Woodenbong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Order them from Amazon and I think you can score them all for around AUS$80-90.

Still not sure if I want to buy them or just download the songs I don't have.

I would totally do it, but the company I've been using that supplies my credit card has gone under and now I have no credit card, and I don't want to apply for one at a bank. (I was using a prepaid credit card)

:hmm: I feel like ONE song is missing

:hmm: Can't imagine what that ONE song could be...

:laugh:

Besides my own dislike of it, I simply just don't think it fits anywhere in that tracklisting. You could possibly force it in around Slow Dancing, but I still feel it would sound out of place.

In my revised U2 history, I use it as a b-side. These are my Achtung singles:

1. The Fly/Night And Day/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)/The Lounge Fly Mix [October 1991]
2. Mysterious Ways/Salome/Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix) [November 1991]
3. Wild Irish Rose/One/So Cruel [March 1992]
4. Until The End Of The World/I Feel Free/Take You Down [June 1992]
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing/Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World/Ultra Violet [August 1992]

I would totally do it, but the company I've been using that supplies my credit card has gone under and now I have no credit card, and I don't want to apply for one at a bank. (I was using a prepaid credit card)

Ah, that's shit. I don't need my own credit card, so I just have a dependent card on my mother's account and pay her back on the rare occasion that I actually need to use it (like ... once a month if that).

:laugh:

Besides my own dislike of it, I simply just don't think it fits anywhere in that tracklisting. You could possibly force it in around Slow Dancing, but I still feel it would sound out of place.

In my revised U2 history, I use it as a b-side. These are my Achtung singles:

1. The Fly/Night And Day/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)/The Lounge Fly Mix [October 1991]
2. Mysterious Ways/Salome/Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix) [November 1991]
3. Wild Irish Rose/One/So Cruel [March 1992]
4. Until The End Of The World/I Feel Free/Take You Down [June 1992]
5. Even Better Than The Real Thing/Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World/Ultra Violet [August 1992]

I don't even know half of those b-sides :reject:

Hey all :wave:

Ended up getting my first filling ever at the dentist today...:(

And Axver if I do try to get a Band League going do you think the best way to start it would be with a thread where people suggest five or ten bands to be in it, then putting the ones that get the most suggestions in the highest league?

I'm very proud of my alternate JT. RHMT --> OTH sounds amazing, and this is the only way I play the album now.

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Running To Stand Still
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. Mothers Of The Disappeared

I like that, but I'd want to put in Beautiful Ghost before Streets, and find a way to put in Walk To The Water somewhere... Thoughts?

Same goes for my alternate Achtung, really. It's a shame there's no full band Slow Dancing, as that's what I envisage using for this, but the Bono and Edge one from the Stay single works acceptably enough (or you can just cut it and go WGRYWH --> WIR).

1. Zoo Station
2. Until The End Of The World
3. The Fly
4. Even Better Than The Real Thing
5. Mysterious Ways
6. Lady With The Spinning Head
7. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. Slow Dancing
10. Wild Irish Rose
11. Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1
12. Acrobat
13. Love Is Blindness

What the hell, I don't have Wild Irish Rose!

Ah, that's shit. I don't need my own credit card, so I just have a dependent card on my mother's account and pay her back on the rare occasion that I actually need to use it (like ... once a month if that).

Yeah, I could do that I suppose... I feel better if it's my own or someone does it on my behalf, rather than risking my parents' card.

I don't even know half of those b-sides :reject:

I'm guessing these are the ones you may not recognise?

Night And Day: Cole Porter cover, used on the Red Hot And Blue compilation. Steel String remix was on the One single.
Salome: EBTTRT b-side.
I Feel Free: Early UTEOTW on Axtung Beibi.
Take You Down: Axtung Beibi track that became The Fly, LWTSH, Ultra Violet, and also contains the lyric "wake up, wake up dead man".

And Axver if I do try to get a Band League going do you think the best way to start it would be with a thread where people suggest five or ten bands to be in it, then putting the ones that get the most suggestions in the highest league?

John :wave:!

When did you even go to sleep last night :ohmy: Then you had to go to the dentist too :(.

I'm guessing these are the ones you may not recognise?

Night And Day: Cole Porter cover, used on the Red Hot And Blue compilation. Steel String remix was on the One single.
Salome: EBTTRT b-side.
I Feel Free: Early UTEOTW on Axtung Beibi.
Take You Down: Axtung Beibi track that became The Fly, LWTSH, Ultra Violet, and also contains the lyric "wake up, wake up dead man".

well yeah that explains why I don't know 'em. Don't have Axtung :(

But I also don't know Wild Irish Rose :reject:

:wave:

Lucky bastard - I've had too many fillings. Well, I think six. Of which three were in the same tooth, since the first dentist botched it and I've had to get it redone twice.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to start it, since it would probably be the best way to ensure the competing bands are recognisable. Might be a good idea to get phanan's input too - he may have some good suggestions.

I like that, but I'd want to put in Beautiful Ghost before Streets, and find a way to put in Walk To The Water somewhere... Thoughts?

What the hell, I don't have Wild Irish Rose!

