Woodcock, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, his review of Uncut wasn't quite what I was expecting. He states that it's similar to Q, but Q is much more lightweight and more likely to talk about Kylie Minogue. No, as Uncut is now, it's essentially identical to Mojo.

He did write the article nearly 4 years ago...perhaps times have changed?

Ian [lastnamehere] is contemplating the cost of a rush trip to Sydney...I"m assuming the Warriors won?

:scratch: is tool a band or so?

I'll let you off the hook since you're from the Netherlands. Let's just say that Tool fans are the bane of non-indie music forums. They give atheists a bad name. They think they are the greatest people in the history of the world and that if you do not like Tool, you are wrong. How do I know this so well? Because I was a Tool fan when I was 15, and I was a fucking knob back then.

Uh, there are exceptions though, like Ali. She likes Tool, and she has none of the badness found in most Tool fans.

I'll let you off the hook since you're from the Netherlands. Let's just say that Tool fans are the bane of non-indie music forums. They give atheists a bad name. They think they are the greatest people in the history of the world and that if you do not like Tool, you are wrong. How do I know this so well? Because I was a Tool fan when I was 15, and I was a fucking knob back then.

Uh, there are exceptions though, like Ali. She likes Tool, and she has none of the badness found in most Tool fans.

:uhoh: sounds like a nice bunch of guys....

almost like Coldplay fans :happy:

Radiohead Sucks

"The fans found it hard to articulate what exactly they were missing when they listened to Kid A and Amnesiac; what it was, of course, was the fact that all the tunes had been cleverly removed. Radiohead had made two albums that superficially resembled music but really weren't music at all. So, in order to drum up public interest in their next album, they made the outlandish claim it would contain actual tunes and, if we were lucky, perhaps guitar playing which conformed to some sort of pattern. The carrot at the end of this stick was kept tantalizingly out of reach, of course. "Hail to the Thief" (a title which they bought off of Don Henley for a copy of Stupid White Men and a new cardboard box) was released this year directly into the cable modems of a million greasy social deviants who loved it almost enough to buy it. The album contains, when we're lucky, primitive, one-celled predecessors of tunes that with a few million years of evolution might be able to fill up a 5 second cell phone ringtone."

Down 13-6 at halftime and looking fucked....went on to win 30-13.

Maybe this time it was a reverse luck thing. I mean,last week, your Warriors miraculously win, the next Day (same day technically) Carlos Zambrano pitches a no-hitter against a team that had previously won 14 out of 15 games, and assuring a play-off spot

Today, The Cubs come back from a 6-2 deficit to win it 7-6 in the 12th inning making them 2 games out of clinching the division. Then suddenly your Warriors ave a miraculous comeback game as well.

I feel like our fortunes are linked Ian :wink:

Fuck yeah!

Geelong won tonight, too. No surprises. But still, it sort of looked like there might actually be some competition in the GF this time around, since they only won by, er, 39 points.

Heh. I'd love to see a close AFL Grand Final. Two of the best sporting events I've seen were the two West Coast/Sydney finals a few years back.

God, I have no idea what the Warriors are going to do next. They have to play the team that beat them 52-6 in the third or fourth week, and 20-14 when we threw the game away, but at the SFS, not their normal home ground. If we actually pull out a win next week, which I'm thinking about attending, I'll have to go to Sydney AGAIN, and I'll be financially crippled.

Heh. I'd love to see a close AFL Grand Final. Two of the best sporting events I've seen were the two West Coast/Sydney finals a few years back.

God, I have no idea what the Warriors are going to do next. They have to play the team that beat them 52-6 in the third or fourth week, and 20-14 when we threw the game away, but at the SFS, not their normal home ground. If we actually pull out a win next week, which I'm thinking about attending, I'll have to go to Sydney AGAIN, and I'll be financially crippled.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to manage a week off of school if the world series happens for me *not saying it will on powerful forces of Jinx and fate, I'm just saying the possibility exists and I'm not sure how to handle it.*

Maybe this time it was a reverse luck thing. I mean,last week, your Warriors miraculously win, the next Day (same day technically) Carlos Zambrano pitches a no-hitter against a team that had previously won 14 out of 15 games, and assuring a play-off spot

Today, The Cubs come back from a 6-2 deficit to win it 7-6 in the 12th inning making them 2 games out of clinching the division. Then suddenly your Warriors ave a miraculous comeback game as well.

I feel like our fortunes are linked Ian :wink:

It's a siiiiiign.

If we beat Manly next week I'm going to call the Cubs into the World Series.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure Coldplay fans still exist. Sure, you get the odd person here who seems to enjoy listening to them, but one such as a hardcore Coldplay fan who listens to their albums regularly and looks like a fat Chris Martin, you know that's just a made up concept, it's like the Boogeyman/Boogeymen for U2 fans.

Interesting fact: a Coldplay fan named Ed is Dead is currently typing essentially the same thing on some forum called Intervention or some shit, although they would describe the boogeyman U2 fan as a rakish Bono.

It's a siiiiiign.

If we beat Manly next week I'm going to call the Cubs into the World Series.

:lol: I think I might have to become a technical fan of the Warriors over this. Not that I understand Rugby in the slightest, nor have any idea when they ever even play, or have any way of ever seeing any of their games :happy:

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to manage a week off of school if the world series happens for me *not saying it will on powerful forces of Jinx and fate, I'm just saying the possibility exists and I'm not sure how to handle it.*

I have a big motherfucking assignment due Monday week, I haven't started, and another biggish one due at a similar time....and I'm still checking Air New Zealand, Emirates, Qantas, etc.

Some things are so much more important than education.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure Coldplay fans still exist. Sure, you get the odd person here who seems to enjoy listening to them, but one such as a hardcore Coldplay fan who listens to their albums regularly and looks like a fat Chris Martin, you know that's just a made up concept, it's like the Boogeyman/Boogeymen for U2 fans.

Leadsinger of a UK Coldplay Tribute band that I just now found on google. I'm sure more research would turn up an overweight such person.

http://www.coldplace.co.uk/images/bamboo/CotswoldBamboo076.jpg
CotswoldBamboo076.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom