Wolf Parade. The new arcade fire? well, maybe they're just awesome.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i saw them on friday, and were great. they opened with you are a runner... and it hauled ASS.

that song is way, way better live. that choppy beat is 7ust DELICIOUS.

an absolutel DELIGHT.

NAAAAAAAATURE!

*daddy documentary update*

The other Montreal bands my dad saw were The Dears, Godspeed You! and Black Emperor.

I've yet to give them a listen, but the odds are heavy that they don't suck

montreal is the new london/nyc hip scene.

unreal how good that city's been in producing great bands lately.

not to mention it's the 7ewel of canada, imo.

dude, where's your arcade fire review?

some of us are waiting.

hello???!?!

lmjhitman said:
dude, where's your arcade fire review?

some of us are waiting.

hello???!?!

crazy busy weekend, haven't had much of a chance...which thread should i post it in? let me know, and i'll do it there.

nah, the last thing i want to do is make people upset regarding arcade fire. i don't want anything negative to be said about them... :wink:

thanks for ze link

Do you know what royally pisses me off about iTunes? I purchased the album a few days ago, and discovered that TWO of the tracks had errors in them (a loud blip in I'll Believe In Anything and 30 seconds missing from Killing Armies). I wanted to go back and repurchase those songs today, and they're gone! I hope they're gone because they're fixing them... if not, I shall be sharing words...

Awesome avatar, GibsonGirl!

I must say that I'm pretty damned disappointed with how good-not-great I'm finding this album to be after about ten spins.

It's fine. I don't hate it or nothin'. It gets the job done. I just got the impression after reading a lot of press, a lot of fan testimony, and listening to a lot of people talk about it that it was going to be something much, much, much greater than I think it ultimately is, for me.

I dunno. It works. But it doesn't WORK.

well...personally i don't like one of the guy's voice's all that much and that almost ruins some songs for me.

if i wanted to listen to modest mouse, i'd listen to modest mouse. shit sakes! get your own voice, wanker!

still a strong debut record anyway, no matter what anyone says.

I hear you on the vocals. They do sound a bit Modest Mousey at times. I don't mind that too much, though, because I like Modest Mouse.

Back
Top Bottom