense, but I'm going to shoot you in the face if you say it again.

But if someone says "With all due respect," then it is okay. It's in the Geneva Conventions. Look it up!

Back
Top Bottom