I have a mix somebody made that puts Streets and Beautiful Ghost together as "Beautiful Streets". It's amazing. As for WTTW, I personally wouldn't use it, but if you're desperate for it, I'd slot it between Luminous Times and Spanish Eyes.

And I'll e-mail WIR to you.

Ohhh Ash! I called you from downstairs last night at like midnight or so... cause I was watching mtv and guess what came on..................... Ok ok Ill tell you.... SPONGEOB SQUAREPANTS!!!! I dont know why but it did. It was crrrrrazy!:D

what! What?! WHY!? They're not going to like, make an after hours adultish spongebob like they did with Ren and Stimpy are they?!

what! What?! WHY!? They're not going to like, make an after hours adultish spongebob like they did with Ren and Stimpy are they?!
That could be kind of cool. But also it could get raunchy like Ren and Stimpy. And Spongebob's better innocent.

But I also don't know Wild Irish Rose :reject:

It's a song U2 recorded around the RAH era. Never officially released. We only have it because it was played on some Irish music documentary around 1991.

WTF is Axtung Beibi? Explain pls.

You don't know about Axtung Beibi: The Salome Out-takes?! During the Achtung sessions, somebody knicked the band's tapes from Hansa studios and released them well before Achtung ever came out. It has demos and early versions of various songs like Acrobat with alternate lyrics and an instrumental EBTTRT, plus it has a swag of unreleased ideas - some fairly complete, some very sketchy. The largest version is 7 CDs (of which the last three are mainly worthless drum tracks and stuff), the typical version is 3 CDs, and for most people, the 1 CD version is the best idea as it acts as a good summary of the worthwhile material.

:wave:

Lucky bastard - I've had too many fillings. Well, I think six. Of which three were in the same tooth, since the first dentist botched it and I've had to get it redone twice.

Yeah, that's probably the best way to start it, since it would probably be the best way to ensure the competing bands are recognisable. Might be a good idea to get phanan's input too - he may have some good suggestions.

Yeah my teeth have been pretty good for most of my life (somehow); my mouth is still numb and feels weird right now

And yeah it would hopefully mean people knew the bands and would encourage people to take part in it; and yeah Phanan might have some ideas, generally does lol

I have a mix somebody made that puts Streets and Beautiful Ghost together as "Beautiful Streets". It's amazing. As for WTTW, I personally wouldn't use it, but if you're desperate for it, I'd slot it between Luminous Times and Spanish Eyes.

And I'll e-mail WIR to you.

Thanks! I ended up putting WTTW after Spanish Eyes, but we'll see how that goes.

So my further enhanced, highly experimental versions of your Alt JT and Alt Achtung are:

Achtung:

Zoo Station
Until the End of the World
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Lady With The Spinning Head
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Lounge Fly Mix
Salome (these two are experimental, I'll see how they go)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Slow Dancing
Wild Irish Rose
One (trying to see if this works here)
Alex Descends Into Hell...
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness (had to keep the finishing trinity)

Joshua Tree:

Beautiful Ghost
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Luminous Times
Spanish Eyes
Walk to the Water
In God's Country
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
One Tree Hill
Exit
Mothers of the Disappeared

Yeah my teeth have been pretty good for most of my life (somehow); my mouth is still numb and feels weird right now

And yeah it would hopefully mean people knew the bands and would encourage people to take part in it; and yeah Phanan might have some ideas, generally does lol

My teeth are actually surprisingly good besides those fillings, especially given how I'm rather lax on dental care sometimes. Never had to have any other treatments done. I'd hate to have braces or my wisdom teeth removed or anything like that.

Probably a safe bet U2 will 1. be in the top division and 2. stay there. :wink:

You don't know about Axtung Beibi: The Salome Out-takes?! During the Achtung sessions, somebody knicked the band's tapes from Hansa studios and released them well before Achtung ever came out. It has demos and early versions of various songs like Acrobat with alternate lyrics and an instrumental EBTTRT, plus it has a swag of unreleased ideas - some fairly complete, some very sketchy. The largest version is 7 CDs (of which the last three are mainly worthless drum tracks and stuff), the typical version is 3 CDs, and for most people, the 1 CD version is the best idea as it acts as a good summary of the worthwhile material.
Ooh. Sounds interesting.

My teeth are actually surprisingly good besides those fillings, especially given how I'm rather lax on dental care sometimes. Never had to have any other treatments done. I'd hate to have braces or my wisdom teeth removed or anything like that.

Probably a safe bet U2 will 1. be in the top division and 2. stay there. :wink:

Be silent. I've had braces and 7 teeth removed at once (all of which happened around the same time, ie I had braces on when the teeth were removed) and it is NOT FUN.

Alex Descends Into Hell...
One (trying to see if this works here)
Ultra Violet
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness (had to keep the finishing trinity)

No no no! Don't do this! I promise you, Alex Descends --> Acrobat is one of the best combinations I've ever created. Everybody who's tried it has come back with glowing comments.

If you really badly want One and Ultra Violet, I'd suggest this:

WGRYWH
Slow Dancing
Ultra Violet
One
Wild Irish Rose
Alex Descends
Acrobat
Love Is Blindness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back